Discovery Gaming Community
To: [FP11]-Sidon, Freeport 11 Administrator(s) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: [FP11]-Sidon, Freeport 11 Administrator(s) (/showthread.php?tid=139022)

To: [FP11]-Sidon, Freeport 11 Administrator(s) - Gas Miners Guild - 05-07-2016

[Image: RRIeQCU.png]

Good day, pilots,

I come to you today with a matter of great concern. The Guild was earlier in receipt of a largely open broadcast, with one message in particular determined to be cause for alarm.

An image attached to the above message quite clearly displays an unregistered T-520-GS "Bishamon" GMG Gunship, under the callsign [FP11]-Sidon firing upon a Core station while in possession of a Zoner IFF. The Guild has not authorised any of these gunships for external use, and our database has no further information on this ship or its commander. At this stage, the ship is considered stolen.

As a result, we would politely request a reply in this channel, explaining why a Guild ship is in use by (a) person(s) that is/are not (a) member(s) of The Guild, and without prior permission.

Respectfully,

Keiji Namura

RE: To: [FP11]-Sidon, Freeport 11 Administrator(s) - Gas Miners Guild - 05-10-2016

RE: To: [FP11]-Sidon, Freeport 11 Administrator(s) - Gas Miners Guild - 05-21-2016

The Guild is disappointed with the lack of correspondence and will now be conducting its own inquiries independently.

Keiji Namura

RE: To: [FP11]-Sidon, Freeport 11 Administrator(s) - Petitioner - 05-21-2016

[Image: marisa_1.png]

[[[ Incoming Datastream, Comms-Grade
[[[ Sender ID: Marisa Kita
[[[ Message Source: ZV Sidon
[[[ Data Integrity: Data Integrity OK
[[[ Processing Comm

Honorable Guildmaster Namura,

I am Marisa Kita, the current captain of the Sidon. Please allow me to apologize for the extreme delay in response; I sincerely hope this message doesn't come too late. While I don't aim to make excuses, I should offer an explanation. Because of the recent events surrounding Freeport 11, of which I am a resident, I've found myself not only in and out of the medical ward, but nigh-constantly tied up assisting with the station's repair efforts, taking care of other casualties, or, as you have noticed, defending the Freeport in space-side operations. Indeed, it's fortunate that I'm away from the Freeport right now, or else I might have been caught in the explosion which just occurred; in case you haven't heard about it, I'll attach a link to a CBC news article about it.

However, while I am here in the Omegas, and thus quite some distance from the Freeport, I have time to respond, despite the nonstop string of tragedies back home. When the Core attacked Freeport 11, we were in a state of panic. We naïvely believed that, despite the continuing escalation of tensions, our conflict would be solved diplomatically, or perhaps fizzle out given enough time; apparently, we failed to learn from the lessons of the past, specifically the conflict with the Corsairs many years ago.

I and a few others who had no ships to fly at the time, but who all had experience, saw the vessel we ended up calling Sidon was moored with the Freeport, and, with no better way to safeguard our home and not knowing just how urgent the situation might be, requisitioned the assistance of the dockmaster in forcing our way into the vessel, so that we might assist the other defenders. It was probably not the right thing to do, but in the end, we were effective in beating back the attackers, as evinced by the fact that Eleven still stands, and I think we would do it again; nothing matters more to us than our lives and the home we've carved out for ourselves.

After the initial attack was repulsed, we searched for the crew of the ship, but were unable to determine who they might be; nobody on the station identified themselves as GMG personnel. In this sense, you are correct, in that the vessel is technically "stolen", albeit with no ill intent. While I certainly hope this is not the case, I fear that the crew may have met their end at the hands of the Core's bombardment, or perhaps escaped onboard an outgoing transport; it was a hectic situation.

I'd like to again apologize for the lack of communication regarding this incident; our first free moments should have been spent contacting the Guild to sort all this out. Regrettably, they were not, and we find ourselves in this situation. Of course, we would be glad to hand the vessel over back to the Guild, if you so desire, or perhaps even reimburse the Guild for the cost of construction, so that the Sidon might find a permanent home in the hands of the Zoner community. If you need a reference in this regard, I would point you towards Sonya Praetorius, whom I've fought in defense of the Freeport alongside several times during the past month; I believe her father, Marcus Praetorius, is currently in communication with you.

Whatever you decide, I and my crew will gladly comply, and we apologize hundredfold for whatever trouble this whole unfortunate incident has caused for the Guild.

RE: To: [FP11]-Sidon, Freeport 11 Administrator(s) - Gas Miners Guild - 05-26-2016

Ms. Kita,

Thank you for your reply. The T-520-GS "Bishamon" GMG Gunship you are in possession of is still considered to be Guild property.

It would be appreciated if you would return it to any GMG station with great haste.

Cordially,

Keiji Namura

RE: To: [FP11]-Sidon, Freeport 11 Administrator(s) - Gas Miners Guild - 06-27-2016

RE: To: [FP11]-Sidon, Freeport 11 Administrator(s) - Petitioner - 06-29-2016

[Image: marisa_1.png]

[[[ Incoming Datastream, Comms-Grade
[[[ Sender ID: Marisa Kita
[[[ Message Source: ZV Sidon
[[[ Data Integrity: Data Integrity OK
[[[ Processing Comm

Honorable Guildmaster Namura,

The vessel in question was returned to Helgoland Station approximately one week ago. My apologies for not contacting you; I assumed that the dockmaster would have informed you, but I'm something of a stranger to paperwork and formality. Regardless, I believe this wraps up this matter.

[[[ Attachments
N/A

RE: To: [FP11]-Sidon, Freeport 11 Administrator(s) - Gas Miners Guild - 06-29-2016

Ms. Kita,

Thank you for your cooperation.

Cordially,

Keiji Namura