Discovery Gaming Community
To: Les Damnes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Les Damnes (/showthread.php?tid=135993)

Pages: 1 2

To: Les Damnes - Isabelle Engler - 02-12-2016

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

...establishing connection...
...encription Code LE-584-kz-v4.7, decoding...
...decoding complete...
...downloading data...
...initilazing message...

Sender: The Witch of Malta.
Recipents: Les Damnes, Gallic Brigands.
Subect: Ships.
Priority: Moderate.

Guten abend, herr or frau,

This channel was given to me by one of the Maltese transport caprains who used to visit Gallic space with Cardamine shipments. So I can not be entirely sure if I'm using the right channel or contact the right people. I was just told that I can contact you using this channel without any specific details. If there is something wrong on this matter, please corrent me.

Now I would like to switch to the main subject. I was quite impressed by performance of your ships in the clashes that I've seen in the Tau systems. And like every child I would like to play with the toys that I like. Exact models that I'm interested in are BGB2008 "Asco" Brigand Gunboat and BFR19 "Courier" Brigand Freighter. I clearly understad that I can't expect for the new or even functional models, however I'm still interested in getting those. Sure thing they are supposed to be repairable, I don't want to buy useless hunk of junk. Speaking of the price, I can propose 20.000.000 Sirian credits, I hope that will be enough.

I have a high hopes on understanding and productive partnership, I will look forward for your response.

The Witch of Malta.
Isabelle Engler

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

RE: To: Les Damnes - Catbert - 02-13-2016

The viewscreen flickers to life, revealing a sturdy dark-haired man in his early thirties. The man hasn't shaved for a while, his has a couple of old scars, and an eyepatch covers his right eye. Apparently the man is on board of some run-down ship, sitting in the pilot's chair. The transmission is occasionally interrupted by static, the interference probably caused by an asteroid field.

Bonjour there. The name's Claude Bertrand. If that's the Brigands you were looking for, you got one. Les Damnés? Oui, I'm one of them. Two shots, and both hit. But let's get to the point. You want to grab yourself a "Courier" and an "Asco", huh? They ain't no toys, but they sure pack a punch. So I see why you want to put your pretty little hands on those babies.

The "Courier" is a pretty common ship, there're plenty of those flying around under Brigand or Corse colors. I suppose you could just buy it from one of those shady guys you'd find at Narbonne or wherever. They usually don't ask many questions, so as long as you don't mess with the local Brigands, you should be fine.

The "Asco", however... Now, let's make this clear: normally you don't just come to the Brigands and ask for an "Asco", they'll laugh in your face and then they'll probably kill you. Those ships are just too rare and valuable to sell to strangers left and right, let alone it's a pain to build them without a dedicated shipyard. But the circumstances I'm aren't normal, so I might as well help you out.

I know from a reliable source that there is an "Asco" hull that's been floating around for years now. It ain't new, it ain't fancy, it doesn't fly... Not yet, anyway. If I had enough people to get it operational, I'd have already claimed it for my fleet. But I might as well take the money you're offering and give you the coordinates.

Word of warning: although I don't give a -a sudden burst of static- about some random people flying around in Brigand ships, others may not be as tolerant. Les Damnés have a simple rules: let live and live, mess with us and die, no matter what ship you fly. Other Brigands might get angry though. Don't tell me I didn't warn you.

The message ends abruptly.

RE: To: Les Damnes - Isabelle Engler - 02-13-2016

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

...decoding complete...
...downloading data...

I'm glad to see that my message have reached the person that can help. I will try to understand the relations between Brigands and the others as well as technology share policy. To be honest I am a bit surprised that normally Brigands can kill a person who asked the about the possability of gunboat purchase. But you know, that's interesting, I would like to have more contacts with you in the future. I've heard that Brigands is the most reasonable of Gallic groups at least this is what Maltese used to say. Anyhow, it looks like I'm not gonna get killed, so I would like to back to our business.

