Discovery Gaming Community
Mactan Network - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Mactan Network (/showthread.php?tid=135890)

Pages: 1 2

Mactan Network - Querious - 02-09-2016

Check it out before replying, please. (Next to online navmap link)

Anyway, any of you thinking that this would be useful for every faction?

I think that this would be INCREDIBLY useful for new players if every faction had something like this.

Just a thought, though.

RE: Mactan Network - Corile - 02-09-2016

Coding a site is hard and not something you can do over the evening. I don't know how complex the LH~ site is (I didn't look much into the code, I know it's made on Bootstrap and that's about it) but something like the site I made for Wisp has already taken more than 20 hours of coding in total (for someone relatively inexperenced in webdesign), and is way poorer in features than the LH~ site.

So this is rather unrealistic.

RE: Mactan Network - Xoria - 02-09-2016

It's worth noting that the reason the Mactan Network has been given such visibility is because the tools under the "Counterfeit Software" menu at the top of the page are openly available for anyone here to use, and are valuable tools.
  • The Compatibility Calculator shows the practical effects of the official Tech Chart for ships/ID/weapons.
  • The Transponder Spoofer shows the reputation adjustments between factions.
  • The Transmission Cipher allows for encoded messages to be used.

The website has indeed been coded at the expense of great amounts of time and effort, and requires real cash to host, all of which have been donated by Nicole Hunter up to this point. Both former Professor Hunter and The Lane Hackers faction are happy to make these tools available to the entire community. You can find the link at the top of the forum under the Player Utilities drop down menu.

RE: Mactan Network - Corile - 02-09-2016

Speaking of.

I was always curious how that magical USI the LH~ use and showed screens from time to time works. Does it actually pull data from the server or is it just manual logging of all the interesting targets?

RE: Mactan Network - Xoria - 02-10-2016

(02-09-2016, 07:03 PM)Protégé Wrote: Speaking of.

I was always curious how that magical USI the LH~ use and showed screens from time to time works. Does it actually pull data from the server or is it just manual logging of all the interesting targets?
Every target is manually logged. Nothing is directly pulled from the server itself, as we don't have access to that information.

RE: Mactan Network - Querious - 02-10-2016

Thanks for the info, people. Even if there's no way my idea could work, it still helps to have some information on this conveniently located in a discussion thread. My work here is pretty much done, I guess.

RE: Mactan Network - Freeroamer - 04-25-2016

Well i would be great if the scanner function of that site was made open to a few more people...

I've used it I know how it works.

RE: Mactan Network - Hannibal - 04-25-2016

(04-25-2016, 05:12 PM)Freeroamer Wrote: Well i would be great if the scanner function of that site was made open to a few more people...

care to explain of what you are talking about?

RE: Mactan Network - Skorak - 04-25-2016

(04-25-2016, 05:12 PM)Freeroamer Wrote: Well i would be great if the scanner function of that site was made open to a few more people...

I am not in LH~ but I would prefer if it would stay with them only.

RE: Mactan Network - Alley - 04-25-2016

(04-25-2016, 05:43 PM)Skorak Wrote: I am not in LH~ but I would prefer if it would stay with them only.

I can only agree here. This thing is already more than questionable and I rather its usage remains as limited as possible.