Discovery Gaming Community
Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Bretonia (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+----- Forum: BAF| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+----- Thread: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=14007)

RE: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Saronsen - 04-10-2023

(04-10-2023, 01:43 AM)Darius Wrote: tldr
2 cruisers, 4 bombers and 2 VHFs, if my memory is correct, is as powerful as 4 GBs and 1 bomber are on an even playing level.
tldr
2 cruisers and 2 bombers is a clean sweep for 4 gunboats, the weakest class in the mod, on top of it being 4 light gunboats, the weakest of the weakest class.

2 of the strongest cruisers in the mod (crecy) wouldve been an absolute struggle for 4 liberty gunboats.

Don't kid yourself.

EDIT: Also lol, 8v5 with 2 cruisers on the side of 8 is "even playing level"

RE: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Darius - 04-10-2023

Again, there's really been no past battle that gave us the chance to see what and how the Defiant performs against cruisers. The fact of the matter is that there is no single way to know what counters what and how well it does so without priorly knowing what the ship's decent at.

I also balanced the sides based on my personal experience fighting gunboats in cruisers, which has been, summarized in one word, terrible. I have yet to win a duel against one, so it then only natural that unless those two Crecies are Haste tier of good, they'll succumb to 4 gunboats well before they even kill 1 or 2.

The balance on the bomber side was done while keeping in mind past battles (such as your fight vs me and Hemlocke in bombers in Connecticut some months back) as well as considering the large size of the Challengers that arrived.

(04-10-2023, 01:50 AM)Darius Wrote: tldr
The balance on the bomber side was done while keeping in mind past battles (such as your fight vs me and Hemlocke in bombers in Connecticut some months back)

A battlecruiser is one hell of a different beast than a gunboat, considering they're actually good.

I don't mean the fight against the battlecruiser, I am strictly speaking about the tests that were done against a Defiant (probably with solaris) by bombers, in which I also took part in.

That has been my sole chance to fight a Defiant on a competitive level, and it wasn't in a capital ship. Regardless, this is indeed turning from BAF feedback into wannabe feedback for me, so I'll ask that the topic moves along to anything else noteworthy.

RE: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Kauket - 04-10-2023

(04-10-2023, 01:56 AM)Hubjump Wrote: I hope one day all these pages get removed so we can actually have BAF feedback rather than Darius feed back.
inb4 BAF Feedback gets moved to Flood.

Have you ever considered that it's because he's the 1ic and the only one who frequently logs? Factions do tend to reflect off of those who lead

RE: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Czechmate - 04-10-2023

BAF never been the side to give equal chance at winning for the other side - I have not once expected that when I fight them, so I simply avoid them in game unless I want to lose while seeing their posturing, docking etc. They simply don't fight unless they know they can win, and Darius has been very vocal about not willing to give blues out in the past to get the other side to log more.

I don't think it's that big a deal though - you always have a choice to go in and fight them or not, for balanced sides you can just make events, that's what they are for. Or just fight someone else who doesn't mind losing so much - you came to them after all Smile

(04-10-2023, 09:25 AM)Czechmate Wrote: They simply don't fight unless they know they can win, and Darius has been very vocal about not willing to give blues out in the past to get the other side to log more.

I think the Coronado and Dublin affairs can settle this assumption to rest for good. As can the members of frequent factions that raid (DTR and HS) confirm it.

RE: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - Levenna - 04-10-2023

(04-10-2023, 09:29 AM)Darius Wrote:
(04-10-2023, 09:25 AM)Czechmate Wrote: They simply don't fight unless they know they can win, and Darius has been very vocal about not willing to give blues out in the past to get the other side to log more.

I think the Coronado and Dublin affairs can settle this assumption to rest for good. As can the members of frequent factions that raid (DTR and HS) confirm it.

To be honest, as someone who's been raiding on Legion alongside HS recently, it's very notable that HS usually loses that fight from the ones I've been in which is why I stopped logging against them, maybe I've only been in the ones where fewer people have logged, I don't know. I'm assuming here, but if that announcement in your discord Saronsen posted was posted after the most recent one which was one of the few that HS won, then it does come across as a bit iffy. Especially given the context of the combat docks at the end which I refrained from posting here about, but could be considered bad mannered at the end of a 15-20 minute long fleet fight.

(04-10-2023, 10:26 AM)Venemon Wrote: It has been almost a week and y'all still crying because BAF man either shot down your space pixel or called your balls are small

if you dont like the feedback of the high command/leadership of BAF driving a previously well-respected faction down into the dirt with cringe monologues about how he's going to be hunting down people that don't "behave" how he likes and just playing the game like hes some sort of teenage batman, feel free to not read the thread.

RE: Bretonian Armed Forces Feedback - L1ght - 04-10-2023

(04-10-2023, 01:45 AM)Saronsen Wrote:
(04-10-2023, 01:43 AM)Darius Wrote: tldr
2 cruisers, 4 bombers and 2 VHFs, if my memory is correct, is as powerful as 4 GBs and 1 bomber are on an even playing level.
tldr
2 cruisers and 2 bombers is a clean sweep for 4 gunboats, the weakest class in the mod, on top of it being 4 light gunboats, the weakest of the weakest class.

2 of the strongest cruisers in the mod (crecy) wouldve been an absolute struggle for 4 liberty gunboats.

Don't kid yourself.

EDIT: Also lol, 8v5 with 2 cruisers on the side of 8 is "even playing level"

I don't understand how you expect Darius to stop indies from logging ? I don't see any Outcasts whining when they come to Liberty and suddenly 30 overlord indies log in and shoot them. You go to the heart of a house you should expect unfair fights as well. Even though last nights wasn't unfair really, just simply well coordinated. LSF should have simply played around each other rather than scattering around and being picked off 1 by 1 by bombers.

As for the BAF feedback might as well rename it Discos Daily Drama thread, it's odd to see same people complain over and over. A question to those SAME individuals that are complaining over and over, what are you even trying to achieve? I don't get it, this is a feedback thread , give some feedback and move on, why keep on going?