Discovery Gaming Community
Impossible demands? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Impossible demands? (/showthread.php?tid=134411)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Impossible demands? - The Savage - 12-30-2015

There's a quite legit question:

Most of unlawful IDs allow demand on cargo and credits. However, is asking to drop shield or remove mounted equipment then engagement if player refuses to fulfill such a demand, allowed by server rules? Is that even a proper demand?

RE: Impossible demands. - Neonzumi - 12-30-2015

Removing mounted equipment is impossible in space so I dont think so.
But droping your shield can be done via. a command, so its a legitimate demand. |8

RE: Impossible demands. - Mao - 12-30-2015

You need to be docked in order to remove mounted equipment so asking for that would be an abuse. Turning off your shield is legit as it can be done and can also be justified in RP.

Edit: ninja'd Sad

RE: Impossible demands. - The Savage - 12-30-2015

(12-30-2015, 11:38 PM)NeonBunny™ Wrote: Removing mounted equipment is impossible in space so I dont think so.
But droping your shield can be done via. a command, so its a legitimate demand. |8

Quote from certain ID:
- Can demand cargo and credits from any ship within their Zone of Influence, and attack them if they do not comply.

RE: Impossible demands. - Kauket - 12-30-2015

(12-30-2015, 11:38 PM)NeonBunny™ Wrote: Removing mounted equipment is impossible in space so I dont think so.
Except you can. You can shoot off EXTERNAL equipment, but not INTERNAL ones.

(12-30-2015, 11:40 PM)FluffReborn Wrote:

Quote from certain ID:
- Can demand cargo and credits from any ship within their Zone of Influence, and attack them if they do not comply.

And yet all these years Traders were forced to do barrel rolls by Pirates as a demand. You can taste the sarcasm of that sentence right?

(12-30-2015, 11:41 PM)Nyx Wrote:

He said "REMOVE", shooting off equipment is also legit as a demand. xd

RE: Impossible demands. - Mao - 12-30-2015

I'd like to see you shooting your own equipment off your ship when a pirate demands that ^_^

RE: Impossible demands. - Shiki - 12-30-2015

Well I guess unlawful can demand to turn off your shield (which makes fast with one command) and shot off your guns.

RE: Impossible demands. - The Savage - 12-30-2015

(12-30-2015, 11:41 PM)Nyx Wrote:

But doesn't shooting at the player ship count as engagement? An engagement cannot be done without proper demand?

I'm more pointing out at the fact what if player refuses to drop down the shield, because I'm quite interested into Green's opinion here.