Discovery Gaming Community
To: Admins/Moderators (whoever responsible) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: To: Admins/Moderators (whoever responsible) (/showthread.php?tid=133478)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

To: Admins/Moderators (whoever responsible) - Timmy - 12-01-2015

Subject: This

I wish to know based on which rule or anything else have my Shoutbox posting been restricted?

I also would like to know where is any warning or notice?

RE: To: Admins/Moderators (whoever responsible) - nOmnomnOm - 12-01-2015

Lol welcome to the club, m8.
I still cant believe a your mom joke is all that it took for me >.>

When i look at the shout box after and see people trolling around saying far worse things xD

RE: To: Admins/Moderators (whoever responsible) - Ryummel - 12-01-2015

Pay the premium fee to keep posting in shoutbox. You've broken a record in November.

RE: To: Admins/Moderators (whoever responsible) - Internity - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 05:24 PM)Timmy Wrote: Subject: This

I wish to know based on which rule or anything else have my Shoutbox posting been restricted?

I also would like to know where is any warning or notice?

That was unexpected. Anyway as "nomonOmnomOM" said in his post welcome to the club. Smile
I was also restricted last year and I don't know why either.
Maybe because I talked too much about the real problems we have around here. Maybe because there are some players who hate me personally. There's a lot of hate around the forums and in game too.
Anyway, rest assured nobody will unblock you from the shout box, in the thread says it is permanent.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=129578

Oh yea I almost forgot, maybe you have disturbed some of the moderators during the talk in the shoutbox and they decided to shut your mouth because you're smart and have good ideas for this server and they're afraid. (No sarcasm)

RE: To: Admins/Moderators (whoever responsible) - Shinju - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 06:11 PM)Internity Wrote: I was also restricted last year and I don't know why either.
Maybe because I talked too much about the real problems we have around here. Maybe because there are some players who hate me personally. There's a lot of hate around the forums and in game too.

Because you died when you were AFK or not paying attention to game, then you were raging in SB. Do you know?

About Timmy, will have to check logs.

(12-01-2015, 06:33 PM)Shinju Wrote: Because you died when you were AFK or not paying attention to game, then you were raging in SB. Do you know?

About Timmy, will have to check logs.

Yea, it rings a bell or two and I bet it was more than that since I never shout about minor problems.
But anyway, keep me blocked because who knows, maybe I will die again when not paying attention to the game and come and rage in the shoutbox once again; good thinking, right there! Forget it... Sad

RE: To: Admins/Moderators (whoever responsible) - Alley - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 05:37 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Lol welcome to the club, m8.

When i look at the shout box after and see people trolling around saying far worse things xD

the problem usually isn't whether or not it was a big deal, it's whether or not you can be trusted with shoutbox privileges. 99% of the community understand that, and despite some people tend to flame at each other in very sparse moments, when they're told to put an end to it, they do.

Some people don't and lose shoutbox privileges. It's very simple to understand really.

RE: To: Admins/Moderators (whoever responsible) - Timmy - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 06:43 PM)Alley Wrote: the problem usually isn't whether or not it was a big deal, it's whether or not you can be trusted with shoutbox privileges. 99% of the community understand that, and despite some people tend to flame at each other in very sparse moments, when they're told to put an end to it, they do.

Some people don't and lose shoutbox privileges. It's very simple to understand really.

Excuse me, but to put an end to it there should be a writen reason. Also there's differense between just flaming at someone and saying opinion. Making a differense between the two is what Admins signed up for. Not sure about moderators, as I haven't seen any rules related to their work.

Also, thank you for looking into my request, @Shinju.

I don't try to justify myself, I just would like to start with hearing a simple reason behind such action. Just to be sure that whoever did it wasn't abusing his given power.

RE: To: Admins/Moderators (whoever responsible) - nOmnomnOm - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 06:43 PM)Alley Wrote:

the problem usually isn't whether or not it was a big deal, it's whether or not you can be trusted with shoutbox privileges. 99% of the community understand that, and despite some people tend to flame at each other in very sparse moments, when they're told to put an end to it, they do.

and yet a lot of times people have done worse than me and dont get banned from it? lol
The logic here is ridiculous but whatever. I have realized the people that usually post there just spam and/or are trolling anyway. It's alright, Alley. I'm ok with not having trolling privileges.

(12-01-2015, 06:49 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote:
(12-01-2015, 06:43 PM)Alley Wrote:

and yet a lot of times people have done worse than me and dont get banned from it? lol
The logic here is ridiculous but whatever. I have realized the people that usually post there just spam and/or are trolling anyway. It's alright, Alley. I'm ok with not having trolling privileges.

I agree with you, nonomnomOm. Maybe I have talked dirty and had a conflict ONCE in the shoutbox. That doesn't mean I will do that 24/7, non-stop. If I had done that daily, I would've been permanently banned long ago and I've been around here since 2008. So yeah an old member isn't trustworthy.