Discovery Gaming Community
(To be closed.) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: (To be closed.) (/showthread.php?tid=137178)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

(To be closed.) - The Savage - 03-19-2016

Thread is to be closed and clarification will be sent via Player Requests. Thank you.

RE: Freelancer ID - SnakThree - 03-19-2016

Freelancer ID cannot hire another Freelancer ID, thus Freelancer IFFed base owners cannot hire other Freelancer. Obviously, admins will not punish group ( for exaple AFC ) who have Freelancer IFF for defending their base with same IFF.

Currently Freelancers can abuse the right to assist friendly or allied ships because it is hard to check personal diplomacy. Hopefully, this will be taken away in the future preventing Freelancers to be unaccountable and irresponsible with PvP rights.

Freelancer IDs can only demand cargo if they are hired to do so on the spot or have registered with a Bounty Board that would pay them for such actions.

RE: Freelancer ID - Lythrilux - 03-19-2016

Quote:This said, I am also quite interested what in case of Freelancer ID'ed player being, according to roleplay, friendly and quite allied with non-generic faction if the aforementioned line [- Can attack any ship in self-defense or to protect an friendly or allied ship.] is actually applicable to the situation in which, on basis of personal diplomacy, payment is not done and Freelancer merely defends group with which he or she is alllied.

That is the case. The FL ID is so broken right now, I'm amazed the staff haven't noticed. Before you had to have a bounty to shoot something but in its current state the ID allows you to jump into any pew with anyone anywhere. It's literally a sirius wider supporting terrorist ID.

RE: Freelancer ID - The Savage - 03-19-2016

(03-19-2016, 12:23 PM)Snak3 Wrote: Currently Freelancers can abuse the right to assist friendly or allied ships because it is hard to check personal diplomacy. Hopefully, this will be taken away in the future preventing Freelancers to be unaccountable and irresponsible with PvP rights.

This would be quite unfortunate, but understandable. Yet such a decision would create a new drama, making Freelancer ID quite useless because only faction ID would be able to defend others ID, completely ignoring the roleplay Freelancer ID'ed player has.

However, changing hiring rules would be quite useful after such a change would be introduced, because according to these rules only groups can enter into agreements with governments and factions being paid flat-rate regardless their kill score. Such form of agreement available for individuals would be pretty good on that.

(03-19-2016, 12:25 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: That is the case. The FL ID is so broken right now, I'm amazed the staff haven't noticed. Before you had to have a bounty to shoot something but in its current state the ID allows you to jump into any pew with anyone anywhere. It's literally a sirius wider supporting terrorist ID.

That is why I think merging Freelancer ID with Mercenary ID was a huge mistake, because Freelancer ID became everything and nothing at the same time.

RE: Freelancer ID - Kauket - 03-19-2016

(03-19-2016, 12:25 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:
Quote:This said, I am also quite interested what in case of Freelancer ID'ed player being, according to roleplay, friendly and quite allied with non-generic faction if the aforementioned line [- Can attack any ship in self-defense or to protect an friendly or allied ship.] is actually applicable to the situation in which, on basis of personal diplomacy, payment is not done and Freelancer merely defends group with which he or she is alllied.

That is the case. The FL ID is so broken right now, I'm amazed the staff haven't noticed. Before you had to have a bounty to shoot something but in its current state the ID allows you to jump into any pew with anyone anywhere. It's literally a sirius wider supporting terrorist ID.

I would say roleplay and common sense dictates it.

Does the character have reason for it?

Do they know them?

What are their past relations with the character?

Have they met them before?

What's the motivation?

You have to ask many questions about it. Obviously you can't help someone you had issues with. Your character affiliation is set once you help someone at some point.

RE: Freelancer ID - SnakThree - 03-19-2016

@Nyx

Random Freelancer has green with Faction A. Comes in and assists them against Faction B, without being asked to. Legit rulewise. Even though it's PvP abuse by the spirit of the rules.

RE: Freelancer ID - The Savage - 03-19-2016

What about this ID, after some remodifications into 4.86 standards? Given Zoners have a special FLHook code disallowing them to land inside house space, why shouldn't we give it a try?

It could add more flavour into roleplay.

RE: Freelancer ID - Kauket - 03-19-2016

(03-19-2016, 12:34 PM)Snak3 Wrote: @Nyx

Random Freelancer has green with Faction A. Comes in and assists them against Faction B, without being asked to. Legit rulewise. Even though it's PvP abuse by the spirit of the rules.

Oh. That makes more sense, but mind you, they're open to an FR5.

Though mind you, I haven't really seen this abuse in action a lot, or maybe at all.

RE: Freelancer ID - Loki 666 - 03-19-2016

If really needed just chance: -Can attack any ship in self-defence or to protect an friendly or allied ship. *to* -Can attack any ship in self-defence or to protect an friendly or allied ship or base.
Then all should be happy. The Vigilante ID is strange and has nothing to do with a Freelancer.

A Freelancer should not interfere a running battle, if you ask me. He should join a side before the battle starts, then it's really ok.

A Pirate should not be aloud to use the Freelancer IFF, that's real annoying.

RE: Freelancer ID - nOmnomnOm - 03-19-2016

(03-19-2016, 12:34 PM)Snak3 Wrote: @Nyx

I am surprised people dont remember the sanctions against this and people complaining to admins that from that line they di not need a bounty while admins they said they do.

Im not gonna bother with talking about how funny I find some of these arguments either of how "broken" the ID is.