Discovery Gaming Community
Librelancer 2019.08 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Librelancer 2019.08 (/showthread.php?tid=133791)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Librelancer (Updated July '16) - theflyingrock - 07-24-2016

I cant even press the new game button as when I do nothing happens

RE: Librelancer (Updated July '16) - Riess - 07-24-2016

I would assume this is because work is still in very early stages.

I've starred it. Wont help much as systems/webdev guy myself, but I'll keep an eye on progress.

Good luck!

RE: Librelancer (Updated July '16) - Ichiru - 07-26-2016

(07-24-2016, 01:10 PM)theflyingrock Wrote: I cant even press the new game button as when I do nothing happens

Re-download, was an issue with the build I first uploaded.

RE: Librelancer (Updated July '16) - Ichiru - 09-14-2016

Updated the OP with a sneak-peek of what's to come on github soon. Haven't pushed the changes yet though since it's horribly broken for anything but Ft. Bush Tongue

RE: Librelancer (Updated July '16) - Ichiru - 11-15-2016

A little progress picture for you all, since it's been a while since I've shown anything here. This picture is of my local tree, not the one on Github, but the changes should be pushed soon enough.

[Image: jT4TRzCl.png]
Click here for full size

The render engine is starting to have most of the features of the regular Freelancer one. This screenshot showcases some of the Asteroid Fields work, as well as the (very very broken) ALE engine.

Other things being worked on that aren't quite visible:
  • DirectX 9 Backend - for you people with potatoes that can't get OpenGL 3.2. Given that the (much faster) OpenGL backend still has slowdowns in certain scenes, don't expect this one to be usable any time soon.
  • Buttloads of optimisation
  • Infocard reading

RE: Librelancer (Updated July '16) - Corile - 11-17-2016

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

well done tho

RE: Librelancer (Updated July '16) - thisDerius - 11-17-2016

I was always thinking that fl would look awesome in Serius Engine, but I dont see that happening. He he he.

BTW. This would be compatible with "M" type graphic cards?

RE: Librelancer (Updated July '16) - Ichiru - 11-18-2016

(11-17-2016, 10:35 AM)Corile Wrote: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

u know it Wink

(11-17-2016, 10:59 AM)thisDerius Wrote: BTW. This would be compatible with "M" type graphic cards?

By M if you mean things like GTX 650M and stuff, then of course! One of my test machines has an Intel HD 5000.

RE: Librelancer (Updated July '16) - thisDerius - 11-18-2016

By the way. After I try to enter the game, it crashes before getting to the main menu.
I dont have a propper game instalation (freelancer djDEVASTATE). Is it because of that?

RE: Librelancer (Updated July '16) - Ichiru - 11-19-2016

(11-18-2016, 03:24 PM)thisDerius Wrote: By the way. After I try to enter the game, it crashes before getting to the main menu.
I dont have a propper game instalation (freelancer djDEVASTATE). Is it because of that?

Crash before the main menu (in the July demo) either means:
  • You're not running a proper install of vanilla freelancer (Repacks seem to use some strange format for colors etc.).
  • You don't have a graphics card capable of OpenGL 3.2 / DirectX 10. (Intel HD 2000 or older)

If it's neither of those things, try running it in command prompt and screenshotting the error Smile