Discovery Gaming Community
Temporarily unavailable - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Temporarily unavailable (/showthread.php?tid=135268)

Pages: 1 2 3

Temporarily unavailable - Malmsteen - 01-21-2016

It's sad that i have to take my leave now, since i am facing a trouble bigger than my skills and cannot fix it
According to this thread, It seems that my country ISP have some major problems with discovery gc server. I tried my best and my ISP are very poor at help. I will probably change the ISP very soon. I would like to say that discovery gc is one of the best servers i played on for years and it is so sad that only for the past 8 days, i can not log in to the game server without lag exceeding 1200+ and 100% lag. Although i spent years playing on this server without any lag issues, I still cannot figure why just now i can not login properly like before without lag at all.

I will miss you all my friends here
I love you discovery
Farewell Smile

RE: Farewell best server - Alley - 01-21-2016

Why post a leaving notice if you are going to switch ISP soon? It's highly likely to solve the problem you're experiencing.

RE: Farewell best server - evanz - 01-21-2016

agreed keep trying to sort it, its frustrating im sure, but keep trying

RE: Farewell best server - Shiki - 01-21-2016

(01-21-2016, 10:51 PM)Alley Wrote: Why post a leaving notice if you are going to switch ISP soon? It's highly likely to solve the problem you're experiencing.

Because server needs more drama, obviously.

RE: Farewell best server - Jack_Henderson - 01-21-2016

Yep, just retitle it to "Temporarily unavailable".
And goood luck!

RE: Farewell best server - Malmsteen - 01-21-2016

(01-21-2016, 10:51 PM)Alley Wrote: Why post a leaving notice if you are going to switch ISP soon? It's highly likely to solve the problem you're experiencing.

Because of 2 reasons, the 1st is that i don't have enough funding at the moment to switch to another ISP. It takes long time to receive the cancellation number from the ISP so i start contacting another ISP. It's unfortunately a failure routine. The 2nd reason is that i don't think that the ISP change will fix the problem, because it seems that not only me have this problem but others too who are not on the ISP as me, and not even in the same country, also the problem seem to be from the entire country connection to the area where the server is, or maybe wider areas too. It's sad that the ISP services where i live is so poor in technical support leaving me with no choices but to find something else to spend my fun time, at least for the time being since maybe in the future this problem will disappear and my game start working fine like the years i spent here before 8 days ago.
Thank you for your concerns, it's appreciated.

@Shiki - Thank you for you nice comment
@evanz - I will not leave a single chance to use until i can fix this, thanks
@Jack_Henderson - I will change the title as requested, it makes sense, i hope i can come back

RE: Farewell best server - The Blackguard - 01-21-2016

Sad your like the best shop person ever.

-Wrong acc, but still relevant

RE: Temporarily unavailable - Malmsteen - 01-24-2016

Changed ISP and the problem still exist
It's 100% not from my side, specially that i can connect to rest of the servers in the entire universe fine
I think there is no hope Smile , sadly , Farewell discovery.

RE: Sadly Farewell - Findarato Veneanar - 01-24-2016

Don't know why they tried to say it was your connection when it has happened to several people and the desk tool fixed it for a few hours.
Welp, hope you didn't waste too much money on changing your ISP, malm.

RE: Farewell - Maltese Falcon - 01-24-2016

You're a great guy Malm. I hope you get this fixed very soon and we can continue our Researcher roleplay.

@Shiki I don't know why you feel the need to throw negativity Malms way. He's a very nice guy and I've never known him to cause drama