Discovery Gaming Community
The Cochrane Date - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: The Cochrane Date (/showthread.php?tid=136850)

Pages: 1 2

The Cochrane Date - Wolfgang Weisen - 03-10-2016

Wolfgang was sitting on a couch on the backside of Cochrane's bar. He didn't choose to go to the main section of the establishment because Cochrane's bar was famous for the female slaves which were serving as well as the shows they offered, usually naked. He expected his companion won't appreciate that sight, but he grinned at the thought on the occassion that she did.

As a true Rheinlander, he arrived a few minutes before the meeting. While waiting, he looked at the windows of the bar. The view outside was obscured and instead it projected a computer-generated scenery of what a shuttle would see while travelling a few kilometers above Planet Manhattan's surface. Aside from Malta, Wolfgang hadn't landed on a planet for almost a year now and that imagery grabbed his attention as it touched his loneliness.

The Deceiver sighed at that thought and straightened his clothes. He wasn't so obsessed with expensive and luxury clothing as much as his colleagues, but he chose to wear an expensive shirt for this meeting.

RE: The Cochrane Date - James Greed - 03-11-2016

Eight minutes late already. Usually, Kurumi arrived on time, but not this time. Being punctual surely is an important factor. But apparently nobody told the naval forces that she will be having an important meeting. Since shaking off hostiles was never an option, she had to quickly dispose of them. Eight minutes exactly.

The selected location was not much of a surprise. Cochrane's bar seemed a little off for a meeting as such. Especially with those exotic dancers, which Kurumi passed by upon arrival. It didn't take long until she spotted Wolfgang on a couch. She walked over to the man, who was apparently lost in his thoughts.

"I didn't really expect to be invited to a bar with lap dancers. I beg to remark though, some of them even catch my eyes. Even if they are about as entertaining as a Rheinlander comedian."
No introduction, or whatsoever on her side. Her tone did not reveal annoyance, but an eerie calmness.

Opposed to her past self, she was wearing rather simple clothes. A white blouse, an expensive one at that, with black jeans. The gun holster on her side obviously showed that she cared little to nothing about the no weapons policy. As she slowly moved into his field of view, he would notice a red ribbon, decorating her long black hair. Only one of her eyes could be seen, as the other one was covered by her hair. A cold glance of her garnet colored eye is all he got.

RE: The Cochrane Date - Wolfgang Weisen - 03-12-2016

Wolfgang chuckled with Kurumi's responce. He stood up and pulled her seat so that she would be seated without effort. Then he quickly regained his seat and replied as if she didn't just call him a comedian.

"I can't say I am not pleased to hear you appreciate the sight of sensual women. The entertainment business is much stronger here than in Mactan or Leiden."

By entertainment business he obviously meant the female slaves. Wolfgang's face was a map of wounds and scars, most of his eyelids gone and even the sclera of his small eyes was red. He scanned the Kusarian's silhouette and wetted his lips.

"So Ms Kurumi, how are you? I hope your trip to Cochrane was peaceful and easy enough."

RE: The Cochrane Date - James Greed - 03-12-2016

Kurumi takes a seat, showing a faint smile out of courtesy. She just lightly nods in response, as she have probably seen the said slave trade beforehand.

"I had the pleasure to whitness the said business." Her tone clearly indicated that it was far from pleasure. "Then again, I got to wonder, why one would choose this place for a meeting, out of all the places."

The Kusarian on the other hand, had no signs of previous injuries on her skin. Her pale skin was flawless. However, one could easily guess that none were "lucky" enough to get too close to her. Those who did, are either dead, or nowhere to be found.

"Arigato kindly for asking. Asking a certified lunatic about her mood? As always. Wavering, fluctuant. Different each day. I don't think I'll have to explain that any further." Judging from her current, rather cold expression, she wasn't exactly happy. Or was it a mask, which she was hiding behind?

"Surely, it was easy. Peaceful on the other hand... That can't be said. The Navy isn't exactly happy to see a mass murderer flying around. So, they send more people at me to murder." A slight smile curls on her lips. A smile of sadistic satisfaction.

"May I ask the story behind those scars? Was there somebody unlucky enough to etch them into your skin?"

RE: The Cochrane Date - Wolfgang Weisen - 03-13-2016

The Deceiver felt a small tingle of kinship when Kurumi mentioned her sadistic nature. However he quickly dispelled those thoughts from his mind, as he expected to see more before he was sure that it was not just a ruse.

"As you are well aware my dear, cardamine alters our DNA and physical changes occur to our bodies."

Wolfgang's mouth twitched in an angle considered impossible by Kurumi while he paused.

