Discovery Gaming Community
Ship Restarts - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Ship Restarts (/showthread.php?tid=134123)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Ship Restarts - Remnant - 12-21-2015

Hey there folks, as a few of you are probably painfully aware of at this point, the restart commands ingame are probably a bit out of date.
They're many mod versions old, and a few of them are a pain in the butt to deal with at this point when you're trying to create a ship with a proper reputation to get to where you want it to be.

Putting this out right now, I only have a faint idea of what needs fixed. Sure, I fly around myself quite often, but it's not terribly often I use the restart commands. You guys, as the community, I can guarantee have a much, much better understanding of what needs patched up.

In light of this aspect, i'd like to ask you all for a little help. I've put together a google forms page, which will let you folks suggest changes for each of the restarts.

Suggestions by other people 'should' be public, so you'll be able to see what other people are thinking. If there's a disagreement, it should be generally easy to work out onto what actually makes sense.

Making restarts OP isn't the plan folks. Lets design accordingly!

- I'll make this more pretty later.

For uniformity, please use this list to describe diplomatic relations. Post with both name and number
Allied +.9
Allied +.7
Friendly +.55
Cordial +.3
Neutral 0.0
Suspicious -.3
Unfriendly -.55
Hostile -.7
Belligerent -.9

RE: Ship Restarts - Lythrilux - 12-21-2015

Can we suggest new restarts?

RE: Ship Restarts - The Savage - 12-21-2015

Stupid question, but can I make a suggestion regarding certain group of restarts? Or it is about exact restart only?

RE: Ship Restarts - Remnant - 12-21-2015

@Lythrilux Sure, you can request new restarts. We're not going to put them in if they're redundant though. If there legitimately should be another though, that's alright.

@"FluffReborn" I'd prefer it be exact restart only, since I have to go through and manually set up template ships for each one. Groups of restarts will really only make it confusing for me when I actually put these in.

RE: Ship Restarts - Cursetantine - 12-21-2015

What is meant in the question "What should it have?" isn't all restarts with Stargazer? Or will this change?

edit: Yeah, you meant known systems / rep etc. I'm dumb.

I made a list of what you could include in the example on the page... - KingBoo

RE: Ship Restarts - HuggieSunrise - 12-21-2015

make the junker restart a gitano instead of a civ shuttle? too much money? i was thinking something with a little scrap harvesting bonus to help start new scrappers.

RE: Ship Restarts - Remnant - 12-21-2015

@HuggieSunrise To prevent farming the starting ships, we're not going to change the ship you spawn with from what they are now. Beginners are more than free to use the /restart beginner template, to get a mining start, in a new-player friendly system.

RE: Ship Restarts - Thyrzul - 12-21-2015

(12-21-2015, 10:36 PM)King Boo Wrote: @HuggieSunrise To prevent farming the starting ships, we're not going to change the ship you spawn with from what they are now. Beginners are more than free to use the /restart beginner template, to get a mining start, in a new-player friendly system.

Can't even ask for starting ship to be replaced by Sunbuster? As far as I know it's price is balanced to it being a restart ship in order to prevent farming.

RE: Ship Restarts - The Savage - 12-21-2015

(12-21-2015, 10:53 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: Can't even ask for starting ship to be replaced by Sunbuster? As far as I know it's price is balanced to it being a restart ship in order to prevent farming.

That's a really good idea! Instead of /restart beginner command, let's make that restart a default one. It makes sense, since we have all other restarts.

RE: Ship Restarts - Thyrzul - 12-21-2015

I meant for the replacement of the starting ship of any other restart.