Discovery Gaming Community
OWE)- - Infocard - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: OWE)- - Infocard (/showthread.php?tid=133382)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Faction pending decision - placeholder - Ace Razgriz - 11-28-2015

(11-28-2015, 11:22 PM)Outer Worlds Expedition Wrote:
(11-28-2015, 11:17 PM)Bohnenquark Wrote: The Question is: what do you want to do? why dont afilliate (is it the right english word?) an existing faction?

It's always a smart go, but then all NPC factions somehow have their faction leaders, even if these are inactive.
I've been thinking about a faction, renouncing the Liberty sovereignity in Bering System right now, testing if that would be doable:

Quote:
[Image: avatar_34404.png?dateline=1448735285]
BERING UNION
A.K.A. Movement Against Libertonian Expansion in Hudson and Bering

[Image: avatar_34404.png?dateline=1448735285]Faction Identification
IFF: Unioners
ID: Unioner
Tag: [BU]-
Stance: Unlawful

[Image: avatar_34404.png?dateline=1448735285]Backstory
After the destruction of both Hamburg gates in Hudson and Bering, the Liberty Navy forcefully annexed both systems in the name of protection - from both Rheinland Military and criminals alike. However, shipping through these systems has been halted, with no difference for smugglers who did not care about jumpgates. However, not everyone liked the Navy patronage over Bering.

Bering Union mainly consists of angered Zoners, mercenaries and shippers which were affected by Rheinland-Liberty War and gate destruction. Their main goal is to wage a guerilla war against the Liberty influence and restore the status quo inside entire system, reclaiming its previous independent status.

(Also, does anyone use Unioner ID anyway?)

So this turned into a Unioner faction? I actually like this, gives me a reason to make a rheinland pirate now :}

RE: Faction pending decision - placeholder - Wolfen - 11-28-2015

So, an Unioner faction?

So be it!

EDIT: Idea changed.

RE: Bering Union [BU]- - Bohnenquark - 11-28-2015

Fight for an independent passage between Liberty and Rheinland (possibly for a new "independent" Jumpgate)?. why not?
I'm in.

RE: Faction pending decision - placeholder - Kauket - 11-28-2015

(11-28-2015, 11:23 PM)TheJarl Wrote: About the logo. The raised fist is a very very very common symbol of rebellion/revolt and has been used since forever. To think of it as copying of another faction is ridiculous, just as it is ridiculous to think of it as coming from a game. Just look at this list:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raised_fist#Groups_that_have_used_the_symbol

~ guy who made the current version of the VWA logo and who was VF leader when the original version of that logo was made by Cawdor for the VF

i mean art wise, it's the same style of shape and the 'cuts' are the same - so it's the same vector

talking law wise, this would be a copyright infringement.

also the new idea is nice, but are they aware of the jumpgates collapsing?

RE: Faction pending decision - placeholder - Wolfen - 11-28-2015

(11-28-2015, 11:37 PM)Nyx Wrote: also the new idea is nice, but are they aware of the jumpgates collapsing?

They do. That's why they are angry in the first place, as Freeport 2 doesn't generate as much income as used to be - add up annexation by Liberty and voila.

RE: Bering Union [BU]- - Bohnenquark - 11-29-2015

Isn't it a problem, that the unioners ID is hostile with the most cooperations or im i wrong? I mean, the BU is for free trading, isn't it?
I wont attack the idea, i only want to understand.

RE: Bering Union [BU]- - Wolfen - 11-29-2015

(11-29-2015, 12:00 AM)Bohnenquark Wrote: Isn't it a problem, that the unioners ID is hostile with the most cooperations or im i wrong? I mean, the BU is for free trading, isn't it?

The NPC reputation don't need to influence PvP interactions, I believe. Like in case of the Order, despite them beiung hostile to almost all corporations, doesn't target corporated.

[BU]- Bering Union
or
[BBU]- Bering Borderworld Union?

RE: Bering Union [BU]- - Malmsteen - 11-29-2015

I think this idea have a better future now, nice work
Good luck with upgrading and adding to this idea more factors so it become hard for the logical authorities to refuse it
BERING UNION & Unioners ID .. hmm, interesting !

Malmsteen

RE: Bering Union [BU]- - Wolfen - 11-29-2015

@Shinju
Please rename account into Bering Union, as soon as the problems with accounts would be solved! (sun)

RE: Bering Union [BU]- - Bohnenquark - 11-29-2015

[BU] i think.... Bering Borderworld Union sounds ..... i dont know.... Blääähhh...
But you could integrate something with "independent" or "free", for example.
And by the way: You should think about a new Logo :-P