Discovery Gaming Community
Alley's FLHook Todo List - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod FLHook Projects (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=266)
+----- Thread: Alley's FLHook Todo List (/showthread.php?tid=136436)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Alley's FLHook Todo List - Stone21 - 02-28-2016

(02-28-2016, 05:25 PM)sindroms Wrote:
(02-28-2016, 01:31 PM)Alley Wrote:
(02-28-2016, 12:54 PM)sindroms Wrote: How easy it would be to write a hook that adds cargo and stops adding after X seconds or a certain amount of cargo is reached?

It's maybe 30 mins of work, the real problem is what it's supposed to be and do and defining the constraints.

A equipment slot device called an "automated repair unit" that would add 100 nanobots or batteries or both every one minute after being activated. Could be an interesting little thing to slap onto a battleship, especially if the cargo requirement was big enough not to allow use of a cap6 and up upgrade. A sort of a repair-tank sort of thing.

Not worth the effort, just bring back nanobot and shield batteries transfer. That was the most efficient way to repair your friends' ships. I don't understand why you love to complicate your lives creating something else when we had this method from the original game.

RE: Alley's FLHook Todo List - Connor - 02-28-2016

Do you not remember caps feeding snubs their bots...? Yeah no. Nyx's idea is honestly quite cool and I'd love to see it happen. This could be more of a thing made specifically for Carriers and has an AOE where you heal nearby vessels at the cost of using fuel. That would be cool. Carriers could have some sort of a role.

In order to balance this you could have something like

"If vessels is in the AOE and firing, do not heal. If vessel is in the AOE and not firing, heal."

It could also take up a special equipment slot for carriers as well and a lot of cargo.

RE: Alley's FLHook Todo List - Stone21 - 02-28-2016

(02-28-2016, 05:30 PM)Snoopy Wrote: Do you not remember caps feeding snubs their bots...? Yeah no. Nyx's idea is honestly quite cool and I'd love to see it happen. This could be more of a thing made specifically for Carriers and has an AOE where you heal nearby vessels at the cost of using fuel. That would be cool. Carriers could have some sort of a role.

"If vessels is in the AOE and firing, do not heal. If vessel is in the AOE and not firing, heal."

It could also take up a special equipment slot for carriers as well and a lot of cargo.

I remember all of this , Snoopy and I personally did not mind it as I didn't mind it since 2004 when I started playing this game, on many other servers.

RE: Alley's FLHook Todo List - sindroms - 02-28-2016

(02-28-2016, 05:27 PM)Stone21 Wrote: Not worth the effort [...]

If we started guiding dev work by that sort of approach, Disco would not exist at all, given how the community reacts to changes and additions.

RE: Alley's FLHook Todo List - Epo - 02-28-2016

(02-28-2016, 05:26 PM)Nyx Wrote:
(02-28-2016, 05:25 PM)sindroms Wrote:
(02-28-2016, 01:31 PM)Alley Wrote:
(02-28-2016, 12:54 PM)sindroms Wrote: How easy it would be to write a hook that adds cargo and stops adding after X seconds or a certain amount of cargo is reached?

It's maybe 30 mins of work, the real problem is what it's supposed to be and do and defining the constraints.

A equipment slot device called an "automated repair unit" that would add 100 nanobots or batteries or both every one minute after being activated. Could be an interesting little thing to slap onto a battleship, especially if the cargo requirement was big enough not to allow use of a cap6 and up upgrade. A sort of a repair-tank sort of thing.

Or have an armor upgrade replacement that is a 'nanomolecular' reinforcement armor - less armor multiplier - but has a certain % for regeneration - depending on the type of armor you get.

It could be interesting.

And about the regen trading to be bringed back - No, it's better as it is right now.

RE: Alley's FLHook Todo List - Alley - 04-25-2016

First post updated

RE: Alley's FLHook Todo List - TheFreelancer - 04-25-2016

Nice, Cant wait to see Launcher 2.0 and POB modules!

(02-28-2016, 05:30 PM)Snoopy Wrote: Do you not remember caps feeding snubs their bots...? Yeah no. Nyx's idea is honestly quite cool and I'd love to see it happen. This could be more of a thing made specifically for Carriers and has an AOE where you heal nearby vessels at the cost of using fuel. That would be cool. Carriers could have some sort of a role.

Also, I really like that idea, It could be really really useful after battles to fix up your remaining allies and fight another incoming wave of hostiles, Or before jumping into the unknown!

RE: Alley's FLHook Todo List - Alley - 10-31-2016

Thought I'd let you know I've finished all the optimization and administrative addition backlog. I'll be able to attend new features now. First on the list is bringing back the docking modules with the enhancements discussed long ago.

RE: Alley's FLHook Todo List - Yeggito - 10-31-2016

(sun) (sun) (sun)

RE: Alley's FLHook Todo List - Sombs - 10-31-2016

Coolex!