Discovery Gaming Community
For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. (/showthread.php?tid=140294)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. - HoakinBlackforge - 06-13-2016

So, i noticed something when i installed Discovery Freelancer, my original freelancer save file for some reason was deleted. And i cant even start a new game, none of both.

I was thinking if there was any way to fix this, and if not, i will try and reinstall the game in another folder wihout discovery installed.

Anyone knows why does this happen?

EDIT: To avoid confusion, im referring to the vanilla freelancer, non-modded version.

RE: For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. - Cardinal - 06-13-2016

I think sometimes when Discovery is installed, the save files are deleted/moved to somewhere I don't know. I never personally encountered this issue. But as for the other problem, Discovery is incompatible with the Single-Player campaign. Meaning, saves will be automatically deleted if any are made in Discovery Single-Player. Chances are your saves are not going to be moved into the Disco folder, therefore they won't show in the game. They will, however, show up in the vanilla version of the game if the saves have not been deleted.

RE: For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. - HoakinBlackforge - 06-13-2016

(06-13-2016, 12:17 PM)Filthy Frank Wrote: I think sometimes when Discovery is installed, the save files are deleted/moved to somewhere I don't know. I never personally encountered this issue. But as for the other problem, Discovery is incompatible with the Single-Player campaign. Meaning, saves will be automatically deleted if any are made in Discovery Single-Player. Chances are your saves are not going to be moved into the Disco folder, therefore they won't show in the game. They will, however, show up in the vanilla version of the game if the saves have not been deleted.

Then probably my saves have been deleted. Cant find any.

So, if i install the game in a different folder wihout having discovery installed, will i be able to play freelancer again? I want to finish the game.

RE: For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. - Cardinal - 06-13-2016

Wait, did you install Discovery in the same folder as the original Freelancer game? I don't think you were supposed to do that. Usually Discovery is installed in its own folder. The original FL should work just fine if it doesn't have any Discovery files in it. If they're both in the same folder, you will have to probably reinstall Freelancer in a different folder, but I'm not sure if that will work, as the disc will detect copies of itself on the computer. You may have to use an external hard drive or a USB flash drive.

RE: For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. - Darku - 06-13-2016

If you want to play the single player mod then you must delete the 'My Game' freelancer documents file. C:// >> User >> My Documents >> My Game
or you copy the 'My Game' folder somewhere else then delete the file. Then you able to play the SP mod.

Yes, my gratitude to you, o' great community member that be'eth better than I. ;3

RE: For some reason, i cant play the original freelancer anymore. - HoakinBlackforge - 06-13-2016

(06-13-2016, 12:32 PM)Filthy Frank Wrote: Wait, did you install Discovery in the same folder as the original Freelancer game? I don't think you were supposed to do that. Usually Discovery is installed in its own folder. The original FL should work just fine if it doesn't have any Discovery files in it. If they're both in the same folder, you will have to probably reinstall Freelancer in a different folder, but I'm not sure if that will work, as the disc will detect copies of itself on the computer. You may have to use an external hard drive or a USB flash drive.

I have been checking, and both discovery and vanilla freelancer are in different folders, yet still i cant play the normal freelancer.

What type of error is it giving you when you try to run Freelancer?

(06-13-2016, 02:11 PM)Filthy Frank Wrote: What type of error is it giving you when you try to run Freelancer?

It crashes when i try to make a new game. But its weird, the game keeps running, but for some reason it closes completely.

Maybe something messed with the vanilla game...If this is happening on the vanilla game, all I can say is try installing it on a flash drive.