Discovery Gaming Community
To: The Colonial Republic | The Seraphim [Encrypted] - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The Colonial Republic | The Seraphim [Encrypted] (/showthread.php?tid=137884)

To: The Colonial Republic | The Seraphim [Encrypted] - Acolyte - 04-08-2016

Indentification: Jason Kelly
Recipient: Minister Garvey
Subject: Human Trafficking Policies

To the Republic:

Good afternoon. My name is Jason Kelly, a member of the Zoner Consensus and, more importantly, the Seraphim; a humanitarian organization operating throughout the Sector.

I'm contacting you today to file a formal inquiry regarding an issue that is important to both of us. As you can imagine, the topic of slavery is one which weighs on the hearts of the Seraphim every day.

I've been given the lead on a project which, as a first step, seeks to assess the level of legal involvement and interdiction of various powers across Sirius with regards to the issue of human trafficking in their territory. Given the Republic's enmity with the Maltese Nation, we've identified you as a potential party that would take strong action against such crimes.

I'd like to open a dialogue with you to understand what measures your nation is taking to prevent human trafficking in your territory. The Coronado corridor is an essential backdoor between House space and the Taus and upper Omicrons, and so -- in my mind mind -- would require tight policing to prevent criminal movement.

In short: what actions do the Republic take to prevent human trafficking in their territory?

This is only the first phase of a longer project, but in order to proceed I need to gather some information first. If you're interested in helping the Sector become a freer, more charitable and democratic place, please respond to this channel.

In any case, thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Jason Kelly

[Image: 0zqMUrC.png]

RE: To: The Colonial Republic | The Seraphim [Encrypted] - TheShooter36 - 04-08-2016

[Image: x84HfLb.png]

Greetings, Mr. Kelly,
I'm honored and pleased to see people who seek a better, brighter Sirius. My name is Daniel Garvey, Minister of Defense of Crayter Republic.

So... The Zoner Consensus and Seraphim opposes slavery, like us. Republic puts effort to freeing and liberating slaves, especially the ones in the hands of Outcasts, for countless years. We are monitoring the traffic through our systems and in the Taus as well for Slaves, intercepting unlawful transports whenever possible, freeing slaves, also if possible, giving slaves new lives at Planet Yuma.

Before continuing with the details, we would like to know what you have in mind that leaded to contact with the Republic about this subject in first place. We would like to know another thing: Consensus' and Seraphim's goal is putting an end to slavery, thats only the general idea. Execution of the idea carries extreme importance though. Republic, as expected by the Consensus, interested to cooperate, but we would need a detailed plan of execution of this long-term operation.

I, personally, look forward to cooperate for a freer, charitable and democratic place, as you put.

Signed, Daniel Garvey
Minister of Defense
Crayter Republic

RE: To: The Colonial Republic | The Seraphim [Encrypted] - Acolyte - 04-11-2016

Indentification: Jason Kelly
Recipient: Minister Garvey
Subject: Human Trafficking Policies

Minister Garvey!

It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance! Thank you for responding with such haste. Of course I'd be delighted to provide the details of this project, however I must make something very clear first.

It is no secret that the Maltese Nation is one of the, if not the largest importer of human cargo in Sirius. The magnitude of the slave trade on Malta is nothing short of appalling and this deserves action. However, the Seraphim as a Zoner organization are in a precarious position for catalyzing this change. You must understand, the Outcasts are welcome aboard Freeports across the Sector just as well as anyone. If our complicity in cutting supply lines of human labor were discovered, it could mean the immediate deaths of thousands, and the long-term endangerment of tens of thousands more who depend on Freeports for safe harbor, fuel, and essentials.

Therefore, it is imperative that these communiques and all subsequent actions that may arise from them not lead directly to the Zoners or the Seraphim. This is not an attempt to pawn the work and danger off onto others, it is merely the role we must play in facilitating the safe and expedient extraction of millions who find themselves in bondage. With that in mind, let's continue.

Let's begin with noting something very critical. Human trafficking is on the rise. Slave liner presence throughout the Edge Worlds has skyrocketed. We don't yet know what's happening, but it seems fair to assume that slave merchants across the Sector are somehow coordinating their efforts - establishing some kind of alliance or hierarchy among themselves. This is a problem that must be addressed at all costs.

I am the project lead responsible for executing the Seraphim's Anti-Slavery Action Plan. In short, it is a program that seeks to organize and unify groups who are opposed to human trafficking in order to create coordinated rescue operations and increase rate of interdiction. The Republic would be one such party. Note the attachment below.

If we are successful, this "Anti-Slavery coalition" would control all territory highlighted in blue, effectively stone-walling both major trafficking routes; the Taus and the Omegas. We are looking to bring the Independent Miner's Guild into the mix as well, given our mutually cordial relationships with one another and their similarly widespread presence in Sirius.

The role of the Republic would be to work in cooperation with the IMG and other coalition assets to more actively and effectively intercept slave traders passing through the Taus, Coronado corridor, and the nearby independent systems of Cortez and Magellan. It's no secret that Bretonian refugees are, most recently, the largest group being targeted for predation by slave merchants; therefore the border between Bretonia and Liberty must be secured. Both House militaries are too busy reeling from the Gallic threat to pay much attention to refugee traffic passing both ways, so it falls to us.

As a returning power, the Republic is also imperative to this plan for its unique position and scope. Your people seek to return to their former glory, and are one of the few non-House authorities with an active planetary colonization. Consequently, you, more than most others in the Sector, are in a position to accept and temporarily house rescued persons.

The Seraphim, in exchange, would assist with logistics; chiefly in the area of transportation. We will provide the supplies necessary to maintain temporary refugee facilities on coalition bases, including any required construction materials. Similarly, Seraphim transports will be able to facilitate the relocation of rescued slaves to the destination of their choosing. Many enslaved refugees were bound for Erie, Gran Canaria, or other haven worlds prior to their capture. Of course, it goes without saying that you're welcome to offer them permanent haven with your people. If not, we'll take them off your hands.

I will also talk to my fellow Seraphim to discuss logistically supplying the policing effort. We may be able to provide fuel, repair materials, and even materials to facilitate the construction of new vessels if necessary. If anybody asks, it was an anonymous supply request

In all of this, the Seraphim remain neutral parties. We may "plead the fifth" if necessary, and in maintaining this gray diplomacy, we are able to safeguard more lives. Zoners stay true to our core beliefs, those enslaved end up free, your enemies are dealt an economic blow, you are provided with additional manpower (if you'd like to extend freed slaves the offer of pursuing citizenship -- this is up to you), and you have the opportunity to arrange a new trade contract.

What do you think? I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts and negotiating further specifics with you.

Sincerely,
Jason Kelly

[Image: 0zqMUrC.png]