Discovery Gaming Community
Behind hidden doors - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Behind hidden doors (/showthread.php?tid=134005)

Behind hidden doors - Vendetta - 12-18-2015

Hidden within a section of the Walker Nebula, a refinery sits, seldom any traffic. The interior appeared smaller than it should, as large section were inaccessible. Guards patrolling the halls, and platforms guarding the exterior, Navarro was no ordinary station. Beneath hidden bunker doors, secret mooring points, in the inaccessible section of the station, a secret facility, Control Station : AEGIS, bustled with activity.

A Monument-class Dreadnought, bloodied and bruised, was arriving to one of the mooring points, a Bustard Carrier not far behind. They moored with points disguised as fueling pipes, and began to unload their crew into the hidden facility.

"So, this is it." Hunt said to himself. He looked out the window at the installation, concealed in a cloud of orange. He straightened his tie, stood, and approached the airlock, Alan Stacker trailing behind. Walking through the point, he noticed the Monument Cincinnati had some engine damage. Reaching the end, armed men and crewman chattering, he saw Maverick appear from the opposite mooring point.

"You took a beating getting here, huh? Your engine manifold is barely holding together. I might know some people who can fix that. I had some time in the Corsairs, befriended an Elder Lopez. I'll see if he cant help us out in exchange for some food. Sound good?"

RE: Behind hidden doors - Fuski - 12-20-2015

Maverick stands just outside the mooring point as Hunt approaches talking about the Core in the back of the Overlord. When Hunt mentions corsairs, an eyebrow is sharply raised.

Woah woah woah. Now... I don't know exactly what an Elder Lopez is, but I'm sure you have an ace in your sleeve. Yeah, it was quite the jassle to get out here. Having to pass through Liberty Navy's blockade in conjunction with Bretonian Armed Forces and a random Gallic. We don't exactly have access to a shipyard nearby. If we were able to get someone to bring us parts, we could do it ourselves. We, especially Sylus and I, have worked on these ships and know more than enough to get her running right once more. She's been reliable for sure. Had to do some Junker rigging to get her to tie in right and hold together long enough till we can address it properly. At the moment. the Nasty 'natti runs like a charm. With exception to a faulty transformer line and a broken impulse drive. Some Engine Components should do wonders.

I digress. A couple things... I found this This note on Pierce's body. And a million credits. But I claim that. No touchie. Also...
What do you mean an Elder Lopez? This place has little for food. Let alone anything in exchange.

*As Maverick converses with Hunt, A ship under the transponder "CTR:Shiva" comes on the radar. The communications room nearby, He overhears that the Shiva is bringing in a Shipment of Diamonds.*

Wait, Diamonds? Just what is this place?

RE: Behind hidden doors - wanderer95 - 12-21-2015

Stacker received word of Hunt's and Maverick's arrival and made his way towards the common area of Navarro, being sure he ejected the STINGYRAY AI chip from its port before he disembarked the Sovereign. One of the warehouse managers approached with a data pad with a few various notes and registries that requited signing.

"...Right we'll have the Chocobo deliver those to Waterloo and contract the Dardanos for another pickup." Stacker said before the bay doors to the common room opened.

"Hunt." He flipped the AI chip to him, much like a coin.

"And Maverick. Glad to have you working with us and I welcome you to Navarro 'Refinery'. I'm Alan Stacker, former leader of Task Force Gladius right before our little breakup. I couldn't help but overhear you asking about the diamonds. Well we contract some of the miners from O-11 and have them drop their uncuts here, we do a little bit of refining ourselves but most would prefer before having the uncuts stored and later exported to Bretonia anyways. Either way we make quite a profit whether hauling them ourselves or having a passing train buy them off from us. Though this is just a cover and a source of funding for Control Station Aegis."

RE: Behind hidden doors - Vendetta - 12-22-2015

Hunt snagged the A.I card as it flew through the air, placing it in his left pocket. He listened as Stacker explained the cover, and introduced himself. Once he had finished, he motioned for Maverick and Stacker to follow him. He started walking down a hallway, passing locked rooms and armed guards. Along the way, he continued talking.

