Discovery Gaming Community
Making fights/flying in Gallia more appealing - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Making fights/flying in Gallia more appealing (/showthread.php?tid=135706)

Pages: 1 2

Making fights/flying in Gallia more appealing - Wesker - 02-04-2016

Something that's crossed my mind every now and then. Gorgeous systems like burgundy would be awesome to have fights in. I think maybe increasing the quantity of links from Sirius to parts of Gallia would help. Combined with more appealing trade routes. But these are just brief ideas, discuss.

RE: Making fights/flying in Gallia more appealing - The Savage - 02-04-2016

(02-04-2016, 01:31 PM)Wesker Wrote: I think maybe increasing the quantity of links from Sirius to parts of Gallia would help.

Gallia and Sirius already have three (even four) connections! What the hell, Wesker?

RE: Making fights/flying in Gallia more appealing - Dawson Base - 02-04-2016

Making flying in Gallia more appealing would happen if it was located in the Coronado area between Kusari, Liberty and Bretonia. It is a dead end.

RE: Making fights/flying in Gallia more appealing - Wesker - 02-04-2016

(02-04-2016, 01:37 PM)Toris Wrote:
(02-04-2016, 01:31 PM)Wesker Wrote: I think maybe increasing the quantity of links from Sirius to parts of Gallia would help.

Gallia and Sirius already have three (even four) connections! What the hell, Wesker?

Issue is that they don't link to appealing parts of Gallia. Or are very far from where any action/interaction would seem to take place.

RE: Making fights/flying in Gallia more appealing - Laura C. - 02-04-2016

(02-04-2016, 01:31 PM)Wesker Wrote: Something that's crossed my mind every now and then. Gorgeous systems like burgundy would be awesome to have fights in. I think maybe increasing the quantity of links from Sirius to parts of Gallia would help. Combined with more appealing trade routes. But these are just brief ideas, discuss.
So Hessians and RM should go have fight in Gallia?

By the way the size of the playerbase won´t change by this, so when you move people from some area to Gallia, it will be on the expense of activity in that area. No thanks, some Sirian houses have problems with activity already.

Wanna have fights in awesome system? Replace Connectitut system model with Burgundy, problem solved Smile

RE: Making fights/flying in Gallia more appealing - Epo - 02-04-2016

Well, if gallia had most profitable routes inside it would trigger more traders to this part of Sirius. More traders = more pirates = more lawfuls appearing. Maybe an (in)active Nomad lair somewhere there would be a cool idea as well. Nomads in Gallia are thing to happen.
Otherwise add another 'new' faction in a 'new' area which will be at war with Gallia. Problem solved, we just need some new shippies

RE: Making fights/flying in Gallia more appealing - SnakeLancerHaven - 02-04-2016

Or maybe a Hypergate at the Core Gallic systems that jump into that system which Contains Shrine so people can go back via Pennsylvania or something. At least like that I'd actually care moving up to Gallia, because then I'd have an option to jump back into Sirius amirite?

RE: Making fights/flying in Gallia more appealing - Wesker - 02-04-2016

(02-04-2016, 01:56 PM)Laura C. Wrote:
(02-04-2016, 01:31 PM)Wesker Wrote: Something that's crossed my mind every now and then. Gorgeous systems like burgundy would be awesome to have fights in. I think maybe increasing the quantity of links from Sirius to parts of Gallia would help. Combined with more appealing trade routes. But these are just brief ideas, discuss.
So Hessians and RM should go have fight in Gallia?

By the way the size of the playerbase won´t change by this, so when you move people from some area to Gallia, it will be on the expense of activity in that area. No thanks, some Sirian houses have problems with activity already.

Wanna have fights in awesome system? Replace Connectitut system model with Burgundy, problem solved Smile

Wow hostility.

I wasn't implying RHA and RM should go there. But if it wasn't clear sorry. Just for Gallic factions. I see your point with activity though. Maybe in the future then.

RE: Making fights/flying in Gallia more appealing - Laura C. - 02-04-2016

(02-04-2016, 02:00 PM)Epo Wrote: Well, if gallia had most profitable routes inside it would trigger more traders to this part of Sirius. More traders = more pirates = more lawfuls appearing. Maybe an (in)active Nomad lair somewhere there would be a cool idea as well. Nomads in Gallia are thing to happen.
Otherwise add another 'new' faction in a 'new' area which will be at war with Gallia. Problem solved, we just need some new shippies
It was proved in past this won´t work. There were good routes, but result were only powertraders silently making money without being harrassed. But even if you would buff Gallia routes/nerf others, you will end with what I said. Gallia would just simply suck activity from elsewhere, not create more of it on its own.

(02-04-2016, 02:00 PM)Epo Wrote: Otherwise add another 'new' faction in a 'new' area which will be at war with Gallia. Problem solved, we just need some new shippies
You can ask Council how this work. You can´t ask any unlawfuls because they practically don´t exist. Do you think that addition of new faction will change that?

(02-04-2016, 02:01 PM)Wesker Wrote: Wow hostility.
Not really. But in my opinion people tend to forget that activity/playerbase in Disco is quite steady pool. Yes, you can make waves, but they won´t stay for long. So every time I see threads like this, then I see attempts to move player activity from regions which already fight with problems, into region which is dead for long time (activity there wasn´t really strong even in times of 150+ players online). If we will ever make Gallia busy, it will very likely cause another region to be as dead as Gallia is now. Discovery playerbase is simply not big enough to support activity in like eight regions (five houses, Omegas, Omicrons, Taus) at the same time. Especially when 30 % of it happens in Liberty and that very likely won´t change because it´s in center and it´s newbie starting region.

RE: Making fights/flying in Gallia more appealing - Antonio - 02-04-2016

The problem with fights in Gallia is that not many IDs have ZoI there, and from the ones that do 80% are dead.