Discovery Gaming Community
Offical Faction Role Question thing - faction that can construct?? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Offical Faction Role Question thing - faction that can construct?? (/showthread.php?tid=136708)

Pages: 1 2

Offical Faction Role Question thing - faction that can construct?? - nOmnomnOm - 03-05-2016

What official factions would have the experience or the knowledge to act as a contractor or sorts to build or renovate a base?

DHC is unavailable
DSE isn't really of help to me... plus not official anymore.

I am looking through the factions list and they all strike me as transport/shipping factions or mining factions. Are there any factions that have a side-job of construction?

Plz and ty.

RE: Offical Faction Role Question thing - faction that can construct?? - Mephistoles - 03-05-2016

Look as close to the base you want to work on as possible. Just pick one of the nearby corporations. Also be sure to have permission from any faction(s) that control the area. Smile Smile Smile

RE: Offical Faction Role Question thing - faction that can construct?? - Shinju - 03-05-2016

Samura, Kishiro, DHC, DSE, BMM? Dunno about others.

RE: Offical Faction Role Question thing - faction that can construct?? - nOmnomnOm - 03-05-2016

(03-05-2016, 11:45 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: Look as close to the base you want to work on as possible.
what does that even mean

(03-05-2016, 11:45 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: Just pick one of the nearby corporations.
That makes 0 sense.
I want to find a contractor. Not a mining faction that would make up RP to build a base. Not a trading faction that could make up RP to build a base.

(03-05-2016, 11:45 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: Also be sure to have permission from any faction(s) that control the area. [Image: smiling.png] [Image: smiling.png] [Image: smiling.png]
Also makes 0 sense and is not the point of this thread.

So um yeah.

RE: Offical Faction Role Question thing - faction that can construct?? - Laura C. - 03-05-2016

(03-05-2016, 11:33 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: What official factions would have the experience or the knowledge to act as a contractor or sorts to build or renovate a base?

DHC is unavailable
DSE isn't really of help to me... plus not official anymore.

I am looking through the factions list and they all strike me as transport/shipping factions or mining factions. Are there any factions that have a side-job of construction?

Plz and ty.
Look at the list of factions from "who built their bases themselves" perspective. It would be nonsense to assume that all bases in whole Sirirus must have been built by DHC or DSE. For example junkers built their bases themselves/without help of any major "basebuilding" corporation. Same goes for Samura and Kishiro I would say. These three provide enough options for whole Sirius if you can´t use services of DHC and DSE I guess.

RE: Offical Faction Role Question thing - faction that can construct?? - nOmnomnOm - 03-05-2016

(03-05-2016, 11:48 PM)Shinju Wrote: Samura, Kishiro, DHC, DSE, BMM? Dunno about others.

BMM = Bretonia Mining and Manufacturing.
Doesn't seem possible to me. Do they have a wing that would specialize in construction?

Samura and Kishiro seem like a better choice... but I am not exactly sure. Would love to get the offical faction leader in on it to verify or someone who knows about them more...

From samura's information page i can see they have constructed a shipyard... so i guess they can do some things?
From Kishiro it also says they have built something... but that doesnt mean they did it by themselves.... same thing with samura?
Do they have the capabilities to specialize in renovation??? To me it looks like they do not focus on these things. :/

Why is @Pavel away! >.<

RE: Offical Faction Role Question thing - faction that can construct?? - nOmnomnOm - 03-06-2016

(03-05-2016, 11:52 PM)Laura C. Wrote: Look at the list of factions from "who built their bases themselves" perspective. It would be nonsense to assume that all bases in whole Sirirus must have been built by DHC or DSE. For example junkers built their bases themselves/without help of any major "basebuilding" corporation. Same goes for Samura and Kishiro I would say. These three provide enough options for whole Sirius if you can´t use services of DHC and DSE I guess.

I suppose so... but I'd rather think they would be hiring someone else to help design and construct.... *sigh*
I guess... I don't know... :S

RE: Offical Faction Role Question thing - faction that can construct?? - Sabru - 03-06-2016

when in doubt, junkerjunkerjunker?

RE: Offical Faction Role Question thing - faction that can construct?? - Mephistoles - 03-06-2016

(03-05-2016, 11:51 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote:
(03-05-2016, 11:45 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: Look as close to the base you want to work on as possible.
what does that even mean

(03-05-2016, 11:45 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: Just pick one of the nearby corporations.
That makes 0 sense.
I want to find a contractor. Not a mining faction that would make up RP to build a base. Not a trading faction that could make up RP to build a base.

(03-05-2016, 11:45 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: Also be sure to have permission from any faction(s) that control the area. [Image: smiling.png] [Image: smiling.png] [Image: smiling.png]

So um yeah.

Only makes 0 sense if you're dumb as bricks.

RE: Offical Faction Role Question thing - faction that can construct?? - nOmnomnOm - 03-06-2016

(03-06-2016, 12:04 AM)Sabru Wrote: when in doubt, junkerjunkerjunker?

I don't want to default towards the Zonerzonerzoner junkerjunkerjunker path Q.Q
Been there done that. Doesn't work well in my mind.
If forced to I will but... yeah.

(03-06-2016, 12:04 AM)Mephistoles Wrote:
(03-05-2016, 11:51 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote:
what does that even mean

That makes 0 sense.

So um yeah.

Only makes 0 sense if you're dumb as bricks.

Are you mad that i disagreed with you?
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLwut? Big Grin
It's like I am discussing with a 2 year old.