Discovery Gaming Community
To: Star Colonel Meallan Dagon CC: Samuel Locklear - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Star Colonel Meallan Dagon CC: Samuel Locklear (/showthread.php?tid=139968)

To: Star Colonel Meallan Dagon CC: Samuel Locklear - Vendetta - 06-02-2016

[Image: SqUP3uN.png]

Dagon, I'm sure you've noticed that we've been going up against newer, better equipped, and even more warships around Liberty. It sure as hell doesn't help that the Gallic Navy decided to kick their way into California, either. This is a major problem for us. The Excalibur, Damocles, Iblis, hell even the Abaddon - they're getting old. We can't exactly replace them if they were to take a critical hit. Parts aren't cheap, so unless you can make a damn Star Lance in that workshop of yours, then I've got a job for you.

We need some updated scans of what we're up against. Not just Liberty and Gallia, but the local Rogues and the rare Outcast that wanders in where they don't belong. Locklear needs it done, so prep some of your folk and maybe take the rookies with you to get some detailed scans of any warships they come across. Archers, Scyllas, Stortas, whatever those weird talking fruitcakes call that ugly white thing. Get 'em, scan 'em, nuke 'em, and analyze them. Once that's done, Locklear and I will be paying you a visit.

Keep me posted.

Moreno out.

[Image: jiMDi57.png]

RE: To: Star Colonel Meallan Dagon CC: Samuel Locklear - Kaze - 06-02-2016

[Image: dZ0ARtf.png]

Oh boy, you're telling me i get to design a new toy? Damn. It isn't even Christmas.

End sarcasm.

I am in the middle of making a new metal armor alloy for the Ven'Gyr and the Incursus, waiting on the Commonwealth get go on my request to build and field two prototypes of the Verdict VHF, looking at readings from lighting strikes of dark matter storms in Munich, which by the way suspicious as hell, and now you want full bypassing armor and disruptor readings on battlecruisers in half of the known sector?

Are you kidding me?

I just remembered. You don't have a sense of humor. Hmmm. Alright, I got a new sensor I want to test, and I am sure our boys and girls won't mind a delay of an hour to get it on their ships. That is. If you give me the permission. Say it, and i will unleash something that will make the Spyglass sensors a thing of the past.

Libera te Ex Infernis.

Star Colonel Meallan Dagon, Hellfire Legion R&D

RE: To: Star Colonel Meallan Dagon CC: Samuel Locklear - Vendetta - 06-03-2016

[Image: 2APIYTN.png]

Oh boy indeed, we've got something in mind that we need your magic touch for. Like I said, no details just yet, so keep waiting for the green light on the Verdict. On top of that, though, you've got the green light to get that sensor prepped and ready.

Make me proud.

Moreno out.

RE: To: Star Colonel Meallan Dagon CC: Samuel Locklear - Kaze - 06-04-2016

[Image: Z4n5rbW.png]

While some say it is a kind of magic, it isn't, Moreno. A lot of trial and error, and a whole lot more of sleepless nights and days learning every little bit of knowledge you can get your hands on. The Judgements are the proof of that. They took me almost two years to be what they are and i am not done with them yet. The Prosec itself took way more time, and that project started even before i set foot in the Legion.

But the Verdict... Well. That baby took me less than six months to get it cranked out to the prototypes i want to test out. Guess sometimes.. There is a muse somewhere, nudging your brain down the right path.

Either way, i didn't wait for your reply and installed the prototype of the scanner array i spoke in my bomber. Called it 'Scoper'. Needless to say, it works decently, although the range it needs is dangerous in an engagement, because the draw that it takes from the power core is anything but stellar. Works in tandem with the in-ship tractor beam to collect samples and debris, especially of a ship being shot at. I did wanted to take a look at the armor alloys our enemies are making now.

And after dragging Williams and With with me to a sortie in New York, i managed to get a good reading out of a Scylla. Here's a still from the full readings. With still hasn't filled the proper report of that battle. Remind me to smack the girl in the head. Hm. Although i wouldn't mind smacking something else on her... But here's the still.

[Image: hstp4kJ.png]

It goes without saying that i'll get the manufacturing line in Leniex to produce ten copies of mine, and i'll ship them to Hesperia to install them in some bombers or some of the capital assets moored there. Yes. Because fighter power cores can't handle the power draw the Scoper needs to work.

All the data from this particular battle was uploaded to the HC section of the R&D department, so you can check it all out. Most of it will look alien to you, but believe me, the full readings will help us in the long run, cutting off a lot of lost time in experiments and assumptions. From what i can see from my first study of it, the power core was split into three smaller ones to allow a more healthy distribution of power, namely to the engines, so it could keep on running even after a malfunction in the primary one. Adding to that, the whole schematic of the electronics and support system grid has zero, and i mean, it is completely different from what i have seen in the Iblis. There are obvious advantages here and there, namely regarding the control of individual weapon systems, but that requires a more lengthy study of all the data.

When the scanner arrays get installed, i will issue the command to our boys and girls, and hopefully we will get more decent readings. I will lose a couple of nights differentiating between the good ones and the bad ones. As i said, the Scoper is prickly at best, since i haven't finished it yet. With that in mind, i require two more assistants and another workshop. One bulky and another with thin hands. Because these scanner arrays are heavy and big, but as all the girls that matter.. they always require that gentle touch.

Libera te Ex Infernis.

Star Colonel Meallan Dagon, Hellfire Legion R&D

RE: To: Star Colonel Meallan Dagon CC: Samuel Locklear - Vendetta - 07-01-2016

[Image: SqUP3uN.png]

Dagon, bit of a delay on me due to work. You know how it is - force recon in the borderworlds. Turns our Kepler is quite the colonist hot spot.

Seems to me you've made quite a bit of progress. How much have you gotten, and where's the data? Locklear and I are waiting. It might be smart if we come down to your lab and see it ourselves. I hope you haven't been slacking.

Moreno out.