"Usually those changes are minor, but I was not very fortunate in that regard. They told me that my advanced age when I first consumed cardamine might also have played a role... Anyway, most people conduct a face surgery, a simple and quick process."

Wolfgang was 49, only a year ago he first tasted cardamine. He wanted to leave it at that but then he noticed Kurumi's quizzical look and added:

"I don't have a very good relationship with doctors so I refused a surgery, Ms Saeki. Anyway... since you were pouring down your wine last time, why don't you let me pick a drink for you? A promise is a promise..."

RE: The Cochrane Date - James Greed - 03-13-2016

She observed the Rheinlander, as he talked about the origin of his scars. A glint of curiosity could be seen in her eyes, as he did that.

"I could be considered lucky in that regards. Little to nothing have changed on me, and the changes were either beneficial, or way too minor for me to notice. Perks of being a lunatic."

She seemed to pity the Deciever a tiny bit, even if just for a split second. Soon after he mentioned the refusal however, that pity went away, leaving a slight amusement in it's place.

"Some people would cling to their appearance. Such as I do. For you to not do such, is... admirable, to say the least."

She pauses for a while, as he mentions his relationship with doctors.

"Oh? Did you manage to meet some of the experts like I did? The ones who prefer to cut you open, to see what's on the inside?" A vicious smirk can be seen on her face as she continues. ".... I had the luck to gut some of those." If anything, her mood appears to be closer to being friendly, than anything else. She even relaxes a little bit, leaning onto the back-rest of the seat.

"I haven't confirmed, nor denied whether that was wine." She notes with a small smirk. "... I have previously agreed to accept your proposal for a drink. Who am I to break promises?"

"....Feel free to call me Kurumi, simply."

RE: The Cochrane Date - Wolfgang Weisen - 03-14-2016

Following the Kusarian's acceptance, Wolfgang's face formed a smile if one could describe it as such. Then he clicked the order on the pad which was attached to the table while making sure his companion could not see what exactly he pressed.

"I don't think I ever asked you, Kurumi. What's your story? How did you end up with the best of Sirius?"

Wolfgang was referring to the Lane Hackers, his question's tone didn't contain mockery but it was certainly relaxed. Before the Kusarian managed to reply however the drinks had arrived. Kurumi was served a cocktail in turquoise and white colors. A small cherry was attached at the top of the glass.

"This one is called Blue Lagoon, I think it matches you perfectly."

RE: The Cochrane Date - James Greed - 03-14-2016

"Blue Lagoon? What should I expect? A nice cocktail pf narcotics, to knock me out?"

She chuckles softly at her own joke. Then, she tastes the drink, lifting the glass to her lips. "Surely, it tastes rather soft..."

"My story? Which part of it would you like to hear exactly? The part where I was completely delusional, thinking that the Navy had something to do with my parent's death? Well, spoilers, they had nothing to do with it. I did it with my own two hands."

The way she describes the story is very plain. With no emptions, what so ever. Except for the last part, which contained a slight sense of relief. All in all, she seemed to be emotionless about her own history. Even though her past self had a lot of trouble with what she did.

"I was locked up after the murder. In a lunatic asylum. That was my luck, so to say. I escaped, joined the rogues first, just to be able to shoot, or murder people. That's the short version, so to say."

RE: The Cochrane Date - Wolfgang Weisen - 03-16-2016

Wolfgang was pleased that Kurumi accepted the cocktail. He was half-convinced that she would throw it on the bar's floor. Oh how much fun he would have had if she did that.

"Interesting. Colourful past, I like. And how did you jump from the Rogues into the Lane Hackers? I imagine you have a special set of skills which allowed this leap."

When he finished his question, the Deceiver sipped some his vodka and once again he checked out Kurumi, his own perverted thoughts coming up to the surface. He could only restrain his urges just a little longer, and the alcohol made it even more difficult.

RE: The Cochrane Date - James Greed - 03-16-2016

"At first I thought you would be choosing a different drink, but I'm glad you didn't. I don't mind a softer drink once in a while."

A calm smile could be seen on her face, as she slowly crosses her legs, while listening to the Rheinlander.

"If plain red is considered colorful, then surely it is. It was easier to join the Rogues. One could say it was child's play. I didn't do much, besides executing naval officers on sight. Nicole probably enjoyed my way of thinking, or she needed a puppet. Who knows. Sadly for her, I can barely be controlled."

Her grin shifted into a rather displeased grimace, at his last sentence. Thus, his facial expressions were rather easy to read. Her hands slowly sliding down along her sides. Doing nothing as of yet. Her past self would've probably done something foolish by now.