Discovery Gaming Community
Signature length - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Signature length (/showthread.php?tid=1345)

Pages: 1 2 3

Signature length - Igiss - 08-04-2006

I'm afraid I'll have to limit signature size for all forum members. Many sigs are too image-intensive and too long. It's no good when sigs start taking more thread space then actual posts.

Since now, maximum allowed length of signature is 14 standard text lines, including images. Max allowed size of all images is 250 px high and 700 px wide.

For reference:

Signature line 1
Signature line 2
Signature line 3
Signature line 4
Signature line 5
Signature line 6
Signature line 7
Signature line 8
Signature line 9
Signature line 10
Signature line 11
Signature line 12
Signature line 13
Signature line 14

That's quite a lot, so I still recommend to make it smaller, much smaller... but if you'll exceed this limit, we'll ask you to resize the sig or will do it ourselves.

Signature length - Igiss - 11-13-2007

Time to remind the rule again I suppose?

The signatures that I'm seeing on forums get bigger and bigger. I don't want everyone to count 250 pixels, of course, but it's easily visible when signature is much longer than that.

I'd ask moderators to PM people with signatures too long, and if they don't change them, tell me. I'll edit their sigs myself.

Signature length - Fellow Hoodlum - 09-15-2008

CURRENT RULES

Its been pointed out to us, once again, by the forum owners and administrators, that signature sizes are getting way over recommended sizes once more.
Having signatures bigger than the post content is somewhat annoying at the best of times for all members.
So please check your size, and trim down where necessary. If your signatures start disappearing after a week
or so of this post appearing, then will you know exactly why.
Please note the total recommended size for your banners, 250 by 700, and may I suggest the current trend
for quoting just about anything by other members is trimmed just a little, along with everything else.
In this case, size is important, as use of space can be expensive, and we DO NOT want to have to resort to
advertising to keep these forums going if we run over our allotted usage.
Thanks for your time and understanding in this matter everyone.

Hoodlum

Signature length - Fellow Hoodlum - 09-15-2008

In addition to the above link, which has now been updated, [url=http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=17]THIS ONE[/url] should be read and noted please ...
Especially number: 6

Hoodlum

Signature length - Fellow Hoodlum - 11-03-2008

BUMP

Now it would appear, very few of you are taking any notice of this whatsoever, so if your signature disappears
without warning, you will know exactly why. Unfortunately we do not have the luxury of time to PM everybody
who is over the recommended limit, and it is entirely your responsibility to be aware of these parameters.
Please follow the those recommended limitations in future.

Hoodlum

Signature length - Marburg - 11-20-2008

Alrighty...What we have here is a handy-dandy visual aid that encompasses all of your sig-sizing needs, because now we can clearly see the length as well as the height:D

So, when someone says that the sig size limits are 250x700 it looks just like this:

[Image: SigTemplate.jpg]

Now, just to reiterate Mwerte, go & do!
:cool:

Signature length - Marburg - 05-02-2009

Time for another bump & another reminder so we are all clear.

It is everyone's responsibility to make sure their sig size does not exceed 700x250.

to reiterate what hoodlum said 3 posts above: if your signature disappears without warning, you will know exactly why. Unfortunately we do not have the luxury of time to PM everybody who is over the recommended limit, and it is entirely your responsibility to be aware of these parameters. Please follow the those recommended limitations in future.

Now, I get alot of guff from many people at many times when I nerf a signature for minor overages with the general argument that it's only minor & that I should cut slack, well if I cut slack for one, I would have to cut slack for all...& that isn't going to happen because 30px here, 19px there ect add up to a HUGE number on the whole of the forums. I have a habit of warning newer forum members of the limits & give them time to fix it, but I can, do, & will continue to remove oversize sigs from forum veterans on sight because veterans cannot claim ignorance as a defense. & any complaining about it is a waste of time.

Everyone stop what you're doing right now & measure your sig. if it's over the limit, fix it- because if you don't, you have no platform to complain from if I or one of the other admins or moderators get rid of it without warning.

Again, it's all about personal responsibility, people.

Signature length - Agmen of Eladesor - 10-17-2009

We haven't had much issue with this for quite some time. But now we're seeing signature creep again.

Text AND pictures have to fit within the box. Thank you for your cooperation.

Signature length - Agmen of Eladesor - 12-18-2009

Any image or animated file in either a signature or avatar is limited to a file size of 1MB. This is to help with downloading and forum access issues for those members who are not on high-speed.

The 1MB limit is in place for all embedded pictures or animated files!
Any posts containing files over 1MB will be removed without warning.

This rule is now known as limiting the Sprolf Bandwagon.

Signature length - mwerte - 12-22-2009

Warnings have ceased. Oversized sigs are now to be shot on sight.