"Elder Raul Lopez is one of the Corsair leaders, based a couple of systems over. Using some transports we can acquire with operational funds, we can ship them rations in exchange for access to Tripoli shipyard. Say the word, Mav', and I'll send him a message."

He turned his head to Stacker.

"With the resources here, we can get on track to developing the Dawnbreaker for deployment. Get a clean room ready, post security and see what you can do about locating some power cells. Have the recovered pieces sent to the clean room and an engineering team present to gather anything that can be used from the prototype and set it aside. Everything else gets dumped. I'll need a terminal with full access, and a drafting monitor. Once thats done, come see me."

Rounding a corner, the three came face to face with a staircase leading downwards to residential. Hunt called over one of the guards.

"Organize some rooms for the Cincinnati's crew, show Maverick to his quarters and get the man a bottle of Liberty ale. Roughly two-hundred bunks needed, but Maverick would know more about that. Warm meals, too."

Hunt paused, turning to Maverick and Stacker.

"We've got a moment of rest, but don't get fooled. Increased extraterrestrial attacks are appearing across the sector, and I have no doubt they'll show up here eventually. In the meantime, Pierce's fighter log mentioned that the first fleet ESRD units use anti-stealth technology. Stacker, have someone, or yourself, look into it. We'll need it. Once that's done, we'll invest in some combat craft to counter stealth capable vessels. Maverick, get back to me when you've decided about that Corsair move. We don't have the tools necessary to maintain a Monument here, they will. I'll be in the C&C room until everything's set up."

Hunt walked back the way they had come, leaving Stacker and Maverick with the security officer. Passing through one of the doors, another staircase upwards was located. He headed up, through a heavily secured metal door into a large, round room, with a platform filled with terminals, monitors and controls overlooking the rest of the room. Bustling with activity, the lower level had desks and terminals everywhere, people working and watching screens, talking into microphones and reading paper. Hunt walked up to the platform, and sat down. He leaned forward, a small slot was visible in the center of the keypad. He reached into his pocket to receive the chip, and inserted it into the slot.

The room fluttered, monitors turning off and on in a split second. A holo-display on the platform activated, where a small man stood with no notable features

"So, you're back." Sting Ray seemed unhappy.

"I guess, I hope you didnt miss me, that'd be unprofessional." Hunt replies.

"Of course not, I just thought you were Pierce plugging me in." Said the A.I.

"I plugged him in the throat with a plasma bolt." Hunt said.

"Good. No more distractions, then?" Sting Ray asked, changing his posture.

"No, there's always distractions, delays, someone trying to kill someone. That's life. Anyways, we got work to do. Run a systems check, full access and go through personnel and information files once you're done. Then, let me know if someone buzzes me, I'm going to see what exactly this place can do." Hunt said, putting his feet on the terminal in front of him.

"Already started and almost done, you know me better than that. I have full access to deploy-able security turrets, radio transmissions, docking control and remote access to the old facilities Stacker tagged. They're abandoned. Server on Junction is gone, and your private one is gone. The facility we're in is currently locked down beyond three concealed doors and two disguised mooring points which are in use by the Sovereign and Cincinnati. Traffic logs show nothing beyond three transports that occasionally bring in supplies and export or import minerals. Diamonds. Interesting cover. This place also has a purge system that wasn't finished. Whats next?" Sting Ray said, looking around.

"We wait." Hunt replied, closing his eyes.

RE: Behind hidden doors - Fuski - 12-26-2015

Maverick watched Hunt walk away. He glances over at Stacker, who was standing to the right of him, peering around the complexity of the facility. Taking note of the layout and internal works. Maverick shoves his hands in his old naval uniform pockets and cocks his head to Stacker.

"Diamonds. Heh.... You know that's one way to make a living. I'm going to head back to the ship and talk to the crew. See how they feel about getting help from the Corsairs. Their shipyard may come in handy. We'll talk later."

