Discovery Gaming Community
Engagement Rules - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Engagement Rules (/showthread.php?tid=137949)

Pages: 1 2

Engagement Rules - Mephistoles - 04-09-2016

I have some questions about the Wild ID and wider engagement rules that I cannot find a completely solid answer for, and need assistance from the admin team to provide answers that will avoid rule violations in the future. The questions are quite simple and direct:

1) Can the Wild ID shoot me without RP?

2) Does "sufficient time to respond" in rule 3.1 mean time since the RP interaction starts, or time since a declaration of hostile intent such as an engagement notice?

3) If answer to 1 is yes, can I shoot it without RP in return?

4) If answer to 1 is no, does it have to provide sufficient time to respond, based on question 2?

Hopefully this thread can receive (a) green statement(s) that can then be added to the Community Collected Admin Greentext thread.

RE: Engagement Rules - SnakThree - 04-11-2016

I very much hope that staff will find reason and logic to stop making favorable exception to already great IDs. The idea behind 3.1 rule was to keep the verbal roleplay to at least a minimum and giving some fair chance to survive/fight back.

Exceptions that one or two IDs are not required to follow easy and important rule with intent of causing chaos are straightforward stupidity that can cause less experienced players to feel betrayed by the staff and bitter vets using such privilege.

If they are truly allowed to attack without roleplay or delay, then make the ID definition clear - "Can attack anyone without notice".
It would be easy fix to avoid any confusion. Although I have hopes that staff are more reasonable and will prevent such privilege in the first place.

RE: Engagement Rules - Garrett Jax - 04-11-2016

Actually, I'm glad this post came up. The Admins were talking about this very subject today and we will let you know how the discussion turns out once they are complete.

RE: Engagement Rules - Mephistoles - 04-18-2016

Any progress? I have noticed a post in a sanction thread reads:

(04-18-2016, 03:48 PM)Drrobe Wrote: Now, the |Aoi ship is allowed to attack you with no RP/engagement notice, especially when you are Nomad farming.

RE: Engagement Rules - Arioch - 04-18-2016

It's still under discussion, but for the time being, the above is true. If it should change, then we'll announce it.

Ok, thanks. In the meantime, can other IDs attack Wild without RP in return?

No, you'll still need to RP to initiate an attack, versus being able to defend yourself.

I don't find that to be fair or balanced, and believe whatever rules apply should go both ways.

As I said, it's still being discussed.

RE: Engagement Rules - Mephistoles - 05-02-2016

Has the discussion concluded yet?