Discovery Gaming Community
To the new players in the server, do you feel welcome/progressing in the game? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: To the new players in the server, do you feel welcome/progressing in the game? (/showthread.php?tid=138828)

To the new players in the server, do you feel welcome/progressing in the game? - HoakinBlackforge - 05-03-2016

For me, while it has been nice these first weeks where some people have helped me (i wish i could remember their names), the game isnt giving me much hope right now.

I have been stuck with the same ship for these last weeks, looking for good places where i could make money in the shortest/highest way possible, with most of them ending in frustration since the wiki is lacking updates. I suppose i should avoid it for now until it gets updated.

But still, i feel unfair that the most equipment require millions when at first they are so damn hard to earn, when i started, i did my first missions, got my new equipment and a freighter, and started selling liberty ale to planet eris (pensylvannia) again and again, since i got a decent ammount of money with each travel. But when i wanted to get even better ships for trading, it wasnt enough.

When you make a specific faction character, like from the BMM (Bretonian miners), anyone who is new would expect to get equipment to roleplay as the character they made.

No, you are stuck with the basic ship, and the 25k starting credits. Deal with it. Not even a basic mining ship (right now unexistant) or actual faction ship.

And now, i wish i didnt had any, but it was obvious it would come, i have some complaints about some things in the game.

I can understand that you loose the cargo when you die, but, things like unattached weapons, ammo and other things like shield batteries and nanites, why the heck are they lost as well? I know that most of them are cheap, but, its quite annoying and quite minor compared to loosing all your entire stack of commodities.

And also, when you buy a new ship, why the ID cant be kept? Its annoying that you have to buy another one. They could also be made cheaper.

Basically, my main problem with the game is it doesnt feel progressive, and more of a grind for a single thing that i will later have to sell again.

RE: To the new players in the server, do you feel welcome/progressing in the game? - Hannibal - 05-03-2016

(05-03-2016, 09:52 PM)HoakinBlackforge Wrote: I have been stuck with the same ship for these last weeks, looking for good places where i could make money in the shortest/highest way possible, with most of them ending in frustration since the wiki is lacking updates. I suppose i should avoid it for now until it gets updated.
just use freelancer companion,if you had a bigger ship you could take advantage of the currents events that are quite profitable..
(05-03-2016, 09:52 PM)HoakinBlackforge Wrote: When you make a specific faction character, like from the BMM (Bretonian miners), anyone who is new would expect to get equipment to roleplay as the character they made.
a restart is only available for you so you don't waste time repping it,if you need help in how to make money i suggest watching sindroms videos(like the ones from this week) ,a short version: mine helium(with beginer restart) get bigger ship and start trading...at first liberty kusari routes will be easier,do that

in... 5-6 you should be in a 4-5k transport and start grinding for your next character..if its a fighter...its a lot easier to do so..

Quote:And also, when you buy a new ship, why the ID cant be kept? Its annoying that you have to buy another one. They could also be made cheaper.

you actually can keep it...when you buy a new ship go to the ID section on left and transfer it from right by clicking in the middle after selecting the id..

if you need more help,just ask Wink

RE: To the new players in the server, do you feel welcome/progressing in the game? - HoakinBlackforge - 05-03-2016

(05-03-2016, 10:03 PM)Hannibal Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 09:52 PM)HoakinBlackforge Wrote: I have been stuck with the same ship for these last weeks, looking for good places where i could make money in the shortest/highest way possible, with most of them ending in frustration since the wiki is lacking updates. I suppose i should avoid it for now until it gets updated.
just use freelancer companion,if you had a bigger ship you could take advantage of the currents events that are quite profitable..
(05-03-2016, 09:52 PM)HoakinBlackforge Wrote: When you make a specific faction character, like from the BMM (Bretonian miners), anyone who is new would expect to get equipment to roleplay as the character they made.
a restart is only available for you so you don't waste time repping it,if you need help in how to make money i suggest watching sindroms videos(like the ones from this week) ,a short version: mine helium(with beginer restart) get bigger ship and start trading...at first liberty kusari routes will be easier,do that

in... 5-6 you should be in a 4-5k transport and start grinding for your next character..if its a fighter...its a lot easier to do so..

