Discovery Gaming Community
Getting Random Lag every now and then - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Getting Random Lag every now and then (/showthread.php?tid=136209)

Getting Random Lag every now and then - canadienwolf - 02-17-2016

So i have tried this game on 3 Different PCs now, all having the same lag when i engage NPCs in combat. A few seconds it's fine, then i suddenyl get the yellow connection and NPCs start swirling and jumping everywhere.
Then every now and then in the fight i get the red connection and they just dissappear, after that it can go back to yellow or be okay for up to a whole minute.

Have tried once with Cable Connection and Fiber, once on a different connection and wireless. Still the same problem. I find it a bit weird that it only happens once i start shooting at the NPCs and not before.
When i am trading, jumping through gates, PvPing, this problem does not seem to occur which i find very strange.

on this newest pc i am using:

Intel® Core™ i5-3570k CPU 3,40GHz (4Cpus), -3,4GHz
Graphics Card: Nvidia Gforce GTX 60 Ti
All using Windows 10, although i had the same problem when i had windows 7 also. And yes this computer is copletely formatted. Have also tried without virus program.

Have been wanting to actually do some PvE instead of just trading now for 3 years, and it is starting to frustrate me.

BTW, i have also tried turning all options in performance in Options off or to minimum without it helping.

All help would be appreciated.

RE: Getting Random Lag every now and then - Findarato Veneanar - 02-17-2016

Once you start interacting with npcs or players in combat things do tend to become laggy, it's been like that for years.
I assume it's just how the game is, it's old and the netcode is ancient, i doubt the mod can do much about it.

RE: Getting Random Lag every now and then - canadienwolf - 02-17-2016

So there is no real way to actually fix this on my side ?, if it's my computer which is at fault here ?

RE: Getting Random Lag every now and then - Findarato Veneanar - 02-17-2016

(02-17-2016, 11:48 PM)canadienwolf Wrote: So there is no real way to actually fix this on my side ?, if it's my computer which is at fault here ?

Well, does it only happen in combat with npc's?

But nah, i've also used several different computers in several different locations several hours drive apart and it is just a freelancer thing.

My suggestion, if you really want to keep fighting npcs, it is easier to do with lag in a larger ship that has ts/tz and good shields.

RE: Getting Random Lag every now and then - Internity - 02-17-2016

Have you checked your connection with the ingame command? What does it say? Type "/ping", after 5 mins. Where are you from ? Maybe it's like this because of your location and internet provider. My game is usually running stable with no lags since I started playing here in 2008 and the server location changed two or three times since then.

RE: Getting Random Lag every now and then - canadienwolf - 02-18-2016

Yes, it is only when i start interacting with the NPCs like combat that this starts happening.

Now i have Ping, just floated around a little in space, using gates and such.

1st Fight

74ms
Fluct: 1ms
Loss: 0%

And when i go into combat it can just skyrocket to

Ping: 1000ms
Fluct: 4ms
Loss: 38%

2nd Fight:

Ping: 121ms
Fluct: 47ms
Loss: 0%

And btw i live in Norway

Also tried on the Relaxed PTR Server, had the same problem there too

RE: Getting Random Lag every now and then - Internity - 02-19-2016

Must be something going on with your connection. Discovery FL server is in France as far as I remember. (Staff correct me if I am wrong) Try going at a friend who has a different internet provider. Worth a try...