Discovery Gaming Community
A new life - again. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: A new life - again. (/showthread.php?tid=137501)

A new life - again. - Petitioner - 03-28-2016

//This thread isn't necessarily open only to the VWA, but if you'd like to participate, ask me on Skype first and we'll work something out. Anyone with any relation to Jepsen or the old RV is encouraged to do so.

Matthäus sat on the bench in Kaiserslautern's hangar bay, his knees spread wide and his forearms resting on his thighs. Fidgeting with an unlit cigarette out of habit, he clearly had a hard time resisting the years-old reflex to light it – a busy mech room with lots of vapor and leaky fuel tubes in it would be just about the worst possible place to do that. His battered bomber sat haphazardly propped up against some empty crates, and an LWB man was already busy pulling the hull plates off with a magnetic debolter. He hated to be rid of it, but flying an IMG ship under the Widerstand's flag wouldn't accomplish anything besides raising all the wrong eyebrows, and probably getting him killed after an engine failure. The proper parts for repairs would be too expensive to acquire on the meager income of a revolutionary – even as a mercenary under the Guild's employ, he'd had enough trouble keeping things in order, and he was far from a sterling mechanic.

"You know, Aktivist," Alexander said as he clapped his hand on Matthäus's shoulder, "a Cutlass isn't half bad. It won't be that great of a loss."

"I just hate to be rid of anything that's served me well," Matthäus replied. "The Nanda may be slow, but she took plenty of beatings for me. I'm wary of these older designs. They may have had plenty of time to be tested, but anything that's got its origins so far out of Rheinland just... doesn't sit right with me. I'll get used to it, though."

RE: A new life - again. - Ichiru - 04-08-2016

"The origins of these ships don't really matter anymore. The engineers in Kaiserslautern, as well as Bruchsal, can and will replace almost any part in a ship. In many of our ships the entire engine component is replaced with one from Rheinland. You'll make this ship your own in very little time."

Alexander moved his hand off of Matthäus's shoulder, and stood up straight. He didn't like to hang around on Kaiserslautern, he found recruitment duty to be mundane. It had to be done however, and his shift was over for now.

"However, it is imperative that I get you to Bruchsal as soon as possible. There's no use sitting here in Kaiserslautern doing nothing, Ja?"

RE: A new life - again. - Petitioner - 04-08-2016

Matthäus nodded, pushing himself up off the bench with a groan. "You're right. Taking your ship, I assume? Since I find myself rather lacking one now," he said with a wistful glance towards what was in the process of ceasing to be the cockpit of the beat-up bomber. "Unless there's something else spare around here, in which case I know my own way to Bruchsal still."

RE: A new life - again. - Ichiru - 04-21-2016

Alexander looked confused for a second, something spare? There was no possible way the already resource-starved Revolutionaries had ships just lying around. Between patrols and guerilla strikes, the hangar bays of every station were always having ships come in and ships go out. No ships were to go unused. He decided to put the reason of that suggestion to inexperience and ignored it.

"Well you are lucky today then. I flew the Gerechtigkeit on the way here for this shift, deliveries to be done and all. There should be enough room on an Uruz for the both of us."

He motioned to a door on the other side of the hangar bay, and started to move towards it.

"The ship is moored at port 7. I'll expect to see you there shortly."

RE: A new life - again. - Petitioner - 04-21-2016

"Alright." He reached his hands out and cracked his knuckles, standing to stare at what was once his ship for a moment longer, until his eyes began to cloud with indifference. Then Matthäus turned to follow Alexander, boarding the Uruz via the shaky mooring arm without the shaky nervousness that would characterize the attitude of most who weren't used to the corner-cutting construction that characterized most unlawful transport facilities.
"Any chance I can smoke on this thing?"