Quote:And also, when you buy a new ship, why the ID cant be kept? Its annoying that you have to buy another one. They could also be made cheaper.

you actually can keep it...when you buy a new ship go to the ID section on left and transfer it from right by clicking in the middle after selecting the id..

if you need more help,just ask Wink

Freelancer companion? What is that?

And the ID, it doesnt allow me to select it, its just stuck there.

Also i need help to pass some weapons to another character, but i dont have any friends who can help me to do that. Could you? Please? Big Grin

I was lucky to find those ASURAS...

RE: To the new players in the server, do you feel welcome/progressing in the game? - Error - 05-03-2016

(05-03-2016, 10:54 PM)HoakinBlackforge Wrote: Freelancer companion? What is that?
Freelancer Companion is the de facto standard (and terribly useful) tool for finding commodity prices and calculating trade routes based on them; you can find a copy of it here.

RE: To the new players in the server, do you feel welcome/progressing in the game? - Hannibal - 05-04-2016

(05-03-2016, 10:54 PM)HoakinBlackforge Wrote: And the ID, it doesnt allow me to select it, its just stuck there.
https://youtu.be/amvN-pS2G2I?t=25m50s
since it seems i haven't been able to explain it so well,just watch that video

and..i don't know if i can help you transfer them,but if we are in same time zone...just try and contact me
skype:ebolla.oc discord: https://discord.gg/0WDcuuqtH6tiunWC (that is our server over there)

RE: To the new players in the server, do you feel welcome/progressing in the game? - Jack_Henderson - 05-04-2016

The beginning is really hard, especially when you are alone.
The best and fastest way of learning is to join a faction that is newbie friendly.
Many "moneymaking factions" are.

You need a group of people that can give you the basics and provide you with 50 million, and then you are in the game in just a few moments and you can participate fully.

If interested, feel free to add me on Skype (see my forum profile), or hit up any IMG| in game with questions.

Jack

RE: To the new players in the server, do you feel welcome/progressing in the game? - Felix - 05-04-2016

Hey there! Felix here, you might have seen me in Sindrom's new Let's Play. If not, go watch! It's very informative. A lot of your questions here can be answered by them, like the ID thing, as Hannibal pointed out.
Now, I can say "It's not hard to get started." And it'd be easy for me to do so, because I've had a personal guide all the way. But what I can do, you can do.
First of all, /restart is not made for putting you ahead. It's made almost exclusively to give you good rep with the factions you want. You gotta make the money yourself. And it's really not that difficult.
If you make a new character, do /restart beginner, and go behind Erie to the Helium fields in your mining array equipped sunburst, you can start mining, really quickly, helium, and you'll make almost half a million credits per run. That's not bad, and keep it up for a little while, you'll quickly have enough to go to Manhatten, buy a Mammoth, and get trading. Doing /restart reveals a lot of bases, so trading is easy as pie, since you know the prices almost everywhere. Here's a very useful map!
Another way to make a lot of dosh is to team up with someone. If you keep mining, and someone transports the ore for you, you can make almost 5x the amount of money in the same amount of time as working alone. Don't be afraid to seek out help!

RE: To the new players in the server, do you feel welcome/progressing in the game? - Wolflordorion - 05-04-2016

i have found that people are very kind and helpfull on the forums and the comuntiy is nice in game scouring the wikis in order to learn as much as i can i found that i had no problem progressing with my secound characher being an freelancer trader was rather easy to pick up and aquiring new ships was also managable but for my "main" it was a world of problems not fully understanding the difficulty rating of missions i got destroyed a lot and because of this i had very little money i want to be a BH even though i have sent a registation to libretys blanket bountys i still have not got a reply the same applies trying to get in with the player BHG faction sent a pm did what people said a few days go by and nothing i even attempted to try to pose the idea of a new more lawfree guild of bounty hunters ( you cant tell i want to rp as a hunter and be part of a faction ) so im stuck trading so i can buy better weapons and armour for my manta