Discovery Gaming Community
Salutations - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Salutations (/showthread.php?tid=13474)

Pages: 1 2

Salutations - guitarguy - 11-02-2008

Hello, pilots of Sirius. This is my first post on the site, and I wanted to say "Hi" to you all and introduce myself. You'll see me as Darth_Chernobyl in-game, but my RP name is Marcus Whitman. I'm currently a freelancer (with ID) flying a Viper MK II and I'm friendly with legal factions and businesses, as well as Corsairs, and their allies. I haven't created a profile until recently on this site, but I've been reading the info about rules and RP so I'm pretty familiar with the rules and regulations. I do, however, have a few questions.

1) Under everyone's name in their posts, it displays some dots or Xs and then says the sort of ship they have. (Battleship Captain, Valkyrie Pilot, ect.) What do the dots and Xs mean and how do I accurately represent the ship I'm flying, or am I reading it wrong?

2) My freelancer ID says I can command a gunboat. Obviously I'm not getting a house ship like a Rhineland or Liberty gunboat, and I'll have to have a excellent explanation for the ship no matter what I get, but what can a freelancer fly within possibility? (This question's not that important because I'm about 90% sure I'll never really want to get one.)

Salutations - n00bl3t - 11-02-2008

Welcome, it is good to hear that you have picked an RP name.:)

Make sure you are hostile with OC's on your reputation if you are working for the Corsairs.

It sounds like you are buying a capital ship, which I would steer you away from, considering the community's irrational delusion that they will contribute to the next apocalypse.

If however, you are undeterred, the IMG GB is your best bet at this time. In the next mod however, a Zoner GB should be released.

I would also recommend joining a faction.

On that note, if you need any help feel free to PM me.

Try to have fun.

Salutations - Bjorn - 11-02-2008

Greetings newcomer.

Try to change name to rp name then. It only costs 2 mils, to do it, write in command /renameme NAME

IMG gunboat, known as pancake would be ok. Also, with some roleplay you could pull out house or pirate gunboat too.

Ship and dots under name change with amount of your posts. After 2000 you can set custom name.

Have fun, learn ways of carrot, cabbage and lettuce, dont be afraid of communist penguins, and you will do fine.

Now off with you, go earn some more credits.

Salutations - Dieter Schprokets - 11-02-2008

' Wrote:I would also recommend joining a faction.

What he means by that is that you should join BAF. I'm sure of it.

Salutations - guitarguy - 11-02-2008

' Wrote:What he means by that is that you should join BAF. I'm sure of it.

Make an offer, and I'll consider it.

I've noticed that there are few BAF players, so you guys seem to need some help.

Salutations - n00bl3t - 11-02-2008

' Wrote:What he means by that is that you should join BAF. I'm sure of it.

Well, I actually meant [KNF], but BAF| is a good enough secondary.:P

Salutations - guitarguy - 11-03-2008

' Wrote:Greetings newcomer.

Try to change name to rp name then. It only costs 2 mils, to do it, write in command /renameme NAME

Done

Salutations - Zapp - 11-03-2008

What they meant was join the LWB|:P

Welcome new guy, and read my stories (click the big pic in my sig). They're good, I promise:D

Salutations - Doc Holliday - 11-06-2008

Welcome aboard, Darth. If you need a hand, let me know. I run two Zoner ships and one Mercenary, currently with a Junker IFF although that changes frequently with missions.

Salutations - swift - 11-08-2008

' Wrote:Well, I actually meant [KNF], but BAF| is a good enough secondary.:P

:nono:Nay you're both wrong.. N00bl3t i'm sure you meant CR :D