Discovery Gaming Community
The Seraphim | Mission statements and reports - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Seraphim | Mission statements and reports (/showthread.php?tid=137482)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: The Seraphim | Mission statements and reports - casualty - 01-10-2017

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

[Image: MQBsJWnh.png]

Indentification: Tara Williams
Recipient: The Seraphim
Subject: Freeport 11 situation

Greetings, The Seraphim,

I'm Tara Williams, the first mate on Tethys. I hope there still someone on this channel to hear me, I'm afraid most of our people were in Delta when Freeport 11 was attacked. Alex left me in charge of Tethys at Newport in Sigma-13, while he himself took Meridian, our Enterprise liner, to Freeport 11 to evacuate casualties.

The last time I heard from him was actually yesterday when he departed to Ames station to pick up medical supplies for the Freeport. I assume that he made it to Delta in a few hours before the blast. I'm sure that if he had left before and weren't there at the time of the explosion, he would have contacted us already. Thus, I fear the worst.

As soon as we heard about these events, we assembled five rescue teams of our men and freelancers from Newport, and set course to Delta. We approached Freeport 11 to find it engulfed in some kind of ionized cloud, irradiated and sparkling with static. We dispatched the teams only to find that station's electronics is fried, the most of the station is depressurized. Looks like both main and reserve power systems were destroyed completely. Most ships docked to the station also fried and dead.

We saved a pilot from one of the fighters that didn't make it to the exit from the dock before the blast. We also evacuated seven survivors from one area inside the station that still had air, and recovered ten dead bodies from what remains of the biodome. We didn't found Alex, or anyone else who I know.

From the footage the Team Two took in the docking area looks like that Meridian or some very very similar ship is still docked with the station. However, we could not stay around for any longer due to heavy nomad presence and hazardous influence of the cloud. Two of our men were injured as well, one burned from getting to close to melting reactor block, another one from stray blast from lesser Nomad form.

We retreated to Dabadoru station and as soon as I found a more suitable vessel, maybe a fighter, I will get back to Freeport 11. I will keep searching for Alex, and I hope against odds that he made it.

With best regards,
Williams, Tara

[Image: 4LwX8F6.gif]

CLOSING TRANSMISSION

RE: The Seraphim | Mission statements and reports - moebus - 01-10-2017

To: Tara Williams, The Seraphim
Topic: Freeport 11

Dear Tara,

Thank you for reporting. I was in Freeport 10 preparing a convoy of supplies to Freeport 11 when this new dramatic event happened. Like you, I can only fear the worst for Alex. I will send a rescue patrol in Delta, maybe his ship was disable by the blast. Maybe there are still some isolated survivors. On my side, based on last activity reports, it seems that none of the crews under my supervision were on Freeport 11 at the moment of this tragedy. I still need to check about it.

Anyway, I am not sure Freeport 11 will be rebuilt this time. This is something to be discuss with other zoners.

Take care,
Dankien Moebus

RE: The Seraphim | Mission statements and reports - casualty - 01-11-2017

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

[Image: MQBsJWnh.png]

Dear Mr Moebus,

I returned to Freeport 11 today, and I found Meridian. It is still docked with the station, so I assume Alex was at the station and either was evacuated to Omega-49 with other survivors, or... Sorry, Mr Moebus.

Anyways. I borrowed Roc bomber on Dabadoru station, have an old friend of mine there... Undocked from the station, met freelancer pilot, John Silverstone, helped me a lot. He fended off Nomads that were swarming around the station wreck. I told him about Alex missing, but he only told me that IMG took survivors to Gran Canaria.

In Freeport docking area I found the Meridian, among other... wrecks. This is like a mass grave... I recovered a black box recordings from the Meridian. Looks like when it arrived at Freeport 11 last time, they met one of those ships... They are blamed for this outbreak of violence. Though, as I understand, the Core would have found another reason to attack and push Zoners out of Delta...

Sorry, I need to stay focused. Alex met the I-401, or Iona as it calls itself. They had a conversation over private comm channel before the Meridian docked to Freeport... the last time. I find this conversation important for how the current situation is developing and I leave it to you to decide if it should be shared to someone else.

I'm still recovering from radiation poisoning, looks like my flight suit leaked some inside. Thanks to Dabadoru med bay, I'm feeling much better now. I will await your response.

With best regards,
Williams, Tara

CLOSING TRANSMISSION

RE: The Seraphim | Mission statements and reports - moebus - 01-12-2017

To: Tara Williams
Encryption: Trump and feathers modes

Dear Tara,

I am sorry to hear that. The hope to find Alex alive and well is vanishing over time.

The story of Iona is troubling I don't know what to think about it. My understanding of artificial intelligence is pretty limited and I don' t know about the technical feasibility of such human machine hybridization.

Nevertheless, Alex gave his parole, I don't think we should reveal Iona's secret now. Of course we could still pretend the parole was not broken since the conversation was recovered from the black box. But my concern is also about what we could possibly do with this information.

As I see it: people could say it is just a lie. More important even if Iona is truly a human-machine, then what does it change to the fact he assaulted some Core ships? I mean Iona is still a thinking and conscious being and cannot being excused for what he did.

Or maybe I am missing something. Please tell me what you have in mind when you will be operational again.

I hope you will recover rapidly from the radiation effects,
Best,

Dankien Moebus

RE: The Seraphim | Mission statements and reports - casualty - 01-15-2017

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

[Image: nbgCFJkm.png]

Dear Mr Moebus

Thank you for the best wishes. I feel much better now, thanks to doctors on Dabadoru and then Corinth station.

