Discovery Gaming Community
Quick question about the Talarca and RPC - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Quick question about the Talarca and RPC (/showthread.php?tid=13948)

Pages: 1 2

Quick question about the Talarca and RPC - Guest - 11-23-2008

Price: 90 082 250 - Talarca Light Cruiser

The Talarca Cruiser is a rare ship built by one of the private ship-building companies of Kusari. Origins of the Talarca remains unknown; some say it's based upon an early Kusari gunboat prototype, some assume that it was constructed by ancient alien race. Classified between gunboats and cruisers, the Talarca is an efficient and cheap capital ship, often used by freelancers of both lawful and unlawful alignment.

Stats

Gun/Turret Mounts: 0/8
Armor: 160000
Cargo Space: 600

Max Batteries/NanoBots: 400/400
Power Output: 1400000

Max. Impulse Speed: 80
Equipment Mounts: CM, CD

Price: 76 082 250 - Rheinland Pirate Cruiser

Of all Rheinland pirate groups, only Red Hessians are capable of building cruisers of their own. Bundschuh, Unioners, and LWB don't build capital ships, but sometimes have a chance to buy - or steal - Red Hessian cruisers of older modifications, or even newer models that were crippled in battle. Having weaker hull and less firepower than new Hessian cruisers, these ships are still usable for defending pirate bases and attacking Rheinland Military convoys.

Stats

Gun/Turret Mounts: 0/9
Armor: 165000
Cargo Space: 800
Max Batteries/NanoBots: 400/400
Power Output: 1400000

Max. Impulse Speed: 80
Equipment Mounts: CM, CD

[11:34:55] Sindroms Arthur Dgahr says: any data on the powerplant regen rate?
[11:35:08] Vitaly ([Shadow]) says: sec plox
[11:35:12] Vitaly ([Shadow]) says: dat be FL stat
[11:35:46] Vitaly ([Shadow]) says: talarca 1.4mil recharge 95k
[11:35:59] Vitaly ([Shadow]) says: rp cr has saem

So, the talarca cruiser has only:

160k armor
8 turrets
600 cargo

The RPC has:

165k armor
9 turrets
800 cargo

Both have equal powerplants, regen rate, additional equippment, bbs.

So why does the talarca cost more?

Apart from that.
Quote:The Talarca Cruiser is a rare ship built by one of the private ship-building companies of Kusari. Origins of the Talarca remains unknown

Name Class Affiliation Base Location Cost Armory Cargo Hull nb/sb
Talarca Cruiser Cruiser Civilian Planet Honshu Honshu 90 000 000 0/8 600 160000 400

Usable by a Unlawful?

Quote: used by freelancers of both lawful and unlawful alignment.

Quick question about the Talarca and RPC - Elvin - 11-23-2008

Ive wondered about that as well. Only idea that comes to mind is that Talarca is brand new, altough RPC is reconstructed trash-ship. And well, Talarca is better in handling a bit, isnt it? But only RP idea I can see is that RPC is recostructed ship which was trashed by RH, and as such, it ist considered very reliable, comfotrable and such.

Just BTW, I really hate when cruiser bear inscriptions lie " Used a lot by freelancers, both lafwfull and unlawfull" ... Because Freelancers cant use cruisers and cant be unlawfull:D

' Wrote:Ive wondered about that as well. Only idea that comes to mind is that Talarca is brand new, altough RPC is reconstructed trash-ship. And well, Talarca is better in handling a bit, isnt it? But only RP idea I can see is that RPC is recostructed ship which was trashed by RH, and as such, it ist considered very reliable, comfotrable and such.

Just BTW, I really hate when cruiser bear inscriptions lie " Used a lot by freelancers, both lafwfull and unlawfull" ... Because Freelancers cant use cruisers and cant be unlawfull:D

Ah well...i just need to know if its REALLY a pirate usable ship before i get sanctioned or worse.

Quick question about the Talarca and RPC - Linkus - 11-23-2008

It can be used by a pirate if it is properly RP'ed. As can most things remember.

' Wrote:It can be used by a pirate if it is properly RP'ed. As can most things remember.

Allright, that answered one question.

Quick question about the Talarca and RPC - Ash - 11-23-2008

Arent you missing one thing? Size?

One must be easier to shoot than the other.

Quick question about the Talarca and RPC - dr lameos - 11-23-2008

It can be used BY a pirate if RPed properly but can't be used TO pirate of course

' Wrote:It can be used BY a pirate if RPed properly but can't be used TO pirate of course

Well, ofcourse, i know that, just was wondering if it can be used by an oucast. Made in Kusari...yet placed to be a civilian ship *shrug*

Quick question about the Talarca and RPC - Jinx - 11-23-2008

might be used - the ID card suggests that the vendors of the talarca care for only money - so they would sell it to those that can afford it. - the selling location is another issue though.

if an outcast must not dock there - i daresay, he must not get it. ( or have a very good explanation why / how he did it ) - referring to false selling locations works sometimes - but not every time... sometimes they do make sense, sometimes they don t.

personally - i d consider the talarca as civilian as th eagle. - meaning that pirates can use it no matter what pirates. ( in the end, the eagle is a liberty ship, too - still basicly everyone uses it ... but that might also be the case, cause digital anvil was simply too lazy to make ships for every faction in FL )

a lot of pirates that have a need for a cruiser sized vessel do have one though - pirates that have NO cruiser size vessel - usually have no need for one in RP, cause they mostly deal with fighters and have no ambition to overthrow an army or something. ... and generic pirates cannot use it anyway.

' Wrote:might be used - the ID card suggests that the vendors of the talarca care for only money - so they would sell it to those that can afford it. - the selling location is another issue though.

if an outcast must not dock there - i daresay, he must not get it. ( or have a very good explanation why / how he did it ) - referring to false selling locations works sometimes - but not every time... sometimes they do make sense, sometimes they don t.

personally - i d consider the talarca as civilian as th eagle. - meaning that pirates can use it no matter what pirates. ( in the end, the eagle is a liberty ship, too - still basicly everyone uses it ... but that might also be the case, cause digital anvil was simply too lazy to make ships for every faction in FL )

a lot of pirates that have a need for a cruiser sized vessel do have one though - pirates that have NO cruiser size vessel - usually have no need for one in RP, cause they mostly deal with fighters and have no ambition to overthrow an army or something. ... and generic pirates cannot use it anyway.

Nicely put there, Jinx, but no, mine was ''overthrown, stolen and infested'' was a civvy exploration..something.

But alright, i was just afraid id be sanctioned.