Discovery Gaming Community
Players Warned: A lot - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Sanctions and Warnings (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: Players Warned: A lot (/showthread.php?tid=137107)

Pages: 1 2

Players Warned: A lot - Arioch - 03-17-2016

.:j:.The.Van.Pelt, Genl_Kuda, A/)-Inanga.1, Lelantos-1, Amy.'Ames'.Cromwell have been warned for:

Quote:9. The character registered on a board must be at least neutral to their employer, and hostile to the faction they are targeting in a bounty. This does not apply to assassination missions where the target is a single character. Board owners are obliged to ensure that the persons they are hiring have a suitable reputation. This means no hiring or paying people who would be hostile to you based on previous actions or non-hostile with the targets they claim.

Consequences:

.:j:.The.Van.Pelt, Genl_Kuda, A/)-Inanga.1, Lelantos-1, Amy.'Ames'.Cromwell - You all were in Inverness trying to claim a bounty on a Junker. One problem with that, you were not hostile to Junkers at this time. Normally that would be grounds for harsher punishment, but we couldn't actually see who engaged who first.

Now, the reason The.Van.Pelt is getting warned here is because you were caught saying "Come at me, come at me Bro" as well as other lines that were goading them into attacking you. Not cool bro.

Take this warning to heart, because next time it won't be a warning.

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban. Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE

RE: Players Warned: A lot - Widow - 03-17-2016

Hello

As faction lead for Congress, can you send me through the evidence for this?

Please, and thank you.

RE: Players Warned: A lot - Vendetta - 03-17-2016

As the guy on Lelantos-1, I'd like to point out that I made it clear I had no intention of getting involved in any bounty claiming or combat while I was there.

Warning noted.

RE: Players Warned: A lot - Widow - 03-17-2016

Evidence received and warning noted.

I'll have a talk to the pilot involved.

Thanks

RE: Players Warned: A lot - Snoozzzer - 03-17-2016

SERIOUSLY?

I mean, are you serious? Because this is literally the admin team saying "You're not roleplaying the way I think you should be roleplaying". I was hurting no-one. I was not goading them into attacking me. I was literally in character the whole time, tired from running blood diamonds, I encountered these guys in inverness and guessed correctly that they were the ones attacking congress ships. So, instead of playing into their games, my character took a few shots, jerked off, and later told them to "Come at me bro".

Seriously? I mean, you guys have falsely sanctioned and warned me so many times. Last was for OORP in private chat. Not threatening OORP, no cursing, no swearing, no reporting, but kidding around OORP in private chat with someone who not once requested that it cease. Which is the rule, has been the rule for a very long time.

This is literally a case of 5-6 guys tried to gank my transport, and I made the best of the situation without needing guns. Stuff like this is exactly why so many great players have left this toxic community

edit: I'm .:j:.The.Van.Pelt

RE: Players Warned: A lot - Arioch - 03-17-2016

There was nothing wrong with your RP. Apologies if what I said made you think so.

The WARNING (Not sanction) was that your RP was saying "Come at me come at me", you referenced masturbating in front of them, and then you REPORTED them when they attacked. Had they all been red to Junkers, then I'd say that's good RP to start a fight, and nothing was wrong. But you reported them right after goading them to come at you. (Btw, goading is defined as this: "provoke or annoy (someone) so as to stimulate some action or reaction" - Which is exactly what your RP was. What did you expect?)

Your screenshot also didn't indicate who shot first, so we only had logs to go off of. A/)-Sapphire.Raven is -.09 to Junkers, so that char was perfectly in their right to attack you and claim the bounty. The others aren't. But if Raven fired on you, you retaliated and starting firing at those others? Perfectly justifiable for them to attack you back. But again, since we don't have screens, and we don't know who fired first, we couldn't do much besides look at logs.

Remember, this was a warning. Not a sanction. There was nothing wrong with your RP had it just been RP. But you RP'd for them to come at you, and when an engagement happened, you reported them (And wrongly reported Raven who actually was Hostile to Junkers).

I hope that clears it up. But hey, if you want to leave because of this "toxic" community, by all means let me know and I will help you out. I suggest you take the warning, and leave it at that.

Just to point out, again, I didnt do any shooting, so I dont know why I was warned.

RE: Players Warned: A lot - Arioch - 03-17-2016

(03-17-2016, 02:18 AM)Vendetta Wrote: As the guy on Lelantos-1, I'd like to point out that I made it clear I had no intention of getting involved in any bounty claiming or combat while I was there.

Warning noted.

Also, thanks for taking the warning, and clarifying. When we don't have any evidence besides logs, the thought was that a general warning would do just as a reminder.

(03-17-2016, 04:32 AM)Drrobe Wrote:
(03-17-2016, 02:18 AM)Vendetta Wrote: As the guy on Lelantos-1, I'd like to point out that I made it clear I had no intention of getting involved in any bounty claiming or combat while I was there.

Warning noted.

Also, thanks for taking the warning, and clarifying. When we don't have any evidence besides logs, the thought was that a general warning would do just as a reminder.

Makes sense, thank you for clarifying.

RE: Players Warned: A lot - Kauket - 03-17-2016

Just noting. The Initiative vessels didn't partake within combat or even intended to. Also that Inanga was only /just/ made on that day IIRC - which was my bad for not fixing the rep, even if it was backing up the main 'engager' - being the support in the scenario(?) and yes, I think I did shoot first to get the bounty, but I cannot remember.

Anyway, warning noted.