Discovery Gaming Community
getting shot but reputation not showing. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: getting shot but reputation not showing. (/showthread.php?tid=137467)

getting shot but reputation not showing. - driftwolf - 03-27-2016

So I restarted as FreelancerLi
Player status gives me a list of the reputation I have with various groups. No mention of anything in Gallia.

Soon as I get near anything owned by the Royal Gallic Navy it starts to shoot at me. It doesn't show up in the player status as "hostile", nothing. They just shoot at me.

Gallic Metal Services and Maquis as neutral to me. But GMS *also* isn't showing up in the player status, even after I've docked at their bases. Oddly, the Maquis showed up only after I reloaded the character, but not GMS.

I was under the impression that each time you meet a faction that starts shooting at you on sight, they should be showing up in the list as "hostile", no? And that each time you meet a faction your reputation with them should be listed in the player status?

What am I missing here?

RE: getting shot but reputation not showing. - The Savage - 03-27-2016

That is because FreelanceLi restart has a rep pointed towards Liberty factions. Similiary, FreelancerGa have rep quite hostile to Bretonian and Libertonian factions.

Use KuCivilian for best Freelancer rep with being neutral to everyone around Sirius and Gallia, except for a few. You can also use Zoner restarts, both of which are neutral but offers Zoner ID.

RE: getting shot but reputation not showing. - SnakThree - 03-27-2016

aerelm's Guide to "4.87 Restart Templates"

Some factions are not on reputation lists if you haven't met their NPC or docked on their stations.

NPCs have a tendency to go hostile if their ally is showing as hostile to you.

Situation: You are hostile to Liberty Police Incorporated but neutral to Ageira Technologies. If you fly to Ageira station that is near LPI NPCs or Trade Lanes ( marked as LPI ), Ageira will become hostile to you as well.

RE: getting shot but reputation not showing. - driftwolf - 03-27-2016

(03-27-2016, 09:31 PM)Snak3 Wrote: aerelm's Guide to "4.87 Restart Templates"

Some factions are not on reputation lists if you haven't met their NPC or docked on their stations.

I do believe I mentioned that I got shot at by the Royal Navy (a battleship), and that I docked at a Gallic Metal base. Neither are showing on my list.
Either there's a problem with the program, or a problem with aerelm's guide. Having used aerelm's guide extensively, I'd have to say it's probably a bug somewhere.

Quote:NPCs have a tendency to go hostile if their ally is showing as hostile to you.

Situation: You are hostile to Liberty Police Incorporated but neutral to Ageira Technologies. If you fly to Ageira station that is near LPI NPCs or Trade Lanes ( marked as LPI ), Ageira will become hostile to you as well.

That wasn't the case here. In fact, Gallic Metal did NOT go hostile when Royal Navy jump gate shot at me. Whereas I've had former neutrals go hostile when a jump gate went hostile. I'm guessing that Gallic Metal doesn't get along with Royal Navy maybe?

I guess gates, battleships (which are really bases), and bases don't trigger the IFF listing for that faction? I haven't met an actual ship of that faction yet. Where ARE they? I've been all over Gallia!

That still doesn't explain why, after docking at Indochine Depot which is listed as a Gallic Metal Service base, GMS doesn't show up in my player info? It's worked for Maquis (0) and Unione Corse (-0.3), so it's just that one that failed.

Looking like a bugged depot, perhaps?

RE: getting shot but reputation not showing. - The Savage - 03-27-2016

(03-27-2016, 10:14 PM)driftwolf Wrote: That wasn't the case here. In fact, Gallic Metal did NOT go hostile when Royal Navy jump gate shot at me.

GMS doesn't turn red because of The Council and The Maquis' connections.

To reply OP, once again: Royal Navy is initially red to FreelancerLi restart.

RE: getting shot but reputation not showing. - driftwolf - 03-27-2016

(03-27-2016, 10:18 PM)Toris Wrote:
(03-27-2016, 10:14 PM)driftwolf Wrote: That wasn't the case here. In fact, Gallic Metal did NOT go hostile when Royal Navy jump gate shot at me.

GMS doesn't turn red because of The Council and The Maquis' connections.

To reply OP, once again: Royal Navy is initially red to FreelancerLi restart.

I understand that they're hostile, yes. That's not the issue. The issue is that they're not listed as hostile, and even after touring around most of Gallia I *still* haven't met a single NPC to trigger something to list it.

So I guess my question is now: who or where would I ask to make that hostility more evident at the start, by perhaps putting Gallic military and police as "hostile" in the startup reputation for FreelancerLi? Thanks for helping me determine the right question to ask.

As for the Gallic Metal thing, yeah, that seems to be bugged. I've docked on two of their bases now and still nothing is listed.

RE: getting shot but reputation not showing. - SnakThree - 03-27-2016

Sometimes you just happen to discover things because we cannot create tutorials, tips and tricks, FAQ for every single small detail and case that pops up.

You get shot because you have someone as hostile among your reputation. Whether it is listed or not, does not really matter because you will still get shot.

RE: getting shot but reputation not showing. - Antonio - 03-27-2016

It can be frustrating at times because of the code that stops spawning npcs after a certain amount of players are on the server (I believe it's 50?) making it almost impossible to get that faction listed. Try doing from 2am to 10am UTC, that's the time when server doesn't have a lot of players.

Edit: Docking onto their bases doesn't list them. The only 2 ways is meeting their ships in space or talking to an npc of that faction in the bar.