Discovery Gaming Community
How should i fly the Sarissa? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: How should i fly the Sarissa? (/showthread.php?tid=133950)

Pages: 1 2

How should i fly the Sarissa? - Mr.Badger - 12-16-2015

Hey guys,
Just a simple question. How should i fly the OC Sarissa. Should i try to be the hunter or should i try to run?

Should i use the first person when I'm the Hunter or should i use TS?

Regards,
Lambda

Ps. Or should i buy an ranseur?

RE: How should i fly the Sarissa? - Sciamach - 12-16-2015

The Sarissa is built like a light battleship, while having the hull profile of a small Dreadnought. The thing's oversized and underpowered.

I'm not an expert on the Sarissa-- but keeping away from the enemy is your best bet. The Sarissa is huge, and you need to keep at max range with Cerbs aimed at your target as much as possible if you hope to survive.

Now, the Ranseur has one good firing arc. One. That's it.

So Ranseur combat rapidly descends into: "point nose at thing, charge at thing, fire at thing". This works best with a cloak, wherein you can get to point-blank range and do this to avoid sustaining too much damage because of how painfully flimsy the armor on the Ranseur is.

So take your pick: there isn't a single Outcast Capital that's worth a damn right now.

RE: How should i fly the Sarissa? - Karst - 12-16-2015

(12-16-2015, 03:30 PM)Lambda Wrote: How should i fly the OC Sarissa.

You shouldn't ololololol

In all seriousness the Sarissa is a pretty bad ship. It's a medium battleship in most aspects, but huge and very little heavy firepower. It's best used for support as its best arcs are to the side. With its size and only two heavies, it won't be winning any battleship duels.
Your ideal situation is probably a large capfight involving Ranseurs where people won't notice you as much and you can fly around shooting things with your good amount of prims. Maybe put razors on the heavy slots so you can at least hit cruisers and gunboats that don't notice you close to them really hard.

RE: How should i fly the Sarissa? - The Savage - 12-16-2015

(12-16-2015, 03:30 PM)Lambda Wrote: How should i fly the OC Sarissa.

Sell it.

Colorful thread is colorful

RE: How should i fly the Sarissa? - Mr.Badger - 12-16-2015

Well, sounds like the OC cap line is really bad...
Whatever, i will buy one and try to find a way how to use this ship right.

Regards,
Lambda

RE: How should i fly the Sarissa? - Oldum - 12-16-2015

(12-16-2015, 03:47 PM)Lambda Wrote: Well, sounds like the OC cap line is really bad...

Regards,
Lambda

If you really want one ( god save your soul ) I have one I don't need anymore.

Supposedly, the upcoming balance update fixes a large number of ships that have needed to be fixed for a while now-- and given that I've been screaming at the top of my lungs to get the OC capline fixed for close to a year and a half now, I can only hope that maybe my message got through.

TL;DR:
Things are getting fixed soon™

RE: How should i fly the Sarissa? - Mr.Badger - 12-16-2015

(12-16-2015, 03:48 PM)Oldum Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 03:47 PM)Lambda Wrote: Well, sounds like the OC cap line is really bad...

Regards,
Lambda

If you really want one ( god save your soul ) I have one I don't need anymore.

I already saw your thread.
Currently i have only a Lib dread... need to wait until i find someone who wants it and have the cash for it.

RE: How should i fly the Sarissa? - Wesker - 12-16-2015

Speaking as someone who will stomp anyone with medium/light battleships.

The sarissa is complete utter garbage like the rest of the oc capline. It's arcs allow it to fire it's cerbs up and broadside. It can't fire it's heavies down, it's powercore is meh and its size completely defeats it's combat role which is group fighting.

Your best bet is too stay at 2.5k-3k range and spam cerbs, don't use it too duel and DO NOT. Tank into your enemy, you will lose. The mako can out tank the sarissa proving how pathetic it is.

Your honestly better off getting a Ransuer. The sarissa is the worst battleship in the mod. It needs to be scaled down.

I find it funny how inRP oc caps are supposed to be really advanced in combat performance yet in the game they are trash.