Discovery Gaming Community
Revert the 'Outer-Rim' section back to 'Edge Worlds' - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Revert the 'Outer-Rim' section back to 'Edge Worlds' (/showthread.php?tid=138067)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Revert the 'Outer-Rim' section back to 'Edge Worlds' - Lythrilux - 04-12-2016

Quote:Outer-Rim sounds weird. It reminds me of a certain sexual act that shall not be named. In all seriousness, there was nothing wrong with just calling it 'Edge Worlds'. I don't even think anyone in game or inRP calls them the 'Outer-Rim'. The regions of space where those factions lie has always been called the Edge Worlds. Dare I say it's a bit confusing calling them the 'Outer-Rim' on top of that. Whilst renaming the Border Worlds faction sub-forum to Inter-House works great, Outer-Rim does not. Revert pls.

RE: Revert the 'Outer-Rim' section back to 'Edge Worlds' - Vito - 04-12-2016

Yes please. I don't think the Outer-Rim is actually a rim anyway, since I doubt all the systems are on the same plane.

RE: Revert the 'Outer-Rim' section back to 'Edge Worlds' - Lythrilux - 04-12-2016

Yeah, Edge Worlds is more fitting because they're literally at the edge of space.

RE: Revert the 'Outer-Rim' section back to 'Edge Worlds' - Croft - 04-12-2016

The outer rim doesn't work as it refers to the outer edge of a galaxy, if the nav map is to be believed Sirius actually covers several galaxies which would explain why its called a sector. While I'd be content with Edge Worlds I'd much prefer something like Fringe Systems to give it a sense of proportion.

RE: Revert the 'Outer-Rim' section back to 'Edge Worlds' - Lythrilux - 04-13-2016

Look at this overwhelming support. We should rename the section (sun)

RE: Revert the 'Outer-Rim' section back to 'Edge Worlds' - Venkman - 04-13-2016

Yup, I agree. Edge Worlds is more fitting

RE: Revert the 'Outer-Rim' section back to 'Edge Worlds' - Valhalla Rising - 04-13-2016

I agree with Croft on this one. Fringe systems would be a more suiting name if there was ever a need for a name-change. So, to stay on topic, reverting it back to Edge Worlds would be much better.

RE: Revert the 'Outer-Rim' section back to 'Edge Worlds' - Sand_Spider - 04-13-2016

Since I'm relatively freshly returned to Disco, I was unaware that those systems were called the "Outer-Rim." The Edge Worlds are what I called them years back, and I'll probably default to calling them just that. Heck, the red engines in-game are still called Edge World Engines, which are default on Hunter/Core/Corsair ships.

RE: Revert the 'Outer-Rim' section back to 'Edge Worlds' - Grumblesaur - 04-13-2016

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

RE: Revert the 'Outer-Rim' section back to 'Edge Worlds' - Lythrilux - 04-13-2016

Outer-Rim smells like ass.