Thing that floating in space for years sounds not that good, at least this is not what I'm expected. It is not like I have much choices, so looks like a deal I guess. It all depends if you can drug it to Tau-23 so I will be actually able to take care of it and try to repair. Otherwise, sadly, I can't do anything about it. In the case if conditions and fee are accepable we can have a deal. In the case if you have counter proposal I'm open for dialog.

The Witch of Malta.
Isabelle Engler

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

RE: To: Les Damnes - Catbert - 02-14-2016

The viewscreen flickers to life again. Claude Bertrand appears in a dimly lit room, now brushed up and looking almost normal, if you don't count the eypatch.

Bonjour again. Guess I should've been more serious, or at least I shouldn't have mentioned the possible extreme outcomes. *he chuckles* It's just that we usually like our Ascos just like we like our money - in our hands. But things get even more complicated, if you consider that every Brigand base is like an independent community. Some of them might be more protective of Brigand tech than others. But lucky for you, it works both ways, so you may find almost every piece of tech if you search for long enough.

And oui, despite all that, we are some of the most reasonable people out there. We aren't as prejudiced as the Royalists, more tolerant than the Council and generally let people go about their business, as long as they don't act like they're running the place.

Now, I know you don't like the fact that the Asco would be second-hand and damaged... But you see, Ascos are built of flotsam, so I guess it's even more convenient for you that way: you get it cheaper, and the flotsam is already arranged in a way to resemble a fully-functional Asco. According to my sources, you just need to repressurize it and fix the power plant to get it flying again. Then you'll have to install shields, better armor plating and weapon systems, if you want to take the ship into battle.

The only problem with the plan is Tau-23. You see, I can only get the ship pressurized and flying, but outfitting it would be up to you. And I sure can't get a shieldless Asco past the guard station and Royal battleships into Tau-23... Not to mention that the IMG and the occasional Colonials might not be happy to see the ship there. Since you're on good terms with les Maltese, I would suggest Berne system instead... I think Sirians call it Omicron-80. The path there isn't monitored as closely, and it's easier to sneak through the mine field there.

An even better option would be you taking that ship in Lorraine system. We've seen an increse in Maltese vessels in the area, especially around the Toul nebula. I think you might find that place secure enough to retrofit the Asco. So, what do you think?

RE: To: Les Damnes - Isabelle Engler - 02-15-2016

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

...decoding complete...
...downloading data...

You don't need to excuse, every group or society have a rights to set their rules. So if you believe that some person deserves death for wrong way of asking then so be it. I saw a lot and it's not really the worst way to deal with strangers. In Sirius we have quite a lot of oranizations that used to have more radical style than Brigands and even Maquis. Sure thing that every single community has it's own specific that has to be respected in the most of the cases. I'm feeling like I need to be even more careful when it comes to Gallics. Sure you are not the aliens and I'm sure we can get close enough if we will continue the dialogue. I'm Rheinlander and integrated in Maltese society, I doubt there is more differences between Rheinlanders and Maltese than between Rheinlanders and Gauls.

I can't say I'm disappointed, I was expected that things will turns in this direction, You said it's repairable and this is only that really matters here. Yes, it will take some time and efforts to bring it back to life on Maltese shipyards, since they always have lack of materials and time, but there is nothing impossible. Anyhow they are in better conditions than Brigands at this point. The thing is, you are way more experienced than me when it comes to sneak moves. At many points Omicron-80 is even better so I'm gladly accepting this offer. I've heard about the jumphole to Lorraine in this system, however I think you are awear that there is a minefield as well, it's up to you if it's worth the risk. Once again I believe you are know better than me how to cross the minefields and how dangerous it can be.

The Witch of Malta.
Isabelle Engler

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

RE: To: Les Damnes - Catbert - 02-17-2016

The viewscreen flickers to life again. This time Claude Bertrand appears to be flying a fighter, a helmet covering most of his face.