Stacker nodded as he proceeded to take more incoming notifications, assessing the Chocobo and Shiva to consignees. Maverick walks away from the crowd of people, talking and chattering, beeps and pings of the computers and mechanisms wailing away in the background. Across the pristine flooring of marble white and squares of red accent. Through the double doors and into the mooring point of the Cincinnati, across from the Bustard carrier and out of sight.

RE: Behind hidden doors - Fuski - 12-26-2015

Maverick from his quarters in the Cincinnati, Sitting at his desk with a display in front of him. A feed opens and up pops Joshua on the screen, reclined and asleep. a voice from somewhere Attempts to wake up Hunt.

"Joshua. The Overlord captain you brought here, moored to dock 2, is attempting to contact you."

Joshua stirs awake, sitting up and working out a kink in the neck.

"Yes Mav?"

"Mister Hunt. I have ran it through the crew. We've all decided to take you up on the offer to extend a hand out to the Corsairs. Pull your strings and see what you can do for us. We're about to seek out a shipyard on our own and rip out the IFF systems. Also, We have a favor to ask. The crew and I decided that we could use a change of attire. These old Navy uniforms are outdated. We'll need new clothes. Enough for 200 men. Maybe some extras."

RE: Behind hidden doors - Vendetta - 12-27-2015

Hunt rubbed his face, as Maverick spoke over the intercom.

"Mesaage is away, had it pre-recorded for Ray to send out if you came around. I'll have some people send over some clothes. Identify security personnel, and we'll send over some armour and firearms."

Hunt sat up, looking over the monitors, screens all showing idle and unused, awaiting input. Sting Ray worked silently from his holodisplay, roaming through the stations databanks. Footsteps sounded on the steps behind him. He reached into his suit for his sidearm and turned quickly, to find Stacker approaching.

"Room is set up on deck H-1. I had what was left of the gun dragged over, but there wasnt much. Techs are working on ripping it up, but we'll need a new base cannon, as the cell structure is deteriorated beyond recovery."

Hunt relaxed, releasing his grip on his sidearm.

"Great, I'll be down there soon. See what you can so about getting another cannon. Have yourself or Jayse head out to the Omicrons to get one. We'll also need power cells. A lot of them. I'll see about locating someone with the means to design a hull capable of supporting the weapon. Good work."

Stacker nodded, walked back down the stairs and out the metal door.

"He's got quite the tainted history."

"So I've heard. Ray, is there anything in the files about ship technicians? Give me a list of names, and I'll get writing."

"I'll see what I can do."

RE: Behind hidden doors - Vendetta - 12-31-2015

Hunt got up from the leather-padded chair, turned and headed for the stairs. He nodded at a passing security officer, who nodded in return. Passing through the fortified bulkhead, he turned immediately to a staircase heading downwards, the map on the wall showing it as the path to deck H-1. He jogged down them, passing three floors before encountering a checkpoint and clean zone.

Stepping up to the glass door, he grabbed the handle as security buzzed him in. He was asked to extend his arms outward, as automated scanners picked up on foreign hazards, and used a type of gas to clean him. Once finished, he continued onwards, into a large, open white room. A large pole-like object extended across the floor diagonally, a large portion missing and damaged. Tables with technicians pickig through small parts were scattered around, wires in all directions across the floor plugging into sensors, with lines measuring power inputs. A deployable holodisplay sat at a makeshift desk, where Sting Ray watched as people walked around the great weapon. Hunt approached the desk, dawning some gloves.

"Square one, I guess" he said to the A.I.

"Not quite. A single cell was recovered, most of the superstructure is in tact. Focusing lens, magnetic emitters and the organic bits are basically dust. I asked them to give me an estimate on what we'd need to get it to where it was, but they're still examinig it." Ray responded, looking at the massive device.

"I asked Stacker to track down some more cells and a new sample. Once you have that list, send the CT-73's out to collect and order some construction drones. Anything on a designer for the hull?" Hunt asked, looking over is shoulder at The Dawnbreaker.

