Discovery Gaming Community
Infocard/Storyline Development Blog - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+--- Thread: Infocard/Storyline Development Blog (/showthread.php?tid=134038)

Pages: 1 2

Infocard/Storyline Development Blog - LunaticOnTheGrass - 12-19-2015

Going to give this a shot as we approach what will hopefully be the release date for the aptly-named "Holiday Update".

As you may already be aware, this update will focus on changes and additions to Rheinland and the (N)Omicrons. Infocards are basically already done for both Sections to my satisfaction pending a last-minute once-through of everything that's there. I think they've taken Discovery Freelancer's lore to interesting places and I hope you as the community believe the same.

We're hard at work but I wanted to open up the work I've been doing to a bit of transparency and community input/feedback. Right now I need a few things that aren't coming easily to me in the hopes I can add walls of text and code these for the Holiday Release; in order of preference:

- Bar Colony News Stories
. Faction-based
. Individual Systems/Stations
- Bar Rumors
- Bar NPC Names

I don't have a set limit in mind for how many news stories I'll wedge in, but I'd ask that any text you send to me be at least adequately spelling/grammar checked because I'm not going to have the time or patience to sift through them. Send anything you had in mind regarding Rheinland Faction News Stories to be viewed in-game to my Skype at lunaticonthegrass1. You can also send them to @jammi at jammi.13.

DO NOT POST THEM HERE. This thread is for feedback and brainstorming purposes preferably.

Here are some ideas per faction that I came up with while working tonight. If you are an official or unofficial faction leader/member of any of these factions, feel free to voice your feedback of my impressions of their news "tone" here.

- All factions: Reactions to non-factional over-arcing plot points (Such as the Gallic Offensive)

- RFP/RM/Corporate Lawfuls: Deteriorating Munich Situation, Events representing interactions with other Official/Unofficial factions, Planetside/Stationside News

- Unioners (and Junkers?): Successful/Unsuccessful Raids, Black Market Advertisements

- Hessians: Highly Militarized tone; mention of optimistic and possibly exaggerated gains in offensives against Corsairs/Rheinland Lawfuls

- LWB: "Comic Relief", possible uncertainty as to the ultimate direction of the movement, possible tugging of said direction into Unioner, Hessian, Bundschuh spheres of influence

Hope this helps, and the Devs appreciate your patience.

EDIT: We haven't forgotten about Kusari and the Civil War either.

RE: Infocard Development Blog - LunaticOnTheGrass - 12-19-2015

I've received exactly 0 Rumors/News things, guys. I'd like to write as many as I can so there's more context and background to the Discovery World but I also want the community to offer their own feedback and whatnot where able. See the above post for what I'm looking for.

I'm not sure when these things will be added exactly, but this is the general infocard itinerary of what still needs to be written, in order of priority. Without giving too much away, assume that these cards are either being revamped or completely originally done.

Kusari Update:
- One Wilde/Aoi base
- Zoner Freeport base
- New Hogosha base
Hispania Update:
- Two Reapers of Sirius bases; and a trial effort to determine whether they're worth keeping.
- One Cryer Pharmaceuticals base
- Four Wilde bases
Ships / Equipment:
- Unione Corse VHF.
- Unione Corse gunboat engines, and their fake Sirian counterpart.
Bretonia Update:
- 4 Mollys bases
- 2 Crayter bases
- 1 EFL base
- 1 Privateer base
- 1 Nomad base

Liberty Update:
- Plenty for nearly every faction, except Ageira, DSE, and Lane Hackers (Presently)

RE: Infocard Development Blog - LunaticOnTheGrass - 01-05-2016

Aside from all this, another pet project that I hope to work on in an indeterminate amount of time is a set of unique infocards and descriptions for every primary gun/turret in the game - Descriptions more in keeping with secondary weps like the lawful/unlawful SNACs and stuff like that. Stay tuned.

