Discovery Gaming Community
Generic ID vs Faction ID - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Generic ID vs Faction ID (/showthread.php?tid=137712)

Pages: 1 2

Generic ID vs Faction ID - The Savage - 04-04-2016

Dear players.

Please do not mix up term Generic ID with Faction ID. According to the rules Generic ID does not mean any faction ID which is not official faction ID. Generic ID is Freelancer ID, Miner ID and Pirate ID - which means player is unaffiliated with any faction. Faction ID, no matter if NPC faction ID or Official Faction ID, can claim bounties inside their ZOI, unless stated otherwise.

Sincerely,
That Guy In Texas.

RE: Generic ID vs Faction ID - Antonio - 04-04-2016

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Generic ID vs Faction ID - sindroms - 04-04-2016

So what you are saying is that you want an official ID with a generic ID's freedom?
Uh, huh.
I am still pretty sure that if your official ID derrives from a Generic ID, you must follow its constraints. Just like anyone else would.

AFC really are an odd guinea pig these days, we never really had an official faction that used a generic ID. Now we need to figure out how to deal with it.

RE: Generic ID vs Faction ID - Lythrilux - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 02:40 PM)sindroms Wrote: AFC really are an odd guinea pig these days, we never really had an official faction that used a generic ID. Now we need to figure out how to deal with it.

The late VR- beat them to that actually, since they used the Pirate ID (and later FL ID I think?).

RE: Generic ID vs Faction ID - SnakThree - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 02:40 PM)sindroms Wrote: So what you are saying is that you want an official ID with a generic ID's freedom?
Uh, huh.
I am still pretty sure that if your official ID derrives from a Generic ID, you must follow its constraints. Just like anyone else would.

AFC really are an odd guinea pig these days, we never really had an official faction that used a generic ID. Now we need to figure out how to deal with it.

Nah. There was a person in Texas just now who claimed that Ageira Technologies is Generic ID and can't bounty hunt. So Toris is actually making notice to people with wrong interpretation on what is Generic ID

RE: Generic ID vs Faction ID - sindroms - 04-04-2016

Ooooh.

RE: Generic ID vs Faction ID - The Savage - 04-04-2016

I'm not even speaking about AFC in here.

I wanted to point out that NPC Faction ID is not Generic ID, as some players claims - and this is the third time (yes, third) I encounter such a case:

Quote:[04.04.2016 13:07:02] [Anonymous]: // He is using a Ageira Generic ID, which does not say he can claim bounties.

Edit: Ninja'd by Snak3.

RE: Generic ID vs Faction ID - Lythrilux - 04-04-2016

Since when can Corporate IDs not take bounties? Any ID can claim bounties in it's ZoI if it has the right combat lines.

RE: Generic ID vs Faction ID - nOmnomnOm - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 02:40 PM)sindroms Wrote: So what you are saying is that you want an official ID with a generic ID's freedom?
Uh, huh.

You want to deal with me, sempai?
Have I broken anything?

Probably not Tongue

I have just made several people mad that i went into their patroled system. Oh noz. Roleplaying D:

Quote:Faction ID, no matter if NPC faction ID or Official Faction ID, can claim bounties inside their ZOI, unless stated otherwise.

err... sure???

Quote:Please do not mix up term Generic ID with Faction ID. According to the rules Generic ID does not mean any faction ID which is not official faction ID. Generic ID is Freelancer ID, Miner ID and Pirate ID - which means player is unaffiliated with any faction

Generic IDs are ....

(03-31-2016, 03:11 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: A generic ID is a basic ID that allows for manipulation of rep and freedom/flexibility to represent a character that is not affiliated with any existing faction

That is what my research from the community has given me.

Plus they do not have a group to have their lore based off of. They can change it how they wish as an individual.

It is generic meaning it is a general ID for different things.

it just so happens that that was the ID I had to choose to continue AFC when we were forced to have only 1 ID.
We look the lines of the ID and tried to ignore the Freelancer part of it, making our own lore to start to move away.

Edit: I just read Snak3's post

Oh. lol

RE: Generic ID vs Faction ID - The Savage - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 02:46 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Since when can Corporate IDs not take bounties? Any ID can claim bounties in it's ZoI if it has the right combat lines.

This is why I wrote OP. I repeatedly told other player that every non-generic ID can claim bounties inside their ZOI and asked him or her to re-read the rules. I was finally told to shut up, because "you are not Admin or Dev and I won't listen to you".