Discovery Gaming Community
Questions from a humble beginner - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Questions from a humble beginner (/showthread.php?tid=1382)

Questions from a humble beginner - Behemoth - 08-10-2006

First of all I'd like to say a few words.
I have read the rules.

The server rules, the faction rules, the system owner faction rules, the rules for the owners of a system's rules - which got rules themselves -, the rules for role play character request and faction tag renaming, the rules for character name change requests...

Perhaps it's because of being new arround Disco... There are so much things to read everywhere in this forum I got a bit confused. :wacko:
I'd really appreciate your enlightenment on the following.
  1. "(...) If one character joined faction that owns systems, other characters from same account can only join the same faction. As an exception they can join another faction that does not own systems (...)."
    1. Is there a limit for the number of characters per account?
    2. If so, what is the limit if...
      1. ... I've joined a server faction (not system owning)?
      2. ... I've joined a server faction (system owning)?
      3. ... I've joined a role playing faction?
      4. ... I've joined all the above?
      5. ... I'm neutral (not joined any faction)?
      6. ... I've got them all?
    -
    Can't find that limit rule. Some players have so many characters *argh!*...
    Makes me think about:
    Role play characters are "(...) limited to Three Characters per account."
    1. Does that mean I can have 3 of each? :crazy:
    "Faction tags shouldn't be changed unless they have appropriate ID on all characters.
    And remove character limit, if all 5 bought IDs they might all be granted a tag if they want to. Though now it's completely optional." <- only this...
    Oh! you've made it here already!

-
  2. "(...) players that reached level 35 must choose an NPC faction to ally with or buy a Neutral ID."
    1. I have equipped myself with the neutral ID. Do I need to have the [IND] tag?
    2. Why was it created?
    3. What's it purpose?
    4. Why do some wear it and other don't?
Thanks for reading - and apologies for such large post.

(I'm sorry if the questions seem silly just because I missed the "right" topic about it. I do try to keep up with as much time I got.)

Questions from a humble beginner - Admiral Yamato - 08-10-2006

Contrary to common perception, the [IND] tage does NOT mean independent/neutral. Don't make that mistake (lol I bet Hoodlum is having a chuckle if he's reading this).

[IND] is an invite only group.

Questions from a humble beginner - General Nakazawa - 08-10-2006

each acount can only have 5 chars but there is an account manager that alowes you to create multiple acounts. that is why some people have so maney chars.
once you have joined a system ouwning faction no other char from any of your acounts(if you have multiple) can join a seperite one. (I know i know, its sort of ironic for me to be righting this but hey i have personal exeriance in this mater) Once you have joined a SO which you already have(mine) you can still join like 2 roleplay factions. its limeted now isnt it or am i imagining things? as for ids i dont realy understand that myself.

Questions from a humble beginner - Hyperwave22 - 08-10-2006

YOu can get the account manager from Korrd's website:

http://lordkorrd.googlepages.com/fam

This is how you can get more than five characters. Its like if you had different computers for every account.

If you need additional information go the the Freelancer in General category and look at the pinned topic on the top. Or you can follow this link:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=918

Hope that his helps,

Hype :D

Questions from a humble beginner - [SF]Just_Josh - 08-10-2006

also dont confuse my servers rules with the main servers rules. they a lot different but the same. 2 different servers, my rules can be found on the links in my sig. along with our forums.

Questions from a humble beginner - Dab - 08-10-2006

I wasn't aware there was a limit regarding non-system-owning factions. the only limit like that that I know of is for system owning factions, which is only 1 allowed. I'm a part of 3 factions. 1 system-owning, 1 non-system-owning, and 1 RP/invite only one. If I wanted I could join 12 more, as long as they do not have systems.

Oh! I got it.

I wonder if it would be easier for the admins to just let people have all their respective characters all in one place... and also the several forum accounts some users have too... anyway, that's beyond this topic.

Couple more things though.
  1. Do you know where are the role playing factions' tags posted? (So that I can finally decipher some of the in-game names eh.)
    -
  2. From Dark_Shadow: Once you have joined a system owning faction, no other character from any of your acounts (if you have multiple) can join another server faction (...) you can only have two more roleplay characters.
    (took the liberty of shortening it a bit ;))
    Could anyone fundament this with the rules?
Thanks for your support! :cool:

Questions from a humble beginner - General Nakazawa - 08-10-2006

dab i saw something about igiss implimenting a 2 rp faction limit some were i know it i just dont know if he acualy did it
oh and i dont know how to elaborate further on my post sarry

Questions from a humble beginner - Igiss - 08-10-2006

Ok, authorised answers to all questions :)

If one character from one account joined system-owning faction, other characters from same account can join only same faction or non-system-owning factions. There's no 2 rp limit, don't know where you read that. Quoting server rules:
Quote:2.1 No characters are allowed to join more than 1 faction. If one character joined faction that owns systems, other characters from same account can only join the same faction. As an exception they can join another faction that does not own systems, like Phantom.

"As an exception" I should note, it's not very nice to be part of many factions at once. Maybe two is ok, but more...

"No characters are allowed to join..." talks about one character regardless of account, so you can't be [RM][SF]Traitor or {AW}-phantom-CrazzyNomad.

Quoting server rules again:
Quote:Factions can be created by players who are not members of any other faction, reached level 35 and have a non-Freelancer ID.
So, there IS a limit that prohibits member of one faction from becoming a leader of another. Note that after the new faction is formed, leader might join other unions, like Dab joining Phantoms etc. This was done to prevent members from creating own factions without quitting old ones.

Tags are posted in Discovery Faction Status thread.

And remember we have only one set of rules posted here:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=48
All other threads are supplementary. This one is Highest Authority :)

Well then, that sums it up.
I really appreciate your time!

See you in space :cool:

(About that Yakuza becoming SO, I guess I'll be fine untill MiD become SO... Then I'll have to choose. :$ )