Discovery Gaming Community
Factions that Currently don't have Official Factions - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Factions that Currently don't have Official Factions (/showthread.php?tid=137098)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Factions that Currently don't have Official Factions - Discovery Freelancer Tutorials - 03-16-2016

Want to make your own faction?

Some factions currently don't have official factions. This means that their ability to affect the lore is limited. So in that case, why not join an existing faction, or create a new faction and set it on the path of becoming official? It would be a great benefit to the mod and the community. I've made a list detailing NPC factions that currently don't have official factions. Check Mao's thread to see if they have any currently existing unofficial factions. There are also links to the factions Wiki pages, and any lore pieces they may have done during the period when there was an official faction.

Liberty

Rheinland

Gallia

This list will be updated in accordance to factions going official/unofficial.

However! Don't let this list dictate what faction you want to make. If you want to make a faction that uses an ID that's already got an official faction, don't let that stop you. This list is just an indicator of factions that currently lack official factions, and could benefit from a group of players forming together to get a faction running for officialdom Smile

RE: Factions that Currently don't have Official Factions - t0l - 03-16-2016

Hasn't KPT been replaced by KNI?

RE: Factions that Currently don't have Official Factions - Alley - 03-16-2016

(03-16-2016, 05:57 PM)Tal Wrote: Hasn't KPT been replaced by KNI?

Affirmative. @WPeregrine leads the current unofficial version of the KNI.

RE: Factions that Currently don't have Official Factions - Lythrilux - 03-16-2016

Is the NPC faction considered KNI though? Or is that just the player faction?

RE: Factions that Currently don't have Official Factions - Sabru - 03-16-2016

(03-16-2016, 06:18 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Is the NPC faction considered KNI though? Or is that just the player faction?

KNI is an attempt to get a republican counterpart to KPT in as a full faction. KPT (imperials) currently lacks a faction to represent it.

RE: Factions that Currently don't have Official Factions - Lythrilux - 03-16-2016

Hmm this is confusing. I think I'll just leave it in it's NPC faction form for now until it changes via mod updates (like with what happened to Core and Exiles).

RE: Factions that Currently don't have Official Factions - Alley - 03-16-2016

(03-16-2016, 06:26 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Hmm this is confusing. I think I'll just leave it in it's NPC faction form for now until it changes via mod updates (like with what happened to Core and Exiles).

KNI and KPT are not NPC factions though. They never had NPCs or any IFF representation. They are just sub IDs of respectively KNF and Exiles.

RE: Factions that Currently don't have Official Factions - Ramke - 03-16-2016

KNI uses the KNF ID. KNI is literally just an unofficial KNF faction as it stands at the moment, there's no republican intelligence ID anymore. Kempeitai can still use the KPT ID, and they're Exiles-affiliated now.

I've removed the entry since there's the whole mumbo jumbo over who the ID belongs to. Can someone perhaps make new wiki pages to clear up confusion?

RE: Factions that Currently don't have Official Factions - WesternPeregrine - 03-16-2016

It's still a confusion but it will be cleared up, once the Kusari Update arrives in full force.
[KPT ID will be an imperial aligned ID, and currently without any sort of faction playing it.
KNI is a player project to establish and create a Republican aligned intelligence ID, once the KPT id alternative is gone and Kusari needs such tool.]

Probably the most dramatic storyline change in there, right after Kyushu invasion (already implemented), and Nagano invasion (still not quite there yet).