Discovery Gaming Community
Faction Activity: December - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: Faction Activity: December (/showthread.php?tid=134463)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Faction Activity: December - Skorak - 01-01-2016

POBs are usually supplied by one or two people. The whole faction usually doesn't supply it.

The faction activity for most of these groups was bad in the month before that too, I believe.

And if you lacked the members that month... holidays wasn't more than half the month.

Edit: The ID tracker would be perfect and have no downside gameplay wise imo. Some factions could play even better this way.(Intelligence Agencies, Wild, Pirate groups, other people that want to hide, factions no one likes)

RE: Faction Activity: December - Antonio - 01-01-2016

Every official faction can request an ID. The unofficial ones would keep the tag.

RE: Faction Activity: December - Pavel - 01-01-2016

(01-01-2016, 09:14 PM)Skorak Wrote: But can you really seriously consider a faction that has only three members that do stuff, one that should stay active? It is basically taking that slot for another. Unless it is not a big deal to have two factions per ID anymore.

I know Navy has it. But I considered that an exception to the rule.

Nothing changed with that, we can have 2 official factions for the same ID.

(01-01-2016, 09:27 PM)Antonio Wrote: What about doing activity tracking through ID instead of tag?

I'll ask about that.

RE: Faction Activity: December - Miaou - 01-01-2016

(01-01-2016, 09:27 PM)|nfrared Wrote: Ok, so base supplies were disabled, but then the team calls for activity at the same time...? Don't take it personally but considering base supplying makes up a fair amount of faction activity, this makes little real sense.

Factions existed without PoBs. They have for a long time. It's your own fault for basing your activity around one.

I know this isn't really the thread for this type of discussion, but I think the requirements are fine as is.

RE: Faction Activity: December - |nfrared - 01-01-2016

(01-01-2016, 09:54 PM)Miaou Wrote:
(01-01-2016, 09:27 PM)|nfrared Wrote: Ok, so base supplies were disabled, but then the team calls for activity at the same time...? Don't take it personally but considering base supplying makes up a fair amount of faction activity, this makes little real sense.

Factions existed without PoBs. They have for a long time. It's your own fault for basing your activity around one.

LOL. Like I didn't already come to this conclusion and disband the faction. Nice kick in the teeth though, really helpful "Angel" comment there.

RE: Faction Activity: December - Miaou - 01-01-2016

Just because I'm an angel doesn't mean I have to smile widely and agree to everything like a customer service rep. I help newer players and answer questions. It doesn't stop me from stating my opinion on something.

regardless, I'd like to see what the staff comes up with regarding requirements.

RE: Faction Activity: December - latos - 01-31-2016

I find it hilarious how there is so much anger in this thread every month.

Its a monthly thing, you know its coming. If you don't want to suffer the consequences of rules you agreed to when signing up your official faction then just disband it.

You have 30 days to clock 24 hours with a minimum of 5 people.

that's around 16 minutes a day. In my opinion that's too lax. If you can't do 16 minutes a day, or 32 minutes every two days etc, why do you bother at all? A couple of hours at a weekend would even cover it each. So unless you don't play for weeks at a time (which is an inactive member) then there is no excuse.

in the end, you can always be a non-official faction, There is not much incentive to be an official faction if you don't make the time to Roleplay in game anyway.

If you want more motivation for your members, organize a compelling internal Roleplay for your members to enjoy. This is a Roleplaying server after all.

The Mods and the Admins need to start showing some unity too. You're on the same side of keeping us peasants inline. Getting tired of seeing this crap all over this forum every day, it's awful.

Just my two cents,
Kaido

RE: Faction Activity: December - Loki557 - 02-01-2016

(01-31-2016, 11:44 PM)latos Wrote: The Mods and the Admins need to start showing some unity too. You're on the same side of keeping us peasants inline. Getting tired of seeing this crap all over this forum every day, it's awful.

Admins/Mods are part of the community, a community that does not always see eye to eye of a lot of issues. No need for them to hold back on voicing their opinions like the rest of the community.