"I've got some bits here and there, but nothings for sure. I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, I sent over some uniforms to the Cincinnati. Since you'll be here for a while, I had an idea. Ask Maverick about becoming the new Field Operations head now that Pierce is gone. He's got the experience, right? Once his ship is put back together, it can serve as a FOB." Said Ray.

"Good idea. For now, lets just see about fixing this thing."

RE: Behind hidden doors - Vendetta - 01-04-2016

Hunt stood beside a man in a white lab coat, with gloves and protective headgear on, obstructing his face. The man was leant over a keypad, typing. He was one of two-dozen technicians working on the Dawnbreaker. The structure of the weapon appears to have mostly been repaired, with drones and heavy machinery surrounding the gun that dwarfed a man almost ten-fold. Welders replaced scorched and bent pieces of metal to protect the interior, while on the inside, technicians replaced magnetic rails and the focusing lense.

A package had recently arrived, dropped off by Jayse Maxwell. Two technicians and a drone were scanning the large metallic case. High traces of radiation emitted from inside. Opposite of the case, in a photonic-resonance barrier, sat a small, purple orb, that occasionally gave off a faint glow. A power cell, hooked up to sensors to monitor energy output. Wires leading from the stand to terminals where a single Tech stood and watched.

The case, carefully opened, as security personnel arrived for safe measure, pointing theif rifles at the case as the two men in coats opened it slowly, the drone scanning the contents. Inside, a large purple gun, organic in nature, sat. The drone lowered a small crane for the techs to hoist the weapon out, security still tense. Once attached, the four men and drone approached a nearby table, with bits of adapted weaponry and other tech scattered around, ready to assemble The Dawnbreakers firing chamber once more. Hunt watched the screen. "No power fluctuations, good." He thought to himself as they moved past the Power Cell.

Hunt pushed himself off the desk he was leaning on, and walked over to the table. "Put it down carefully." He said. "Its the only one we have, and Maxwell would be pretty pissed if he had to grab another Singularity cannon for us." One of the technicians nodded, as they helped guide the alien weapon to the table. Droids rolled up, scanning the device as the techs and security stepped back. Like before, they begun to insert wires into the organic material, that connected to various sensors and devices that lay about the assembly line. Bit by bit, the firing mechanism was being prepared once more. Plating, power conduits and limiters all being shoved on to the device, with excess organic materials being loaded on to a tray, and taken away to be burned by flamethrowers.

Several hours had passed, the Technician team had shrunk down to under half its size, as many headed to bed in the wee hours of the morning. Hunt struggled to remain awake. He dragged over his chair, to watch the progress the drones were making. He closed his eyes, but quickly jolted upright to avoid sleeping. The holodisplay behind him lit up, showing Sting Ray looking over.

"You can sleep. I'll wake you up when they're done." Said the A.I.

"Sleep is dangerous. I cant afford such a luxury with my friends out for blood." Hunt retorted, in a whisper.

"They cant get you here. No one knows our location, and even if they did, this base is hidden in quite the cover story." Sting Ray added.

"That doesnt matter. We're at war, not just with them, but with those we once called friend. John, Geoff, hell probably Butch at some point... If they find us, they'll throw everything they can at us. You know that. I already called Helena, and we're lucky she's cautious enough to not get attached to us. Otherwise we'd have to be on our toes around the clock.. implying we aren't already." Hunt sighed, laying back into his chair.

RE: Behind hidden doors - Fuski - 01-06-2016

Several days later, Hunt was assessing scematics of the Dawnbreaker and analyzing the parts missing and parts damaged that needed replacing. Hunt looked over the blueprints and pieces that were received from Lagsalot some time back. As Hunt gazed upon it all, Maverick had made a trip onto the station from the deck of the Cincinnati to stretch his legs. Hunt walks through complex batch of double doors, coming across Maverick amongst the commons.

Mav: Anything yet on the corsairs?

Hunt: No. Nothing at all.

Mav: Well. We Went about on our own some days ago. Found a Shipyard and a Freeport. Good to know, you know?

Hunt: I could have told you that. But---

As Hunt was speaking, Alarms and red alerts start to wail. Sirens blaring at ear deafening levels and red lights spin in their colored clear canisters.

