Discovery Gaming Community
Gateway Interstellar Rolecall! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Gateway Interstellar Rolecall! (/showthread.php?tid=13809)

Gateway Interstellar Rolecall! - pchwang - 11-17-2008

Friends,

We are at the advent of yet another transition.

My fiancee and I are due to be married, and after a few more bomb threats and death notes from angry lobbyists and politicians alike, I am afraid that I found that this line of work will no longer serve me or my new family any good.

As a result, I've been able to get a position as a Professor adjunct at the University of Cambridge, and I shall be moving there with my soon-to-be wife.

Yes, it is true. I am leaving my post as the CEO of Gateway Interstellar. It has certainly been a good run while I was here, and being part of this organization - this family - is something that I will cherish forever. Thank you for all your help and support while I was part of it.

Now, in my final acts as CEO, I would like to raise a few points namely,

What would you like to see in Gateway Interstellar in the future?

What do you think your future level of activity in the faction is going to be?

What has been your current level of activity? This will not be used to judge you in any way, it is simply a measure for us to determine how much active recruitment is necessary.

In addition, please give us the following information:

Your Time Zone
Your Skype screen-name

Thank you all very much.

Sincerely,
Harold Brown, Gateway Interstellar, Former CEO

(//As some of you know, I've decided to leave discovery. This is just tying together some loose ends that I've inadvertently left. It's been a great run, and I really enjoyed Gateway while I was here. While I would love to continue to lead the faction, Freelancer(the game itself) has just become so tedious for me that it is becoming a chore to log on and play. The game is simply no fun for me anymore.

Perhaps, I may be back for a short bit in 4.85, but I certainly will not be retaking my position as CEO if I do.)

Gateway Interstellar Rolecall! - Benford Calvert - 11-17-2008

Greetings
I am very confused with the two roll calls and have already replied in the other one. But this one asks for more information so I will reply here as well..

What would you like to see in Gateway Interstellar in the future?
Expanding is really the way to go and from there everything else should fall into place.

What do you think your future level of activity in the faction is going to be?
Pretty much the same as it has been now but I am taking a holiday in January so I won't be online for several weeks.

(//What has been your current level of activity? This will not be used to judge you in any way, it is simply a measure for us to determine how much active recruitment is necessary.
Well I don't get on much during the week but on weekends I go on for big chunks. Also my pings high so some of the time trading is all I can do)

You have my Skype already I think.
My ship's clock is running GMT:+11 but I hole pretty strange hours.

Regards

James Calvert of the Gateway)Darrowby

Gateway Interstellar Rolecall! - beander2 - 11-17-2008

Other thread has been redirected here.

In addition to Mr. Calvert, the following have signed:

Gunther Koch, Caernarvon (BaconSoda)
Calem McDonald, GlenCoe (Slainte)
Alisdair Buchanan, Trafalgar (Trevelyan)

My activity aboard the Trafalgar and behind the scenes continues to proceed at a moderate level. We will be searching for another CEO soon, as upcoming changes throughout Sirius betoken new challenges and opportunities.

//All three are already active with Skype.