Discovery Gaming Community
Medieval 2 Kingdoms - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Medieval 2 Kingdoms (/showthread.php?tid=13811)

Pages: 1 2 3

Medieval 2 Kingdoms - Exile - 11-17-2008

So, anyone got it? Or the normal medieval 2? Undusted my two copies yesterday. Helluva good game, espescialy the huge battles.

Anyone else besides me?

Medieval 2 Kingdoms - pipboy - 11-17-2008

OMG yes, always been a huge Total War fan. I have them all actually.

I can't wait for Empire: Total War. I've always thought that time period would make an awesome TW game..

Have to say though, Kingdoms just didn't do it for me. It's ok, but I downloaded the retrofit mod that adds the good stuff from Kingdoms into the regular campaign and I usually play that.

Medieval 2 Kingdoms - Drake - 11-17-2008

I love the original Medieval: Total War (reinstalled it about a week ago). Never played 2, because my computer won't run it.

Turks FTW.

I dream of a Fantasy: Total War (or insert fantasy setting... Malaz: Total War would be amazing).

Well, Kingdoms has it's thing. I'm personaly not a big fan of the crusaders/America's version of it. America's doesn't feel like the medievals anymore, but some country from outter space. Crusaders, just not my style.

But the Teutonic and Brittania campaign are quite interesting. Teutonic really gives me that feel that your an evil-ass army figthing the little villagers ( or the other way around.) And Britannia, well, just like the style really.

It would be interesting to see Fantasy : Total war or something like it, yeah.

Medieval 2 Kingdoms - Bjorn - 11-17-2008

If anyone is interested, there is awesome mod for Medieval 2 kingdoms. Name of mod is Stainless Steel 6 and it gives you bunch of stuff.

It enlarges map to east and south, giving you space up to Caspian lake, and down to Persian gulf. Additionally it remodels and reskins allmost all units so they are more alike their land of origin(there is difference between english spearman and norway one).

More to that it adds 2 new factions, and splits some of regions so there are more of them. Also good addon is that new family members can be sent to education, and armies now have supply trait that gives good amount of depth to whole game.

Oh, and there is enormous number of different mearcenary troops now, like macemen, light swords, saracen and few more crusader ones.

Also if anyone gets mod, pm me if you want to fight.

Medieval 2 Kingdoms - jshkornmiller - 11-17-2008

Was never really a fan of the Total war series. though, i did play the first medieval game for a week or two back in the day.

Downloading Stainless steel now. 30 min left. Looks quite good to be honest.

Edit: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=159996

Medieval 2 Kingdoms - Athenian - 11-17-2008

There are some great mods for Rome and Barbarian Invasion as well. Europa Barbarorum is huge and makes the Rome campaign last way, way longer. The Viking Invasion mod for Rome is like a updated version of the original VI expansion for the first Medieval Total War.

You can get Lord of the Rings mods as well. If that's your thing. Europa Barbarorum is ace. A few bugs but the scale of the thing is huge.

Only problem i got with the mod is that it crashed a few times in the title screen. But that seems to have dissapeared. Then there's the slow running turn swapping, but that could just be a combo of 10+ applications running on the background without a restart for the past 4 days.

Overall, Stainless steel : Good mod.

Medieval 2 Kingdoms - Dab - 11-17-2008

For anyone who has it;

Is it more difficult than Medieval 2 TW Vanilla? I'm on hardest difficulty and winning 1000 vs 2500 fights.. I need some opposition. >.< Only time I feel a real challenge is against the Mongols. (Haven't fought Timurids yet, they never get passed the Arabs, and I play European countries.)