"Navarro is under attack. This is not a drill. Repeat. Navarro is under attack."

Just as the announcement is heard, loud explosions are heard and felt on the plating of the station's hull.

Maverick: Hunt, We've got to get crew off this place.

Hunt: I agree, but we also have Experimental and secret stuff we need to get off as well.

Maverick: You take the top secret stuff with you. I'll fit as much crew and stuff that's left over on the Cincinnati and those CT's we have on standby.

Hunt: On it.

As the warnings and dangers went off across the station, the revirberations felt across the entire platform, Crew and components were loaded onto the decks of the Sovereign. The crew and minor things were loaded amongst the Shiva, Chocobo, and Ifrit vessels that were moored to the un-disguised points of the station. Maverick runs off onto the platform of the Cincinnati's bay Yelling to Sylus over the comms on the immediate right of the hold.

Maverick: Sy, we got issue!
Sylus: As if I didn't know before you! I've ordered the crew to get the guns online, but we can't keep sustained fire!
Maverick: Fire in bursts! Keep them at bay till we get the clear! Who is it?
Sylus: I can't tell and I'm too damn busy here to get you the details!
Maverick: Guess the details can wait! Everyone on! Move it move it!

The Cincinnati came under fire from a barrage of primary weapons and cannons of the unknown ships, The Sovereign taking heat as well as the station and one of the CT's. All the weapons on the base, the primaries on the Cincinnati and the turrets on the Sovereign kept them at bay till the Sovereign unmoored. A gunboat on the station, had departed to lay down covering fire for the CT's, as Cargo was loaded. The CT-73's: Shiva, Ifrit, And Chocobo had departed from the yard and away into the nebula. Leaving the Cincinnati behind with the Gunboat to defend.

[Image: screen34_zpstuohi4cr.png]

The station had taken too much damage and was considered lost. Men had been lost on some levels when they imploded upon the initial attack. Those floors protecting the rest with debris and chunks of paneling left, the bulk doors preventing more levels being lost to the vacuum of space. The rest of the station's crew had boarded the Cincinnati. Maverick rushed to the helm, taking command and breaking free of the mooring point of Navarro station.

"Who is it that attacked us?!" Maverick exclaims at Sylus. "Appears to be long distance guns. The scanner's are reading large. Battleship most likely. Two red targets. Transponders reading..... reading..." Sylus pauses for a time, as Maverick calls out commands to the crew, turning back to Sylus after his orders. "Reading what Sy?!" Questioning with great remark. The Cincinnati moves and pivots. Turns and rolls out of the fire, trying to take as little as possible. Only a few seconds of silence remained in Sylus' mouth, Those seconds seeming like an eternity until he spoke up. "Corsairs."

[Image: screen36_zpsa7aopoun.png]

"Well then." Maverick nods in disbelief. "I guess Hunt got his answer." Get me a comm. See if we can even salvage the base before it's lost for good. Sylus punches some buttons quickly, with help of another crew member, a comm opens and Maverick speaks. Returning with reply from the main Captain of the two Battleships that fired before them.

Maverick is too late to try to salvage anything. More men dying and what was a new home, is now gone. Powerless in a ship with next to no core power available, the captain's refusing to reason, and having little that Maverick could do, Leaves the Revenge behind and makes it away to safety at a rendezvous point at the Freeport of the neighboring system. Amongst the way, the Engines that were just barely holding together, were starting to fail and sputter. The crew worked hard to bring them back to working order so the Cincinnati can make it away. By the time the battle-warn and almost broken Cincinnati had reached the Freeport, The Gunboat Revenge had been waiting for him. Though the Sovereign and the 3 Stork class vessels were nowhere to be found.

At the freeport in orbit were a couple of pilots. Talking amongst themselves. The captain of the Revenge, spots the Cincinnati on Radar and aknowledges the ship as she pulls onto the side, and to a mooring point.

[Image: screen40_zpsxawuwrer.png]

It was short. It was a good plan. But that was the end of Navarro.