Discovery Gaming Community
Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Bretonia (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+----- Forum: BAF| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+----- Thread: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=14007)

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Veronee - 04-01-2010

Edited and removed some of the more...

flamboyant bits and some of the accusations but lying to us is not something we will EVER hold with. If you want to instate OOC policies then you better enforce them. Or.. the above happens.

you wanted this fair fight policy but you fail to enforce it then wonder why I get angry?
Accepting help from lolwut idiots in gunboats after you were already engaged in a two on one?
Truly you find this acceptable?

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Slainte - 04-01-2010

We all want to have a good game experience and i am sorry this has happened. We will, of course, have a word with everyone involved to try and make sure this doesn't happen again.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Veronee - 04-01-2010

That doesn't really solve the problem.
All that means is that, that one player wont do it again.
I would recommend you look into writing up a code of conduct document of some nature or ensure your ensigns are properly informed.
While I understand that you cant be on all the time but greater steps need to be taken to help your newer members, guidance etc.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - MarvinCZ - 04-06-2010

Veronee Wrote:I would recommend you look into writing up a code of conduct document of some nature or ensure your ensigns are properly informed.
Thanks for the recommendation, but we have such a document. If you have suggestions for improving the guidelines themselves, feel free.

' Wrote:
BAF Member Guidelines.

1. BAF members are to understand this Faction Status post, and the Laws of Bretonia. Laws of Bretonia, Post #3

MEMBERS WITH A PRINTER MUST PRINT THEM OFF AND HAVE THEM HANDY.

2. BAF members are to always RP in system chat, and unless impractical, in Group Chat.

3. BAF members are always to obey their superior officers. Junior officers WILL obey senior officers target assignments in combat, PERIOD. Disobedience loses battles.

4. Combat/Assistance Priorities are as Follows

Priority 1 : Always, without delay, assist other BAF, BPA, and other allies in combat who require assistance, but do not overkill, either. Obviously RL takes precedence, but advise others when it does.

Priority 2 : Stop Pirates from pirating in Bretonian space

Priority 3 : Stop Smuggling, particularly in Leeds (ID restrictions no longer apply - except to capships)

Priority 4 : Combat Training in Salisbury, or patrol home systems, or help new players with rep, as needed.

5. Treat all other players with courtesy and respect.

6. BAF members with traders are strongly encouraged to support the faction financially.

7. When only Ensigns are present online, a more senior member (incl Lt's) in another character must change to BAF to give them guidance. Preferably, at least one Lt Commander or higher rank will be on to provide command.

8. BAF members above the rank of Lieutenant are to enforce these rules. Report problem players breaking these rules or the server rules to me. I will take appropriate action, including discharge, with or without explanation. I do not need a high standard of proof, like screenshots. If a senior member tells me a junior one did something, that is all I need.

9. Any BAF member who is sanctioned by the Admins may be expelled from the faction, purely at my discretion, with or without explanation.

10. Bretonian ships and gear only. Codenamed Weapons Allowed. Anything larger than a Challenger requires clearance from command, and the rank of at least lieutenant commander.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Feldspar - 04-18-2010

---Incoming transmition---
---subject: confusion reguarding giving weapons to kusari---

To whom it may concern,
I was very disturbed that my request for 4 ultra sunrails was denied. The fact that it was denied in the first place does not concern me, it was the reason that I was denied that i found disturbing. I recived a trasmition telling me that for some very strange reason, I would "give" kusari these weapons. It hurts me to think you dont trust me. if it were for any other reason i was denied, it wouldnt have bothered me as much. Its almost an insult to me that any bretonian would even consider that i would hand off bretonian tech to kusari. I was born in leeds and I am loyal to the crown, I just choose to live independently. I have no idea why you think I would let kusari even touch these weapons. If you dont want me too use them, just say so, but dont insult me with such lies!
---"Mack" Holt.
"Mister Holt, I'm afraid I need to express my concern about the off-hand chance of the kusarians going out of their way to get their hands on these guns. Allowing them to get their hands on an undamaged set of Ultra's could prove quite the disadvantage for the Queens forces."

---Transmition end---

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Slainte - 04-18-2010

It seems that your application has not been officialy denied yet. Only some concerns have been raised. The ICMG have not got a good record with the BAF as yet ( a few of your warships have engaged BAF ships, and thinking that you lot can just stroll through Bretonia with gunboats and cruisers with no permissions would probably raise these suspicions dont you think. ) Post again with more details and lets take it from there.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Feldspar - 04-18-2010

---Incoming transmition---
---subject: ICMG relations---
well yes, we have had a bad first impression, but if you remember the "incodent" you speak of was resolved without violence and our ships complied after negotiation. the ICMG always tries to maintain a freindly preseance as much as possible with the crown. any turmoil we have encountered in the past has been atoned.

and our ships never exchanged fire with BAF.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - darthbeck - 04-19-2010

Your request has not been denied, I have merely expressed my concerns about your vessel being waylaid by kusarian forces. I did not imply that you would simply give them to kusari, but, I am vary aware that kusari would take any measures possible to get their hands on said weapons, as to allow them to reverse engineer them, and devise stronger shielding to counter them.
Tom Ramey
Captain Tom Ramey
Armaments and Munitions Licensing Office

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Akura - 04-19-2010

Kudos at your response times in Leeds.

I float through and the place is suddenly crawling with BAF trying to hunt me.

I think only the CR have better response times to emergencies.

Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - schlurbi - 04-23-2010

I actually forgot to post here:

Recently we have been doing a few Smuggling Runs with the AGS, on our Way back out of Liberty through Leeds we ran into one of your Members. Lee Adama was his Name, who was only able to tell us to stop our Ships. We tried talking to him, I continued talking with my Smuggling Partner and as we were bored, because he wasn't able to say something we moved on.

Of course he chased us all the Way from Leeds into Cambridge, stopped following us to Omega-3. Everything silently. Please tell your Members to talk and don't silently wait there for Reinforcements.