Discovery Gaming Community
3v3 League - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: 3v3 League (/showthread.php?tid=139743)

Pages: 1 2

3v3 League - Sanctions - 05-25-2016

[Image: H3YWOIo.png]
Welcome to the Discovery 3 versus 3 League!

What:
Iterative snub round-based deathmatch taking place in Connecticut system.

Why and what for:
Tournament's main goal is the group fighting experience itself, as it provides players with more realistic combat conditions and surroundings.
There also will be no winning prizes as of yet unless certain teams would like to play for credits, it's totally up to them.

Organisation:
  1. - Every fight has to be arranged through this thread
  2. - Interested participant(s) call the preferred game time (based on UTC), list their team's shipnames, optionally invite someone particular or either wait for any preferring free team to play against
  3. - Winning team gets 1 point, which the the Point Ladder will consist of
  4. - Game results have to be published here and then sent to the Point Ladder.

Game rules and regulations:
  1. - VHF and below classes only
  2. - Same ID per team composed of 3 members
  3. - All types of equipment are allowed
  4. - Shield-running, chain-firing, mine-spamming, custom textures/sounds and other questionable things except base-hugging ARE allowed: your playstyle and approach are the things you consider on your own
  5. - Just to make sure, no restocking during the round
  6. - Surviving team wins the round, while the first team taking 2 rounds wins the game
  7. - Team name may by any or none, however, members within certain team have to be described in the thread beforehand
Q&A section:
  • Q: Why luring people in Conn once more?
  • A: Because most interactions lead to combat anyway, so why not to make a well-organised combat sim for people who would like to work on their group fighting skills. We shall see if community either likes the whole idea or not, nevertheless, feel free to ask anything what's on your mind and offer any suggestions.

Q: Why do we need Point Ladder?
    A: Mainly to show the teams' overall successfulness and progression in comparison to others, also to possibly inspire the newcomers. However, the number of points may not be showing the actual skill of a team since some people just can't afford playing much enough to catch up.

Q: So the team members can be enlisted by just 1 person in order to participate?
    A: Yes, 1 person is enough to enlist the whole team. Not everyone can lurk forums 24/7, so we'd like to make all the arrangements be less time-consuming.

Q: What about third-party participants like referees and just plain spectators?
    A: Why not. Only problem there could be FPS-lagging caused by some models, so make sure the crowd doesn't hurt your FPS, otherwise just leave to the fighter area. Also make sure not to distract the participants anyhow with both chat or actions, keep being polite and respectful.

Q: What if someone's lagging or jittering during the game?
    A: First of all decide if it's really hurting your game, if it does, possibly make a screenshot/video of that, post in the thread and tell what you think.

Q: Why snubs only? And why only VHFs and below?
    A: It may be arguable, but we consider VHFs the mainstay of the game and the most versatile class in the game, so it would be optimal for our League to present them in most cases. HFs and LFs are also allowed to give a bit of more freedom of choice. What comes to caps, we're not really interested. However, someone may do something like this with caps, we don't mind.
    Q: Why every team has to be using same ID?
    A: So the conditions could be at least somehow more realistic. Seeing K'Hara, GRN and BAF in one team would be awful.

RE: 3v3 League - SnakeLancerHaven - 05-25-2016

I like this concept, realy. Some faction chain in command might not have all the time to log conn everyday for their members to participiate in such fight and improve in Combat skill. This is the oppurtunity for peops that want to train their members in group fights! Go for it. I didn't understand how to sign up though? D:

RE: 3v3 League - Sanctions - 05-25-2016

(05-25-2016, 04:50 PM)Commissar SnakeLancerâ„¢ Wrote: I like this concept, realy. Some faction chain in command might not have all the time to log conn everyday for their members to participiate in such fight and improve in Combat skill. This is the oppurtunity for peops that want to train their members in group fights! Go for it. I didn't understand how to sign up though? D:
Through this particular thread.
Quote:2. - Interested participant(s) call the preferred game time (based on UTC), list their team's shipnames, optionally invite someone particular or either wait for any preferring free team to play against

RE: 3v3 League - Yber - 05-25-2016

Did I hear...

G O L D E N T R I O ?

RE: 3v3 League - Sanctions - 05-25-2016

Trios all over the place. We'll start arranging first fights in some time I think.

RE: 3v3 League - Yber - 05-25-2016

Are we supposed to register teams here?

Team name: [-=XTF=-] Team 1
Preferred time: Afternoon server time
Ships:
[-=XTF=-]Renaissance (maybe [-=XTF=-]Xtreme.Fighter, same thing)
[-=XTF=-]Tachyon Balearic.Bill
[-=XTF=-]Vizaresh

We'll go up against whatever other team that wants to fite

RE: 3v3 League - Mr.Badger - 05-25-2016

Team name: [-=XTF=-] Team 2
Preferred time: Afternoon server time
Ships:
[-=XTF=-] Lesser Ivan.
[-=XTF=-]'Lambda'-[R]
[-=XTF=-][-=XTF=-]Pink.Guy (maybe [-=XTF=-]Lightshow, same thing)

RE: 3v3 League - Sanctions - 05-26-2016

We'd like to confront both teams. Say, from 19:00 to 20:00 UTC will suit you?
Team name: 3140
Ships:
[RF]Joachim.Weiss
[RF]Markus.Jonach
[RF]Imperium.Verloren
I'd also ask admins to pin the thread if that's possible.

RE: 3v3 League - Yber - 05-26-2016

We're missing 1 player in team 1 today, don't know about team 2

RE: 3v3 League - Mr.Badger - 05-26-2016

We're missing 1 player in team 2 today.