Discovery Gaming Community
Hand out adaptive nomad weaponry to Freelancers/Pirates? What changed? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Hand out adaptive nomad weaponry to Freelancers/Pirates? What changed? (/showthread.php?tid=136426)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Hand out adaptive nomad weaponry to Freelancers/Pirates? What changed? - SnakeLancerHaven - 02-25-2016

Now I'm sure some of you might've thought about that, yeah right it's a nice perk for intelligence factions I get that. But we all know very few use em realy, so there is no point.

Can we go to old-school freelancer in which back in vanilla, everyone was able to get nom weaps, but what I suggest here is just Pirates/Freelancers those 2 IDs that would be able to get as because Freelancers and Pirates can go everywhere, so it's safe to assume that they also could've been up in the Omicrons and somehow acquired these guns. So add those 2 IDs into the list of "Can use Nomad Adaptive Weaponry". For all I care nerf it to 90% or 75%, but let them use it.

I mean it's just for the sake of being able to use Alien Weaponry, as many say they're bad then let Freelancers and Pirates have it. What you can do is also forbid it in Law, so that in case a Freelancer or a Pirate would use nomad weaponry in a House system or whatever he has to take care of the paper work with the Governments to be approved of using it. Else the Law Enforcers have the ability to attack that person or strap the guns away etc. etc. you know the drill, so its free use without being hunted by the Government or any other Faction would be in the Omicrons/Taus/Omegas or wherever you find it's safer to fly around with those weapons, up to you.

EDIT: Seeing the recent update this thread kinda looks silly now doesn't it

[Image: vphja4R.png]

RE: Hand out adaptive nomad weaponry to Freelancers/Pirates? - Triple Hazard Pay Inc. - 02-25-2016

Do you WANT Core| to mass-murder Freelancers?

EDIT: Aaaaand wrong account. You can guess who it is, though.

RE: Hand out adaptive nomad weaponry to Freelancers/Pirates? - SnakeLancerHaven - 02-25-2016

then Legalize it, if it's realy gonna be a problem. Give Freelancers the oppurtunity to CHOOSE if they want to risk it or not, give that much of freedom to people.

RE: Hand out adaptive nomad weaponry to Freelancers/Pirates? - Sciamach - 02-25-2016

Special things stop being special when everyone has access to them.

RE: Hand out adaptive nomad weaponry to Freelancers/Pirates? - Zephyranthes - 02-25-2016

How would a Freelancer regularly acquire that tech? Any inRP justification may as well just be an SRP.

RE: Hand out adaptive nomad weaponry to Freelancers/Pirates? - Traxit - 02-25-2016

what the hell.

no.

RE: Hand out adaptive nomad weaponry to Freelancers/Pirates? - Lythrilux - 02-25-2016

Noooo.
Random individuals would have no idea how to produce, maintain or even successfully equip such technology. And legalising it just because it's usage becomes popularised would be silly. Lots of people smuggle cardamine, should we legalise that too?

RE: Hand out adaptive nomad weaponry to Freelancers/Pirates? - Sciamach - 02-25-2016

(02-25-2016, 08:26 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: Lots of people smuggle cardamine, should we legalise that too?

[Image: d31.png]

RE: Hand out adaptive nomad weaponry to Freelancers/Pirates? - Sonja - 02-25-2016

Since we're talking about vanilla, do you want everybody to be flying an Eagle with four blasters and two tizzies, which together drain less than 400 energy per second?

Yeah, that would be cool.

Voted no.

Special roleplay requests are over there.

RE: Hand out adaptive nomad weaponry to Freelancers/Pirates? - Venkman - 02-25-2016

I'm gonna quote Skorak: "Nein!"