Discovery Gaming Community
So in the end, Barge / Corvo changes - useful or no? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: So in the end, Barge / Corvo changes - useful or no? (/showthread.php?tid=136525)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

So in the end, Barge / Corvo changes - useful or no? - sindroms - 02-28-2016

Legitimate question, in the end, what was gained with replacing the barge. As it stands, all we got was just yet another ship that nobody uses. The Corvo replacement was also, for more or less, just nerfing an otherwise fun little ship for reasons nobody asked for.

Especially since the idea was to - if it was to be changed at all - to make it into a Raba/Salvager copy, which would have been probably a more fun variant than an essentially nerfed cruiser.

The development team at the time were given many suggestions on how to solve the problem with barges being used as extra POB space or them being used as trade ships - which wasn't in itself a bad thing, mind. The barge could have been a logical next step above the 5ker transport and all it needed was to be given a 80ms cruise speed and around 100 000 armor, so that it could be used only in House space via lanes, but someone somewhere thought that the Bustard was clearly a better idea.

RE: So in the end, Barge / Corvo changes - useful or no? - Xenon - 02-28-2016

I wish barges were not removed ... I wish they were limited to POB business & construction only
It's sad that barges are gone! and replaced by the new ship which i rarely find anyone using.
I voted - Let's hope this topic will survive to achieve any progress.

RE: So in the end, Barge / Corvo changes - useful or no? - DragonRider - 02-28-2016

Introducing a dedicated carrier before the docking modules have actual features and uses was a mistake.
It's like releasing a stealth ship with the stealth hull panels still in construction and still asking $$$ for it.

As for the Bustard's idea in general, no matter what they do with the docking modules, I don't see anything useful coming out of them (no pun intended). The ability to dock on a player ship is made useless by the fact that you cannot fly 10k without bumping into a NPC base. So in my eyes the idea of a carrier is useless.

RE: So in the end, Barge / Corvo changes - useful or no? - Kaghuros - 02-28-2016

I like that they moved the Corvo to GB/Sirius Civilian since it allowed a lot of other people (like myself) to use it in a broader role as a science ship. That said, I think the change was done in a really bad way balance-wise, and I'm not convinced that it should have the stats it does. It's a Cruiser with Gunboat turrets classed as a Gunboat. No stats were changed except the guns and (if I'm not imagining things here) the size was reduced significantly.

RE: So in the end, Barge / Corvo changes - useful or no? - E X O D I T E - 02-28-2016

In all fairness, jumptrading back before the change was somewhat unbalanced in terms of credits per second. Imho, this was necessary and completely justified.

RE: So in the end, Barge / Corvo changes - useful or no? - GamerGirl - 02-28-2016

The removal of the barge was unnecessary, the jumptrading was not possible to do anymore with it but you could still fly the ship like some like me did in the past. Too bad it is gone, it was always a good attraction for activity. The current placeholder "Bustard" is a ship that is almost completely useless compared to other available ships in the game. Weapon range is far too close and you can just get easily killed with it.

RE: So in the end, Barge / Corvo changes - useful or no? - Hannibal - 02-28-2016

Corvo
Implement JD Matrix & Beacon ,Implement Anomalies and Anomaly Scanner
It woul've been positive if it were finished,so far we get gb/cruiser that we can fly in house space while cloaked

Bustard
Docking modules->disabled
Jumpdrive->3,3 cargo limit + 4 system jump range + high cost of fuel and cargo required to transport====>nerfed into oblivion,unless we get what we were told to receive---->Jump fuel batteries that requires no cargo space and can be bought on all bases...
Still..i think it was positive enough for me to not see GMG| jumping fuel with a liberty carrier from okinawa to new london with both lawful and unlawful IDs...the mess it caused by not having civilian alternative that can enter house space was huge to say the least so..the bustard was a good change however since they changed everything else related to it(docking modules,cloaks,jumpdrives) i'm just sitting in a useless ship thinking whether i should sell it now or wait a little longer for the devs(allley) to finish what started..

RE: So in the end, Barge / Corvo changes - useful or no? - nOmnomnOm - 02-28-2016

I like the changes. They just need to fix the docking modules is all.
It is a great ship though and much more useful than what was before when only a few people had badges and abused them.

RE: So in the end, Barge / Corvo changes - useful or no? - Xenon - 02-28-2016

(02-28-2016, 01:57 PM)GamerGirl Wrote: The removal of the barge was unnecessary, the jumptrading was not possible to do anymore with it but you could still fly the ship like some like me did in the past. Too bad it is gone, it was always a good attraction for activity. The current placeholder "Bustard" is a ship that is almost completely useless compared to other available ships in the game. Weapon range is far too close and you can just get easily killed with it.

+1 there

RE: So in the end, Barge / Corvo changes - useful or no? - Epo - 02-28-2016

(02-28-2016, 03:07 PM)Solitaire Metropolis Wrote:
(02-28-2016, 01:57 PM)GamerGirl Wrote: The removal of the barge was unnecessary, the jumptrading was not possible to do anymore with it but you could still fly the ship like some like me did in the past. Too bad it is gone, it was always a good attraction for activity. The current placeholder "Bustard" is a ship that is almost completely useless compared to other available ships in the game. Weapon range is far too close and you can just get easily killed with it.

+1 there

Yep