Discovery Gaming Community
Passenger Routes WIP - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+--- Thread: Passenger Routes WIP (/showthread.php?tid=139307)

Pages: 1 2 3

Passenger Routes WIP - Xoria - 05-14-2016

https://webbrain.com/brainpage/brain/28EF6843-2919-D00A-C927-7E5A2B6ACFED#-1

The link will display a model of a new passenger route system. It involves several new "people," and deploys a fairly complex system for their transportation. I suggest minimizing the text window at the bottom of the screen in the link before proceeding to explore the model. To explore the model, navigate by clicking on different bases, or type in a base name into the search bar in the lower left and click what it displays. "People" types are in parentheses for each base, like : Planet Curacao (VIPs).

"Travel" is simulated by going "up" through the series of links between bases. Below the base in the center of the screen are the bases that feed into the center base, and above the center base are where you can go. For example, if you select and center Planet Manhattan, you can "transport" Socialites to Planet Los Angeles, then from Los Angeles "transport" Sightseers to Planet Hamburg, and so on. Also, be sure to notice that there is a scroll bar across the top or left side of the screen that displays additional bases.

There are 68 locations currently in the model (including the Gallic bases that do not have links yet), and 501 connections between bases. Gallic routes have not been inserted into the model yet, and probably won't be until the Sirian routes have been priced out.

The model does not permit A-B-A type routes, and the system design probably limits even A-B-C-A routes, but I suspect that you can return to your starting point within 5 stops fairly easily.

Prices will eventually be assigned so that planets with normal commodities sell "people" at 1 c/sec below the highest rate already at the base. So Denver would sell Travelers for 266 c/sec, since Pharmaceuticals sell at 267 c/sec. Luxury bases like liners, Curacao, and Baden Baden will be priced independently at higher rates, just as they are now.

This thread is for feedback before I proceed to assigning pricing.

RE: Passenger Routes WIP - Stoner_Steve - 05-14-2016

I haven't had a chance to go thought everything yet but I love what I see so far, thank you!

RE: Passenger Routes WIP - DkJericho - 05-14-2016

Looks good I like the concept so far question though for the pricing of passengers at a buying location they will be only 1 credit then adjusted to credits per second at a sell point?

Edit: nvm I understand now.

RE: Passenger Routes WIP - Thyrzul - 05-14-2016

The system looks awesome so far, but could we insert some roleplay into it and exclude Toulouse from some parts of the cycle until the storyline dev team decides it is finally fully known and open to the public? Discrecy has been a vital element of defenses there, I'd like to keep it that way as long as GRN has this significant presence in Taus and Bretonia.

Looking at the diagram I also don't think that a planet with poisonous atmosphere (HCN, COCl2) would attract travellers, sightseers, vips, excursionists, that it would be missed from the cycle given how all the 7 commodities feeding into it also feed into Baden*2 where Toulouse also feeds, technically being just one more stop... or that there'd be a lot of Tourists on Toulouse at all.

RE: Passenger Routes WIP - Croft - 05-14-2016

Looks superb so far Xoria, the routes are varied and the pricing sounds sensible however I've found a few things from an ingame/lore perspective that might not make much sense.

Vacationers from Malta - A bit of an oddity due to the Cardamine. People inbound are fine though, it gives slavers a reason to target OSC and liners.

Kurile - Minimal population (15,000 according to infocard) and a poison ocean, passengers or commuters are understandable but VIP's and the like, not so much.

Harris - OSC actually has a plan to turn Harris into a Wildlife/Safari resort but for now it remains in the middle of a Warzone and the planet itself is not completely terraformed, a questionable destination for passengers.

Toulouse - As Thyzul said, Roussilion is meant to be a hidden system while the planet itself is still quite toxic.

Also for the sake of future developments, in theory where would our planned yacht around Iridescencia in Vespucci fit into the plan?

RE: Passenger Routes WIP - Kdawg1990 - 05-14-2016

Really looking forward to this or something along these lines being implemented, the routes atm are diabolical. Thanks to all involved

RE: Passenger Routes WIP - Xoria - 05-14-2016

Adjustments made per feedback so far, but Thyrzul, do you mean to have nobody leaving Toulouse? If so, there isn't much reason to have anyone arriving either. I don't want to create any dead ends.

A OSC yacht in Vespucci would have inbound traffic similar to Shetland, and outbound traffic of Tourists to Baden Baden. It might possibly work with VIPs also or instead.

Toulouse is a destination for Gallic fugitives wishing to leave the Kingdom, it's not a world inhabited to it's full capacity, I don't see why would anyone move forward from there. Who gather there are refugees who have better things to do than tourism elsewhere. If you want human cargo flowing out anyways, those could be something like envoys, diplomats, ambassadors, generally business people, something making a bit more sense than people fleeing a house with a civil war suddenly deciding they'll just go on a holiday instead of building a new home or at least a temporary refuge for themselves. If you would be fine with any outgoing cargo, we have HCN.

Also I've noticed you've left Envoys coming from New Tokyo in. Last I remember the Council got outlawed from Kusari, a vassal of the Gallic Kingdom, no communications have been done since then to ease the situation. They shouldn't know about the location of Roussillon and Toulouse either, so for what reason they'd suddenly start to send Envoys there is beyond me.

RE: Passenger Routes WIP - Cælumaresh - 05-14-2016

The brain-thing is extremely confusing to me, is there a way to make it a bit more understandeable for the simpletons such as myself?

(05-14-2016, 03:05 PM)Caelumaresh Wrote: The brain-thing is extremely confusing to me, is there a way to make it a bit more understandeable for the simpletons such as myself?

Every rectangle with a location name in it and a commodity name following in brackets is a starting point/destination selling that commodity.

The ball on top shows where you can sell the cargo you bought there, linking to stuff listed above it.

The ball on the bottom shows from where you can bring commodities to that location, linking to stuff listed below it.

The ball on the side means there is connection between Sirius and Gallia involving that location.