Discovery Gaming Community
Mining profits - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+--- Thread: Mining profits (/showthread.php?tid=134602)

Pages: 1 2

Mining profits - Durandal - 01-04-2016

Where would you like to see mining profits at? They were nerfed way too heavily for what requires a group effort and my initial response was to buff them back up to 800 c/sec on average. However the devteam thought it would be a better idea to ask the community about where they would like to see mining profits at.

This thread is ONLY about the general c/sec income from mining and NOT about mining field location or any other related topic.

RE: Mining profits - Wildkins - 01-04-2016

Can't go into detail on my phone but, as mining will typically require 2 people, it should sit at or perhaps slightly over 800 c/s, as the c/s/person should be roughly equivalent to contraband to remain competitive.

RE: Mining profits - Karst - 01-04-2016

Having them a bit lower than before is not unreasonable, but more importantly they need to be standardized which was not the case before and isn't now.
"Primary and secondary" buyers is nonsense, as this translates to "viable and nonviable" buyers; in some cases this would, with the proposed buyers, eliminate a faction's primary mining commodity (BMM's gold, IMG's Niobium....).

Prices also need to be determined by actual shortest distance, not by the route traders "should" be using. See Uncut Diamonds which were not and are not balanced according to the much shorter jump hole route.

RE: Mining profits - Jack_Henderson - 01-04-2016

Keep it as it was. There is no need in changing it at all.

A group activity always has to be substantially better because groups always mean delays, waiting, in-efficiencies... and it still has to pay, even if you have to wait for 10 minute because you do not have a miner and your transport is already full.

(01-04-2016, 04:13 PM)Karst Wrote:
"Primary and secondary" buyers is nonsense, as this translates to "viable and nonviable" buyers; in some cases this would, with the proposed buyers, eliminate a faction's primary mining commodity (BMM's gold, IMG's Niobium....).

Prices also need to be determined by actual shortest distance, not by the route traders "should" be using. See Uncut Diamonds which were not and are not balanced according to the much shorter jump hole route.

And what Karst wrote.

RE: Mining profits - Laura C. - 01-04-2016

It would be handy to know what c/sec contraband and legal cargo has to have whole picture. Can anybody provide that?

RE: Mining profits - Skorak - 01-04-2016

I believe it was 250 cr/sec for normal routes and something about 400 cr/sec for contraband.

RE: Mining profits - Biggles - 01-04-2016

Legal cargo ranges from about 240-270 and contraband from 300-400 as far as I am aware.

RE: Mining profits - Thyrzul - 01-04-2016

Legal cargo is usually up to ~250 with some exceptions reaching up to around ~275, like some stuff to the freighter dock point on Leeds. Contraband nears ~300 but I haven't seen any getting as high as ~350-400 (mind I don't know artifact profits for example, but I'm aware of cardamine and gallic fugitive route profits).

I am also unsure about what the profit margin for ores was before, but 800 c/s sounds neat, 1200 sounds very neat, what's sure is that i wouldn't go above that.

RE: Mining profits - Auriec - 01-04-2016

I personally liked my initial proposal of 600 c/s, making it ~50% more profitable than contraband. 800 c/s puts the prices on current and higher level (depending on the ore) which is quite much (credits rate of 182 million per hour on a 5k transport).

The other side of the coin would be an extreme profit and risk commodity with the sources and destinations now changed.

RE: Mining profits - jammi - 01-04-2016

Just to set the record straight:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfTQ0iZFK50jScTl-CbgJXN5t_6AKf7hYa1Go-0u77I/edit#gid=0

They're the current/previous ore rates. Majority of them were between 800 and 1,200c/s (with a few lowballed non-viable anomalies). Well, other than Uncut Diamonds to Waterloo which was a hilariously broken 1,500c/s (and is equally hilariously still broken in comparison to the rest of the new proposed prices).