Bonjour, mademoiselle. Your present is now where it should be, just waiting for you to claim it. I made sure to hide it away from the prying eyes. Now it's just about me getting paid for having this thing fixed and moved all the way to Berne. Wire the payment to LD|L'Indomptable. I've arranged it so that you'd receive the coordinates of your new toy as soon as the money gets transfered. Then I'll leave the area, and the Asco is all yours.

Oh, and try to stay away from the lower decks, the artificial gravity seems iffy there. And the ship has a nasty habit of banking left from time to time, but I'm sure you'll manage to have it fixed. Also, while we're at it, Les Damnés are always interested in some business opportunities, even if there're so few of us. I'd invite you to our club to celebrate, but... you don't want to know what happed.

Anyway, I'm waiting for that transfer now, but don't take too long, or I'll have to sell this hunk of junk to the highest bidder.

RE: To: Les Damnes - Isabelle Engler - 02-20-2016

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

...decoding complete...
...downloading data...

it's pleasure to work with the serious people, I see that I chose the right. Let me... There you go, some of the Sirian Credits have sent.

[Image: nNsbYyO.jpg?1]

I hope you have to way to convert it.... or you can buy something from Sirians, of course I'm not going to tell you what to do with it. Speaking of your invite, I hope I will find some time to take you a visit. I have a little time, but as I said I'm quite interested in your society and Gallia as the whole. As it appears we can work together and for now in quite efficient way, we can keep it up. And now I believe I can have some coordinates and can call Maltese to take to one of their shipyards, right?

The Witch of Malta.
Isabelle Engler

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

RE: To: Les Damnes - Catbert - 02-20-2016

The viewscreen flickers to life again.

Transfer has been confirmed, and your Asco is waiting for you. I've sent the coordinates as a separate data burst, you should have them in your navigation computer by now.

Sirian Credits might come in handy even in Gallia, so you needn't worry about that part. I'm sure we'll find a way to make the most of it. If you're going to Gallia though, watch out for the Royalists and the rebels, neither of them are quite welcoming of les Maltese. As for the bringands, it depends on whom, where, and when you run into. Some might be more opposed to foreign presence than others.

Also, one more thing... If someone asks, say that you found that wreck somewhere in the Taus yourself. I don't want people calling me and asking questions.

RE: To: Les Damnes - Isabelle Engler - 02-27-2016

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

...decoding complete...
...downloading data...

Yes, I got the co-ordinates, thanks a lot.

Speaking of the visit I don't think I will face any hostility from neither Royalists or rebels, since I'm still the Rheinlander. Yes I have valuable ties with Malta and it's people, but it's not making me Maltese. So, my position is quite comlicate, it has its pros and cons as you may see. You know, I will have some free time to take a visit in Gallia, of course I still have some unfinished business here, but I hope it will not take that long and once I've done we can have a personal meeting, probably. I have a feeling that everything will went smoothly and there be no problems.

And of course I found it somewhere in the Tau asteroids and don't even know your name, that's obvious.

The Witch of Malta.
Isabelle Engler

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

RE: To: Les Damnes - Catbert - 03-11-2016

The viewscreen flickers to life, revealing Claude Bertrand, who is sitting in a dimly-lit living cabin, plenty of which could be found at Brigand bases in Gallia.

Bonjour again. Didn't expect to hear from me again that soon? Well, I'm surprised myself. Straight to business: a... friend of mine has promised one lass to get her out of harm's way. Now, the only safe place for her would be Sirius, and the only place we can get to is Berne, or Omicron-80, as you call it. Now, we could've probably settled at that, but Paul, my friend, is concerned enough to care about what happens to that lass... for whatever reason.

He asked me to ask you if you could look after that lass once l'Indomptable gets her to the Omicrons. I know, it's a weird think to ask for, but I owe Paul that much. Not sure if the Gallic Francs that lass has would be of any use to Sirians, but the members of Unione Corse are usually quite capable individuals.

So, call me back if that lass could be of any use to you. Then we'd just have l'Indomptable meet your ship in Berne for transfer. Otherwise she'll just end up on Malta, and truth to be told, I wouldn't go there without a rebreather at least.