On the down side, I still didn't get any news from Mr Mush. Neither I can find him on the lists of evacuees to Omega-49, although those lists are incomplete and inaccurate from what I heard. Anyways, as long as his fate remains unclear, I would like to ask for permission to fill in for him in the ranks of The Seraphim. Of course, I don't pretend I can do as good as Alex did, but I'll do my best... I feel it is my duty to him.

After I recovered from my short visit to Freeport 11, I made a couple of runs on Tethys from Corinth to Ames for the electronics spare parts. My next plan is a journey to Gran Canaria to bring supplies for the refugees from Delta and look for someone who might know what happened to Mr Mush.

Please, let me know what's your decision about my participation in The Seraphim. Of course, I'm ready to pass the command of the Tethys to anyone else you see deserving it. Just let me know.

With best regards,
Williams, Tara

CLOSING TRANSMISSION

RE: The Seraphim | Mission statements and reports - moebus - 01-19-2017

Encryption: Trump and feathers modes

Dear Tara,

Alex put his trust into you and I trust Alex. Moreover you have already demonstrated your willingness to help, so I approve your motion to become a Seraphim. To follow the rules, you will become an official member within a few days. Just to let the time to other Seraphim that would like to discuss about this motion if they feel the need. Technically, you will be a Seraphim candidate from now up to next Monday. If at this time nobody has questioned this motion then you will become automatically a Seraphim member with full privilege and responsibilities. Maybe we could have a meeting this weekend to better know each other.

And by the way, please call me just Dankien, you make me fill old as "Mr Moebus".

Cheers,

Dankien Moebus

RE: The Seraphim | Mission statements and reports - casualty - 01-22-2017

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

[Image: c17a18d3a8155df59659c9966ab1ecd7.jpg]

Subject: Realization

Dankien,

I thank you for your trust, it means very much to me. I should have been shocked by the recent events more than I realized. I just understood that before you can fully accept me as a member of this honorable organization, I should properly introduce and explain myself first.

So, I was born in April 796 into a family of Zoners in Baffin system. My parents were tech workers on Shasta at that time. I grown at the station, went to local school. There I first met Alex Mush. When I was 12, he worked as head doctor in one of the station's med blocks, and also taught biology in the local school. He somehow noticed me, and when I graduated Shasta's school, recommended me to one of colleges on Cambridge.

I completed course of astrophysics and also finished civilian navigation courses. We stayed in touch with Mr Mush and he helped me through couple of personal crises. By the time I returned to Shasta, my parents retired. I started working as a second pilot on a freighter, then as a navigator on a transport traveling between Baffin and Omicron Kappa. About a year ago I met Mr Mush again, and he proposed me a place of first mate on Lemuria and his other ships. I even took the command a few times, when pressing matters called him to some other place. He also introduced me to ideals and goals of The Seraphim, and I embrace it with all my heart.

I wish I could learn more from Mush, but at least I will try to do my best as his placeholder, helping where I can and learning as much as I can.

With deep gratitude,
Williams, Tara

CLOSING TRANSMISSION

RE: The Seraphim | Mission statements and reports - moebus - 01-29-2017

Topic: Membership

Dear Tara,

I am pleased to officially welcome you to the Seraphim family! It is an honor to count you as one of our members. I am pretty sure you will greatly contribute to our cause as you already did under the supervision of Alex Mush. I am sorry for not being really available these days. Supplying Freeport 11 and looking for Alex Mush at the same time is quiet time demanding. Next time we meet on Newport Station I'll buy you a drink.

Thank you for providing your bio, you are a person full of resources. I see that you have knowledge in astrophysics, are you interested in scientific research? A few years ago, I conducted some research project on vanishing jumpholes and gravitational anomalies. We could pursue this research when we will have some free time if you want.

All the best,

Dankien Moebus

RE: The Seraphim | Mission statements and reports - casualty - 02-02-2017

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

[Image: c17a18d3a8155df59659c9966ab1ecd7.jpg]

Subject: Meridian

Dear fellow Seraphims,

As you know, our only liner-class ship, Meridian, was docked at Freeport 11 when it was hit by an EMP blast. So the ship suffered critical failure of all electronic systems, as the station itself. The circuit boards were basically scorched, and many other systems were damaged as well when the power went down.

Me and my engineering team spent a whole week assessing the damage and preparing for repairs. Now we understand that we are missing some critical materials which are not easy to found in this remote war-torn region. So I'd like to ask if The Seraphim can send a call for help to our allies and patrons? We have enough money to reward those who will deliver us necessary materials with, I'd say, 1,500 credits per unit.

This is the list of what we need for repairs on Meridian:

9,000 Nanocapacitators
9,000 Optical Chips
9,000 Superconductors
6,000 Quantum Array Multiplexers
6,000 Engine Components
3,000 Hull Segments

Dankien, regarding your proposal. It sounds very interesting to me, though I'm not sure if I have enough time and expertise to help. Could you share some details on what you are working on? Hope to catch you at Newport in a few days, I will call you on local comm once I arrive.

With best regards,
Williams, Tara

CLOSING TRANSMISSION

RE: The Seraphim | Mission statements and reports - moebus - 02-17-2017

To: The Seraphim
Topic: Meridian

Dear Tara,

Thank you again for your implication to the Seraphim cause, I have to apologize again for my late reply. Things are going very slowly on my side. I will post your request to refit the Meridian. Also, I will increase the reward by 500 credits per commodity unit to make the contract even more attractive. I am expecting support from IMG, zoners, and other indies. So the Meridian should fly again soon.

Cheers,

Dankien Moebus