Discovery Gaming Community
Transmission to Junker Congress Representatives, Trafalgar Base - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Transmission to Junker Congress Representatives, Trafalgar Base (/showthread.php?tid=13602)

Transmission to Junker Congress Representatives, Trafalgar Base - Athenian - 11-08-2008

**Incoming Transmission
**CommID: Section Commander - Commerce Control Division
**TargetID: Junker Congress, Trafalgar Base

Might I have a word with one of you chaps? I have something I wish to discuss that concerns you.

Yours,

Chief Constable Roy Brown, Planet Leeds

**Transmission ended

Transmission to Junker Congress Representatives, Trafalgar Base - Hawk - 11-09-2008

****Com ID: Deputy Arbiter Jack Crow.****

Greetings,

How can the Congress be of assistance to you today? We are happy to help in any way we can.

Crow out

****End Transmission****

Transmission to Junker Congress Representatives, Trafalgar Base - Athenian - 11-09-2008

**Incoming Transmission

Right, my good man, I'll get down to brass tacks. We here at the Yard have no idea what you chaps get up to. It was our belief that you were scrap merchants of some sort. Regardless, the Commerce Control Division has a pretty solid fist on determining what flows through Bretonia. With the country at war, we expect certain commodities to generate a sort of, ahem, informal market I suppose you'd call it. But certain materials are damned important.

Now where do you come into this? Well, I have a fair deal of evidence that certain Congress ships have been transporting Plutonium. Now if you chaps inform me that these shipments are being transported to internal destinations, then all and good. But we will need to see manifests confirming the destinations you are transporting to.

Furthermore, some copied vid discs and other copies of counterfeit software among, ahem, other things have been traced to Congress ships. Now I'm sure you chaps have a jolly good explanation for this. These cargoes carry a hefty fine, and a prison sentence, and I'm sure you would hate to see your ships impounded and business brought to a halt.

I'm certain you gents share our concern that the economy remain vital to carry us through this difficult time. It is none of our interests if the Kusari gain an upper hand, or if we win the war only to find everyone reduced to ration books and reliant on the charitable donations of other countries.

Yours,

**Transmission ended

Transmission to Junker Congress Representatives, Trafalgar Base - worldstrider - 11-09-2008

*BEGINTRANS*

Thank you for your concern and while an errant Junker might individually carry a few goods of questionable origin we are a hard working folk only interested in paying the bills.

Note that we have NO bases in Kusari but that we DO have a salvage operation here in Bretonia. It is not in our interests at all to help Kusari in their foolish and unprofitable conflict with you. in fact, we have directed resources away from them so as not to aid them directly.

In the event we have war materials inbound to Bretonian destinations we can alert you--so long as there is no threat of confiscation or fines. As to the software, I will look into that but such things are bootlegged all over and packaged so smartly that we frankly can't always detect what is a legit package and what is not.

Every since the corporations were defeated in the great DRM conflict of 696, that's been a problem. What could we do? Notify us if any deliveries are counterfeit and we'll eliminate the source they were traded from.

I hope this is helpful.

Arbiter Vladimir Tinkerbell

*ENDTRANS*

Transmission to Junker Congress Representatives, Trafalgar Base - Athenian - 11-10-2008

**Incoming Transmission

Well, it's the "errant Junker" who "might individually carry a few goods of questionable origin" that concern us. And while you mightn't be able to distinguish real from counterfeit software, we certainly can.

The outstanding fine of 2 million credits for a consignment of Counterfeit Software should be remitted to the BPA)Anvil at your earliest convenience.

I enclose a copy of the report from our customs officer who noted the infraction.

[Image: screen147qd1.png]

Ignorance is no excuse. For your perusal I enclose a copy of the Bretonian Charter of Interstellar Law.
If we encounter any more of this, or any dabbling in the listed items, you'll be hearing from the Attorney General, the Office of the Revenue Commissioner and the Admiralty.

Shipments of military material to destinations outside Bretonia require a license from the Admiralty and New Scotland Yard. War materials inbound to lawful Bretonian destinations are not subject to confiscation or fines - that means no goods being routed to the Molly separatists, the Gaians or leaving sovereign Bretonian territory via the Taus. Obviously, the slightest hint that you are supplying any Corsairs and there will have to be a re-appraisal of the status quo. On-duty BPA officers will assist you in any way possible within Bretonian space.

I appreciate your prompt response and your willingness to co-operate in this matter.

Yours,

**Transmission ended

Transmission to Junker Congress Representatives, Trafalgar Base - Rudo - 11-10-2008

[attachmentid=5358]
[font=Courier New]COMM ID: Junker Guard Vessel Caveat Emptor
TARGET ID: Const. Brown, Scotland Yard Commerce Control

Salutations;

The captain of the vessel Serpent Liner no longer holds his seat in the Congress. Personal project that he'd failed to tell the Arbiter about that could not be condoned.

I will pay this fine on his behalf. Two million credits is a small price for our continued good relations. I pay because I require continued access to the biotech facilities on Cambridge Research Station.

Falling out of favor with Bretonia would have debilitating effect on our operation. With me, such events may even be fatal. Expect payment on the appropriate channel soon.

Congressman Hannibal Bishop
CO Junker Guard Vessel Caveat Emptor

Transmission to Junker Congress Representatives, Trafalgar Base - worldstrider - 11-11-2008

*UPDATE*

That is correct--Serpent.Liner is no longer affiliated with the Congress and his ship should no longer bear the identification. If I am not mistaken he has since removed it.

As I said, "the errant Junker".

It would also behoove the BPA to adopt a more conciliatory tone towards us if they wish our continued cooperation. We provide you a valuable service already in identifying unaffiliated brigands and spotting things that--frankly--you would never see. In addition, our services have done quite the opposite of harming your war effort.

In future direct your punishments at the offending pilot--not as threats aimed at the Congress and all Junkers.

Transmission to Junker Congress Representatives, Trafalgar Base - Rudo - 11-11-2008

[attachmentid=5360]

[font=Courier New]COMM ID: Junker Guard Vessel Caveat Emptor
TARGET ID: Const. Brown, Scotland Yard Commerce Control

Salutations;

Payment of said fine has been submitted on behalf of the Liner.

In exchange for the promptness of this action, I request prompt response to the request submitted here:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?s=...st&p=408907

Perhaps a portion of the fine submitted toward the licensing fee as well, to cut operating costs and facilitate the efforts of my craft and crew in culling a greater menace than the ones inside your borders?

Congressman Hannibal Bishop
CO Junker Guard Vessel Caveat Emptor

Transmission to Junker Congress Representatives, Trafalgar Base - Athenian - 11-11-2008

**Incoming Transmission

Thank you for your time.

Nomad licensure can be completed quickly and conveniently by submitting the fee of 2 million credits to any BPA officer or via electronic payment to the BPA)Anvil

Yours,

**Transmission ended