RE: Infocard Development Blog - LunaticOnTheGrass - 05-23-2016

Thank you for staying tuned; 4.88.6 is to focus on updating the infocards, layouts, and plot-arcs of Bretonia and Liberty primarily. As Bretonia's infocards have either already been completed or claimed, I wanted to update the community on what's currently outlined for Liberty;

- One Nomad base (check/revise)
- One LSF base (new)
- One LR base (new), three LR bases (check/revise - deguard), one LR base (check/revise), one LR base (addendum)
- One Junker base (check/revise), two Junker bases (check/revise - deguard), existing PR solars (check/revise - deguard)
- Two LPI bases (new)
- One Liberty Lawful minefield (check/revise - deguard)
- One Wild (D9) base (new)
- One LN base (addendum), one LN base (new), existing VA solars (check/revise - deguard)
- Two USI bases (new)
- One BHG base (new)

Additionally with the "team" being larger, I'm going to be attempting to task people on updating the in-game roleplay backgrounds of Discovery; the Bar News/Rumors and updated, non-generic descriptions for the weaponry employed by various factions. Hopefully these will help to flesh out the in-game events and grant a larger feeling of "feedback" in relation to what official factions (and the Freelancers they employ!) plan and perform.

I'd like any Official Leaders interested to PM me a summary of what you'd like accomplished in the overall storyline by 4.89; I can't promise to accomodate everything, but I'd welcome critique and feedback eagerly.

RE: Infocard/Storyline Development Blog - The Lane Hackers - 05-28-2016

Hello there,

The Lane Hackers are negatively surprised that there is no single mention of us in the upcoming update, probably the first of this decade. The storyline and faction development of the Lane Hackers remains stagnant for many years now. Unlike others, we elected not to interfere with the dev team, not to bother them with our requests as we expected they had their own plans about Liberty's development. We were wrong.

I would like to ask you to point us to the devs responsible for the storyline development of Liberty. Thank you.

RE: Infocard/Storyline Development Blog - LunaticOnTheGrass - 05-28-2016

Feel free to PM me on Skype on that matter; I have some ideas in mind, but I would like to privately hear about what you've been working towards as of late to see if we can branch off of that.

RE: Infocard Development Blog - WesternPeregrine - 08-29-2016

(05-23-2016, 08:13 PM)LunaticOnTheGrass Wrote: Thank you for staying tuned; 4.88.6 is to focus on updating the infocards, layouts, and plot-arcs of Bretonia and Liberty primarily. As Bretonia's infocards have either already been completed or claimed, I wanted to update the community on what's currently outlined for Liberty;

- One Nomad base (check/revise)
- One LSF base (new)
- One LR base (new), three LR bases (check/revise - deguard), one LR base (check/revise), one LR base (addendum)
- One Junker base (check/revise), two Junker bases (check/revise - deguard), existing PR solars (check/revise - deguard)
- Two LPI bases (new)
- One Liberty Lawful minefield (check/revise - deguard)
- One Wild (D9) base (new)
- One LN base (addendum), one LN base (new), existing VA solars (check/revise - deguard)
- Two USI bases (new)
- One BHG base (new)

Additionally with the "team" being larger, I'm going to be attempting to task people on updating the in-game roleplay backgrounds of Discovery; the Bar News/Rumors and updated, non-generic descriptions for the weaponry employed by various factions. Hopefully these will help to flesh out the in-game events and grant a larger feeling of "feedback" in relation to what official factions (and the Freelancers they employ!) plan and perform.

I'd like any Official Leaders interested to PM me a summary of what you'd like accomplished in the overall storyline by 4.89; I can't promise to accomodate everything, but I'd welcome critique and feedback eagerly.

What is the development status of this phase?

RE: Infocard/Storyline Development Blog - Teerin - 08-30-2016

Lunatic is currently away. Please leave a message at the sound of the tone. <beeeeeep>

The infocards are mostly done, bar/rumors are being slowly worked on, and we have compiled a list of faction leaders that we are going to approach regarding advice for planned changes for 4.89, however only a few have recently taken the initiative to approach us first, that I am presently aware of.

RE: Infocard/Storyline Development Blog - Stoner_Steve - 08-30-2016

One is Orbital Spa and Cruise right? if not I want on that list please and thank you Big Grin

RE: Infocard/Storyline Development Blog - Wesker - 08-30-2016

What are the updates for the Core info cards? According to my HC sources we haven't received the necessary changes.