Discovery Gaming Community
Why do you think Certian ships are OP? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Why do you think Certian ships are OP? (/showthread.php?tid=133752)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Why do you think Certian ships are OP? - Wesker - 12-10-2015

Just curious, what ships do you think are OP? Why? I've been hearing people go back and forth saying this and that are OP. What shipline do you think is the best? While I'm no snub master I can definetly feel the difference between ship a and b I don't have skill to push a fighter to its max potential like I can in caps so I'd wonder what people's opinions are.

My choices (not in order) :

RM cruiser

Scylla

Valor

Geb

Libby gb

Wraith

Libby dread

RE: Why do you think Certian ships are OP? - Mephistoles - 12-10-2015

The Wraith has no downsides and is strong in all aspects of balance.

Small, good shape, very fast, has high core and high armour for a ship of its speed. Its stats now were not too bad (but still very strong) when it only had five forward guns, but now it has six.

Slow it down and make it heavier, or drop its firepower and durability.

RE: Why do you think Certian ships are OP? - Ace Razgriz - 12-10-2015

Geb - Extremely small profile, Medium BS armor, cruiser turning rates, not to mention 18 turrets fit on that monstrously small ship. I'd honestly turn it back into a battlecruiser.

Claymore - THIS THING IS SO FRIGGIN SMALL. it is literally impossible to take this thing with squads of gunboats, bombers, or even cruisers. Its agility is insane and its basically the most heavily armed bulimic gunboat in sirius. so in that case... MAKE IT BIGGER.

Also... *Certain

RE: Why do you think Certian ships are OP? - pillow - 12-10-2015

noooo don't tell the devs that the wraith is op

Anyway- yeah. The Wraith is certainly overpowered, but the Titan/Centurion still are pretty annoying to hit while still looking a whole lot better than the Wraith. : D

However, the Sabre and the Guardian do it for me. The Guardian has the perfect shape for me while having those gorgeous looks. And the Sabre? Well...it's the Sabre. Seven guns. Shotgun is love.

RE: Why do you think Certian ships are OP? - Wesker - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 03:09 PM)Ace Razgriz Wrote: Claymore - THIS THING IS SO FRIGGIN SMALL. it is literally impossible to take this thing with squads of gunboats, bombers, or even cruisers. Its agility is insane and its basically the most heavily armed bulimic gunboat in sirius. so in that case... MAKE IT BIGGER.

Also... *Certain

Agreed, I forgot about that one. It's thin profile and high turn rate allow it to dodge Solaris. Claymore with cerbs can take down an armada.

(12-10-2015, 03:10 PM)Freedom Phantom Wrote: noooo don't tell the devs that the wraith is op

Anyway- yeah. The Wraith is certainly overpowered, but the Titan/Centurion still are pretty annoying to hit while still looking a whole lot better than the Wraith. : D

However, the Sabre and the Guardian do it for me. The Guardian has the perfect shape for me while having those gorgeous looks. And the Sabre? Well...it's the Sabre. Seven guns. Shotgun is love.

I'm no snub expert but I think the centis only strengths are its agility and powercore. It's shape makes it a hard target as well.

My issue with the sabre is its low powercore since my aim is about average (now), I rely on 8.33s which drains a Sabres core fast. The rest of the Sabres aspects are nice tho.

RE: Why do you think Certian ships are OP? - Vendetta - 12-10-2015

All gunboats ever need to be re-balanced. A single gunboat can eat a fleet, which shouldn't happen at all.

(12-10-2015, 03:21 PM)Vendetta Wrote: All gunboats ever need to be re-balanced. A single gunboat can eat a fleet, which shouldn't happen at all.

A single gunboat eats fleets because of the fleets lack of coordination. A coordinated/skilled group of 4-5 snubs /2-3 bombers/ or a mixed fleet can drop any gunboat. Many people don't realize just how much coordination effects group fighting performance. (Best way too coordinate is use TS)

RE: Why do you think Certian ships are OP? - Aether - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 03:29 PM)Wesker Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 03:21 PM)Vendetta Wrote: All gunboats ever need to be re-balanced. A single gunboat can eat a fleet, which shouldn't happen at all.

A single gunboat eats fleets because of the fleets lack of coordination. A coordinated/skilled group of 4-5 snubs /2-3 bombers/ or a mixed fleet can drop any gunboat. Many people don't realize just how much coordination effects group fighting performance. (Best way too coordinate is use TS)

There's a difference between a well coordinated ship and a gunboat that's too maneuverable and small to hit with anything (LN Gunboat, I know you fly one Wesker Wink ) They need a fix, because a gunboat should not be able to kill a battleship alone. That doesn't make sense. a Cruiser? Yeah, maybe. But not a battleship. Hell, last gunboat I fought in a snub it took 11 people to bring it down. 11, well coordinated and equipped people. It shouldn't take that much to kill one thing unless it's something really really large. It was a Tridente, too, so most of our shots just flew through it.

EDIT: Whoops, wrong account.

RE: Why do you think Certian ships are OP? - Vendetta - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 03:34 PM)Augustin Pierce Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 03:29 PM)Wesker Wrote:

There's a difference between a well coordinated ship and a gunboat that's too maneuverable and small to hit with anything (LN Gunboat, I know you fly one Wesker Wink ) They need a fix, because a gunboat should not be able to kill a battleship alone. That doesn't make sense. a Cruiser? Yeah, maybe. But not a battleship. Hell, last gunboat I fought in a snub it took 11 people to bring it down. 11, well coordinated and equipped people. It shouldn't take that much to kill one thing unless it's something really really large. It was a Tridente, too, so most of our shots just flew through it.

EDIT: Whoops, wrong account.

Basically, there's no point in flying anything but a gunboat since they're capable of slaughtering every ship class.