Discovery Gaming Community
pobs - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: pobs (/showthread.php?tid=133487)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

pobs - Corile - 12-01-2015

not gonna bother with too much explaining here

but how about we replaced the need for base supply with increased costs of facilities

alternatively add some expensive module called "biodome" that would remove the constant base damage and the potatos for crew

and then bases that didn't have anybody docking on them for a month or something would get autoremoved

cause i would really like something to do with my credits, maybe even trade a bit
but playing a lame version of tamagotchi is not something i'm really interested in

discuss

RE: pobs - DkJericho - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 10:12 PM)Protégé Wrote: not gonna bother with too much explaining here

but how about we replaced the need for base supply with increased costs of facilities

alternatively add some expensive module called "biodome" that would remove the constant base damage and the potatos for crew

and then bases that didn't have anybody docking on them for a month or something would get autoremoved

cause i would really like something to do with my credits, maybe even trade a bit
but playing a lame version of tamagotchi is not something i'm really interested in

discuss

I agree something needs to be different or some new factories aka a refinery to which you sell ore to then refines it to bars which can be sold for huge profits.

RE: pobs - pillow - 12-01-2015

how about removing every pob first
then moving on from there

ffs just look at gamma or new york

RE: pobs - The Savage - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 10:12 PM)Protégé Wrote: not gonna bother with too much explaining here

discuss

For a very first time I agree with Protege on the forums.

The end is nigh.

RE: pobs - Oldum - 12-01-2015

Pretty much agree on that , unless PoBs are maintained by multiple people, they are a drag . back when it was first added, with a constant 150+ onlne player count it was okay-ish, but now it's ... well, we all know.

RE: pobs - Malmsteen - 12-01-2015

Hi,

This is a very interesting topic, i think that the bases can be activated more by some nice additions
Like factories, can be a great addition or a shipyard that can produce certain kinds of ships.
I can imagine in my mind a factory for food rations and another water supply for water etc.. added as factories on the POBs
Maybe the idea of "Biodome" too or with more enhancements to it.
The idea of "auto-remove" the feature if the bases didn't receive a single docking pilot for over 30 days is epic.
Keep the constructive thoughts up, nice topic @"Protégé"

Respectfully,

Malmsteen

RE: pobs - Laura C. - 12-01-2015

I find this idea interesting. Nice moneysink potential. Let people instal biodome and automatic repair factory modules. They will keep station perfectly feeded and repaired.
For lets say 20 million credits running costs per day taken from base bank.
Let the people pay for the luxury of getting out of the grind, why not.
But nothing permanent. No money? No services, get back to your supply train.

RE: pobs - Alley - 12-01-2015

not really news, POBs have been neglected for a long time.

The thing is, when the plugin was written it only was meant to work in a specific way. I'm sure Cannon had ideas for expansions down the road and a fair bit of the things he did look like temporary solutions to me. A rework of some major parts of the plugin was started by myself, hence how you got dynamic jump hole/gates, multi arches, invincibility, core restrictions and others.

There's still a long way to go and the major milestone to achieve is to make module and item positions loaded from the files instead of relying on a hardcoded array, which makes any addition very painful and unpractical for mass addition. When that part is completed everything becomes just a matter of time, and even the time required to put something in place is seriously reduced.

Speaking of refineries, that's something I already had working in Neo Terra.

RE: pobs - Corile - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 10:27 PM)RheinlandRavager Wrote:

discuss

I agree something needs to be different or some new factories aka a refinery to which you sell ore to then refines it to bars which can be sold for huge profits.
The current biggest problem with pobs is that they require you to log to supply them.

Its that kind of flawed mentality of "log or you'll lose something" instead of "log and you'll get smth nice"

We can do stuff about adding modules and whatever but first the need to supply bases needs to be removed

Sent from my ONE TOUCH IDOL MINI using Tapatalk

RE: pobs - Malmsteen - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 10:50 PM)Alley Wrote: not really news, POBs have been neglected for a long time.

The thing is, when the plugin was written it only was meant to work in a specific way. I'm sure Cannon had ideas for expansions down the road and a fair bit of the things he did look like temporary solutions to me. A rework of some major parts of the plugin was started by myself, hence how you got dynamic jump hole/gates, multi arches, invincibility, core restrictions and others.

There's still a long way to go and the major milestone to achieve is to make module and item positions loaded from the files instead of relying on a hardcoded array, which makes any addition very painful and unpractical for mass addition. When that part is completed everything becomes just a matter of time, and even the time required to put something in place is seriously reduced.

Speaking of refineries, that's something I already had working in Neo Terra.

I am sure you guys are great developers and will find a way one day to expand the idea of POBs
The expansion will add a lot to the game, and to the attraction of certain kind of players who like POBs
I wish you good luck and all the other developers and we looking forward to see any surprises soon Smile

Respectfully,
Malmsteen