Discovery Gaming Community
POB supply changes incoming - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+--- Thread: POB supply changes incoming (/showthread.php?tid=134723)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

POB supply changes incoming - Xoria - 01-07-2016

Due to ongoing system layout and base location changes, debugging has become a nightmare for commodities like Food Rations and Consumer Goods which are locally sourced in all 5 Houses and are priced to nearly every base. I have already split Consumer Goods into separate commodities, which will eliminate future debugging problems. Food Rations will be getting the same treatment. This affects POBs because the bases must be "fed" to remain functional.

In Kusari, the Taus, the Sigmas, and Outcast controlled Omicrons, POBs will soon be supplied most cheaply with Kyushu Rice, which will be Kusari's primary food product.

In Rheinland, POBs should be supplied with Synth Paste.

Food Rations will no longer be available for resale in those areas.

Liberty, Bretonia, Gallia, Omegas, and "lower" Omicrons will continue to have the same local sources of Food Rations as they do now.

You can, in fact, begin implementing this change now, as POBs already consume Kyushu Rice and Synth Paste as "food" for the Crew onboard.

So, if after a future update you no longer find Food Rations when you attempt to resupply your base, look for one of these other food types at your usual resupply location. Prices will change somewhat but I will attempt to keep resale availability of these commodities the same. I cannot guarantee that all bases will retain their current food resales, but if not there should be a location within the same system.

RE: POB supply changes incoming - Laz - 01-07-2016

This is a good and well thought decision. Others might not agree but i do Tongue
Good work.

P.S. Please update the POB Brain.
Needs new things like transport cloak and Cloak disrupter and stuff.

RE: POB supply changes incoming - Bauxite Minerial Extraction - 01-07-2016

thy for this update,

but will there be new salepoints ? or does a base owner from Sigma 17 now has to go the incredible long way (5 Systems) to kuyushu ? what do factions say about transporting goods like these across their systems (like kusari police, etc.) ? licence needed ?
will the stuff stored at a pob automatically turned into rice for example ?

some more details please

RE: POB supply changes incoming - evanz - 01-07-2016

good idea

what about pob in independant worlds (kepler for example) still food rations? or as its also close to kusari space, rice?

RE: POB supply changes incoming - Alley - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 07:26 PM)evanz Wrote: good idea

what about pob in independant worlds (kepler for example) still food rations? or as its also close to kusari space, rice?

It's just additional food source possibilities, what you actually bring is up to you.

RE: POB supply changes incoming - Lythrilux - 01-07-2016

Perhaps Sunbucks/Donuts could be the food commodity for Liberty? (sun)

RE: POB supply changes incoming - Karst - 01-07-2016

Neat, I suppose.

Speaking of consumer goods and POBs though, I wish bases consumed them instead of oxygen and water, which can be recycled efficiently even on 20th century space stations. Probably a lot harder to reuse toilet paper and shot glasses even in the future.

RE: POB supply changes incoming - The.Outlaw.Star - 01-07-2016

Lets say i have a base in the Omegas but wish to supply it with Rice and paste. Will it be able to consume these food products and maintain a healthy status?

RE: POB supply changes incoming - Alley - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 10:11 PM)The.Outlaw.Star Wrote: Lets say i have a base in the Omegas but wish to supply it with Rice and paste. Will it be able to consume these food products and maintain a healthy status?

(01-07-2016, 07:28 PM)Alley Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 07:26 PM)evanz Wrote: good idea

It's just additional food source possibilities, what you actually bring is up to you.

RE: POB supply changes incoming - Xoria - 01-07-2016

First of all, reread the first post, because I see a lot of assumptions and questions about issues I did not bring up.

Here is the current list of POB food consumption:
base_crew_food_item = commodity_food, 1
base_crew_food_item = commodity_luxury_food, 1
base_crew_food_item = commodity_rice, 1
base_crew_food_item = commodity_gaianlife, 1
base_crew_food_item = commodity_synthpaste, 1

The ONLY changes are adding two more food types to that list: commodity_food_br, and commodity_food_ga which will be sourced from the current locations in Bretonia and Gallia; the other change is that Kusari and Rheinland will no longer sell any food rations (commodity_food). Kusari and Rheinland will only sell Kyushu Rice and Synth Paste. Every POB will consume any and all food types you supply it with. You should be able to get food supplies from the same locations you get them from now. If you can't find anything on the list at that location, check nearby bases, but I will be attempting to maintain all current food resupply points.