Discovery Gaming Community
House Advanced jump gates - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: House Advanced jump gates (/showthread.php?tid=13857)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

House Advanced jump gates - Tarrant5445 - 11-19-2008

I have another idea to submit for the drawing board and the rest of the community.

What about the creation of Advanced jump gates leading directly from 1 house home system to another house home system E.g. New London and New York. Or to its second closest system e.g. Leeds, California if it were bretonia an liberty.

Its the perfect idea for increasing trade, Tourism, one house coming to another houses defense in military aid, Decrease those long haul trips that take ages etc etc

it could be established between the two houses that are most friendly together showing that their friendship is a strong and lasting one.
(since i doubt Bretonians want Kusars popping up in there front yard every two seconds. that would be silly)

theres another idea for the cards, whats everyone think.

House Advanced jump gates - Eppy - 11-19-2008

I can haz trade balance plox?

Sorry, mate, but I can have Diamonds and Niobium from NB to NT in three minutes instead of thirty. No wai.

House Advanced jump gates - AdamantineFist - 11-19-2008

' Wrote:I can haz trade balance plox?

Sorry, mate, but I can have Diamonds and Niobium from NB to NT in three minutes instead of thirty. No wai.
Also, I can haz invasion pl0x? That would be a logistical nightmare.

House Advanced jump gates - GhostFace - 11-19-2008

Yea this wouldn't work out and even in RP wise I doubt the house would want to be that close together if say a war broke out.

House Advanced jump gates - Camtheman Of Freelancer4Ever - 11-19-2008

Yeah, Powertraders isnt the only problem here (Similar to the NY Magellan gate or Sigma-Berlin hole or Sigma Chugoku hole) Its invasion... Think of how easy from NL to NT? They're at war afta all.

That is why you would do it with a house with strong diplomatic ties, it is viable trade wise increase trade and military aid if a war broke out e.g if liberty were to be allies with bretonian they could send vessels over to bretonia to assist with the Kusari mess. Rp wise could rp the diplomatics, it could be the ultimate trade agreement, or declaration of friendship, really save on the long time it takes to get across the systems, and it would show the pinnacle in advance jumpgate technology.

([aimed at the warcomment] i dont think someone would declare war on someone they are friends with ya wouldnt build this in the first place if ya werent friends and were just gonna end up declaring war on the other faction)

Anyway its just an idea

House Advanced jump gates - beander2 - 11-19-2008

Increase powertrading, but not RP trade. Some of us trade not just for the money, but for the journey itself - scenery, adventure, risk, different encounters - this would reduce trade to a necessary chore (however abbreviated) instead of an important part of RP.

I realize many don't enjoy trade, but I don't think the dislike of trade should be systematized like this.

House Advanced jump gates - GhostFace - 11-19-2008

See its a good idea, but it wouldn't fit into discovery, possibly other mods but not this one.

Oh I'm not meaning every faction just say 1 connection between bretonia like say leeds an 1 to liberty say california and a second one between Kusari an Rheinland maybe. People also have the option to use original trade routes if they want it just gives them choice too.

Anyway:Dmore feed back please instead of just the negatives give a few positives.

House Advanced jump gates - hack - 11-19-2008

' Wrote:Increase powertrading, but not RP trade. Some of us trade not just for the money, but for the journey itself - scenery, adventure, risk, different encounters - this would reduce trade to a necessary chore (however abbreviated) instead of an important part of RP.

I realize many don't enjoy trade, but I don't think the dislike of trade should be systematized like this.

/signed