Discovery Gaming Community
System Addition - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: System Addition (/showthread.php?tid=14010)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

System Addition - Tarrant5445 - 11-25-2008

Well here is another random idea. But this isnt as out there as my previous ideas.

I was thinking Due to the Brits being the Aussies Parent and all we could add a system like australia an attach it to Bretonian space it could have the capital Cities like Perth, Canberra etc:Das planets or significant stations, or if ya were doing a specified section of australia like W.A ya could have a new shipyard to the bretonian people like Fremantle.

Was just a thought because Australia is probably the least thing to be added into multi systems it could have a place within its parents space. ( this would also give them a second Shipyard, I think the Bretonian versus Kusars amount of shipyard is a bit uneven)

Oh well what do ya think questions comments etc etc.

Positive and negative feed back.

(will add a poll later )

System Addition - Laowai - 11-25-2008

As an Australian i will only support this if the following names are used:

1: Bonnydoon

2: Wagga Wagga OR Wangi Wangi

3: Broke

4:Kalgoorlie (this MUST be a BMM station)

5: Woomera (shipyard)

' Wrote:As an Australian i will only support this if the following names are used:

Agreed definitely have Kal as a BMM station.

But I think Fremantle as its our Best port/ shipyard over West end

System Addition - Markus_Janus - 11-25-2008

Well as an Australian I would like to see our own system but not with names like those.

System Addition - jammi - 11-25-2008

Errm, Bretonia already has two shipyards, one in New London owned by BMM and another in Newcastle owned by Bowex.

As for the aussie systems, I'd only support them to the extent I supported the canadian system's introduction - with sceptisism. I can't see the systems working if you're asking for them to be populated by the Australian remenants from the sleeper ships - each of the induvidual nations blood lines would be so watered down by interbreeding that there wouldn't be any distinct british, scotish, australians, any particular nation left. Well, unless families resorted to inbreeding, but that's just gross, wrong and would probably be frowed upon.

If you're asking for the systems to be introduced as another Bretonian system that was named thus purely for memories sake, sure. As a new race, no.

Well, it couldn't be introduced for the upcoming mod though, the deadline is long gone. Maybe next version?

System Addition - spec - 11-25-2008

' Wrote:As an Australian i will only support this if the following names are used:

/signed

System Addition - Laowai - 11-25-2008

' Wrote:Well as an Australian I would like to see our own system but not with names like those.

As an Australian i find your inability to recognize that i chose the weirdest Australian names possible because i was being Sarcastic; un-Australian

System Addition - Markus_Janus - 11-25-2008

Well that'sgood to know, not sure if the un-Australian part was called for but what ever floats your boat.

System Addition - Satori - 11-25-2008

I was born in Kalgoorlie, anyhoot there are lots of Iconic names maybe a holiday planet called "Surfer's or Bondi'"

' Wrote:Errm, Bretonia already has two shipyards, one in New London owned by BMM and another in Newcastle owned by Bowex.

As for the aussie systems, I'd only support them to the extent I supported the canadian system's introduction - with sceptisism. I can't see the systems working if you're asking for them to be populated by the Australian remenants from the sleeper ships - each of the induvidual nations blood lines would be so watered down by interbreeding that there wouldn't be any distinct british, scotish, australians, any particular nation left. Well, unless families resorted to inbreeding, but that's just gross, wrong and would probably be frowed upon.

If you're asking for the systems to be introduced as another Bretonian system that was named thus purely for memories sake, sure. As a new race, no.

Well, it couldn't be introduced for the upcoming mod though, the deadline is long gone. Maybe next version?

No no no no misunderstand not as a new race, That would be rediculous, I was meaning Brits would have all the races under her within its various populaces. Australia was colonised by the good ol brits hence the idea was for a system in memory like youve got Dublin for Irish there would no doubt be irish in the bretonian populace etc well there is definitely likely Ausssies in there two.

My thought was hence to make a system with maybe a few planets like 1 for each state or a few planets an stations with the state capitals e.g. Perth as West, Darwin up North, Brisbane Queensland, Adelaide South aus, Sydney NSW, Hobart Tassie , Melbourne Vic, Canberra ACT. Perth being Rich in resources I would say put a shipyard owned an operated by the BAF named Fremantle.

Could put Kalgoolie in good ol gold an mining.

There are definitely aussies out there so could come together an submit an apropriate list.

Yea I know about it being too late for next version:Dcant wait for the next version an I wouldnt want it slowed down ( You folks keep up the good job ya doing).